98% of NFL experts agree - NO playoffs for the Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

Not surprised at all. Doesn't change their playoff chances, though.

The Bills need to take care of business when the opportunity is there. (Beat the Brady-less Pats, win their home games, and sweep the underdogs.) Do that and it leaves 4-6 losses. That's enough.

Playoff teams are the ones who capitalized on the opportunity, no matter what the strength of schedule was.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is always surprised by these things, but here's the math from the national viewpoint:

2015: 9-7

plus: not much (no major FA signings, draft class is a hosipital ward)

minus: 4 game suspension for top defender

minus: top pass rusher now in Miami

minus: last year's surprisingly successful backup RB cut

= 2016: 8-8

No one is going to bank on TT being better, McCoy being healthy, Watkins playing a full season, the defense gelling, etc. until they see it on the field.

When injuries and stupidity run rampant on one team, what other rational conclusion should we reach?

They could make the playoffs, but how many of you if you had to risk your life on your decision would opt for they will make it?

When injuries and stupidity run rampant on one team, what other rational conclusion should we reach?

They could make the playoffs, but how many of you if you had to risk your life on your decision would opt for they will make it?

they arnt risking their lives.....they are wrong all the time....just a new year of guesses

they arnt risking their lives.....they are wrong all the time....just a new year of guesses

I'll alter the hypothetical for you.

If you had to bet $10,000 on whether the Bills will make the playoffs this year, what would your bet be?

Yeah, I know you don't have to bet.

I still hope they make it, but when looking at it objectively, I doubt very many here would bet on making it.

Who cares what the "experts" are predicting? Nobody what anybody thinks will happen right now, they are all guessing.

That's why they play the games and that's what makes the NFL interesting. There's always a team or two that is way better than most people expected. Maybe that will be the Bills this year. Maybe not. Nobody knows. GO BILLS

Personally, I think they will be in the group of 5-6 teams fighting for wildcard spots (Pitt, Cin, Oak, KC, JAX, NYJ, BUF, etc). Based on their schedule, I expect them to fall just short. But would not be shocked at all if they get in.

Add me to the list of those who do not think they will make it. Too many holes and inconsistent play. Could they make it? Sure but things have to fall their way and we know the Bills luck is not that good. They have talent on the roster to make it but the right side of the offensive line and the linebackers are weaknesses you can not gloss over.

So these experts don't trust Rex to get a team into the post-season?

I guess if you throw the last 5 seasons of Rex's coaching career out the window then they're wrong.

I hope Whaley doesn't trade away what is left of the Bills 2017 draft picks. You know.....just in case they finish with a poor record.

Only 1 out of 40 experts polled by newyorkupstate.com predict the Bills will make the playoffs.

98% of NFL writers/experts from NFL.com, PFF, ProFootballTalk, USA Today, CBS, ESPN, etc. who do this for a living do not think the Bills are a Top 6 team in the AFC.

Amazing.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/2016_nfl_predictions_only_1_of_40_national_experts_say_bills_make_playoffs.html

How is it amazing?

Only 1 out of 40 experts polled by newyorkupstate.com predict the Bills will make the playoffs.

98% of NFL writers/experts from NFL.com, PFF, ProFootballTalk, USA Today, CBS, ESPN, etc. who do this for a living do not think the Bills are a Top 6 team in the AFC.

Amazing.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/2016_nfl_predictions_only_1_of_40_national_experts_say_bills_make_playoffs.html

I guess I thought it was amazing that 1 of the 40 writers predicted "Superbowl!" for the Bills

One team no one picks usually sneaks in every year, and one trendy pick usually bottoms out. It could be us - but the top 3/4 are usually set so were battling like 6 or 7 teams for 1 or 2 open spots. Its tough.

Not to mention we're in a division with a powerhouse team- usually puts an extra 2 L's on your record, and takes away the possibility of winning the division. 2 extra AFC losses and a worse divisional record - all tiebreakers that get harmed by playing new england twice a year during their run of winning an average of 12 per year for 15 years. Certainly doesn't make it easy.

Yep. Titans, Bengals, Ravens, Jags, and Raiders games are the ones we really need to win (besides the AFCE) in order to make the WC spot happen. What bothers me is the last 3 games we have Bengs, Jags, and Raiders, and I dont remember a time last season where we strung more than 2 wins together back to back. If we want to get a WC we need to be able to go on 3-5 game winning streaks throughout.