98% of NFL experts agree - NO playoffs for the Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

Two schools of thought

Owners want the Bills as Super Bowl winners. Apex of success and the Pegulas would be in a poor position to be cheap after finally getting to the top of the mountain.

Flip side - Owners want the team super competitive but not win it all. Keeps the Pegulas from saying "well we won, box checked" and get complacent about the definition of success going forward in a stadium that doesn't make money.

While 90% of this is tongue in cheek, the other 10% of me wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Bills amazingly successful this year. Why?

The NFL is a private enterprise in the entertainment business. It can tell whatever story it wants to.

I appreciate your commentary.

the last two sentences resonate with me, even though I often choose to ignore that feature of the Game.

well done

Well, 100% of Johnny Hammersticks thinks these "experts" are stupid idiots.

I like the consensus! If you had, say, a dissenting toe or something you'd have to have it removed!

I don't blame people for not counting us in until we stop this disappointing trend. Hoping this is the year.

Only 1 out of 40 experts polled by newyorkupstate.com predict the Bills will make the playoffs.

98% of NFL writers/experts from NFL.com, PFF, ProFootballTalk, USA Today, CBS, ESPN, etc. who do this for a living do not think the Bills are a Top 6 team in the AFC.

Amazing.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/2016_nfl_predictions_only_1_of_40_national_experts_say_bills_make_playoffs.html

if they feel the need to tell you that extremely,it means the Bills are going.

think about it, everyone picked Panthers last night on all the pregame stuff

Where's the nuance in 16 years without a playoff game?

You missed the memo. The previous years don't matter if you lost, they only matter if you won. Only people here understand the finer points of the game, the people who follow football professionally don't have a clue. Except, of course, the ones who think the Bills will do well. That's axiomatic.

Edited by CodeMonkey