Food / Condiment that you just can't eat

/dev/null

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miracle Whip is salad dressing. I prefer Hellman's mayo though. I don't know what it is about Miracle Whip? Too much vinegar, even though I love vinegar... I just don't prefer Miracle Whip.

I never looked at the ingredients, but I suspect onions.

Hate olives, all kinds - green, black, martini, etc

Olive oil heated on side for dipping bread makes me sick.

Went to business lunch one time and they were serving it and I needed to leave due to smell.

Not want it in salads either,

Can deal with it usually in cooked food unless it is type where olive oil is just added at end.

Limberger cheese is one of things which you smell and think must taste terrible but it is delicious especially with onions on a sandwich.

Taste and smell are very related senses but for some reason limberger defies it.

Funny thing is my wife is Chinese and hates them but I love them.

You need to try spinach cooked Chinese style; hated all the time growing up and love it how my wife cooks it with garlic.

Fries to me are terrible without malt vinegar.

Growing up my grandfather would eat Limberger cheese by itself and the smell would consume the room. Just plain awful I don't know how he did it. And is probably the reason I can't eat cheese of any kind today.

Do you like red-beet eggs?

never heard of em

I am skeptical too... If there was only a way to shut off your nose like a blindfold for eyes...

...they do list a nifty experiment... Give it a try!

it may work at first but your body has away of figuring stuff out.

I like raw carrots but not a fan of steamed carrots.

roasted carrots are the bomb, actually most roasted vegetables are great, it's like Bread vs Toast.

Roasted asparagus is friggin amazing!!!

I can't eat scrambled egg. Not sure why but it makes me ill.

I can handle anything with egg as an ingredient, just can't stomach it on its own.

Wife is same w/green beans... My fav veggie! Like JR said. My wife's parents made her eat green beans. Canned beans w/bacon and fat. She can't even open a can of beans. She even can't eat fresh green beans w/out puking.

They'd make the children finish their plates. If they didn't, they would sit there until the table and everything was cleaned up, lights dimmed... Then would have to go to bed.

FWIW... Eating habits are established @ early age... Around 2.

Parents are pretty effed up. A lot eat out of guilt.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I go away for a while and everyone has lost their friggin' minds.

For me it's coconut but if you put it on shrimp & toast it, I'm there (while violating several Bible admonitions).

Everything else is awesome.

Go Bills. See you in the chat room.

Wife is same w/green beans... My fav veggie! Like JR said. My wife's parents made her eat green beans. Canned beans w/bacon and fat. She can't even open a can of beans. She even can't eat fresh green beans w/out puking.

They'd make the children finish their plates. If they didn't, they would sit there until the table and everything was cleaned up, lights dimmed... Then would have to go to bed.

FWIW... Eating habits are established @ early age... Around 2.

Parents are pretty effed up. A lot eat out of guilt.

Lesson for the young parents out there. You can ruin foods for your kids for life.

Mayo/Miracle Whip. Can't stand it. If it is in a recipe where the taste is masked, fine. On a sandwich or sub...no way. Can't even get one bite down. :sick::sick::sick:

This deli near the office at my previous job had the best spicy mustard I've ever had. They made a damn good sandwich too. One day, I got back to my office and sat down to eat the sandwich. They had screwed up my order and used mayo instead of mustard. I had to throw the thing out immediately. I can't stand mayo, but then to find it in place of that awesome mustard? It still makes me cringe.