seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have checked with the NFL before taking the drugs

Still BS though if they suspend him for taking something that was prescribed to him for an uncurable disease

CBF

Yeah, hard to believe this wasn't dealt with in a timely fashion through proper channels. Surely there' some exemption. If not, there needs to be. Very curious, was it something more than medical treatment? Odd stuff...

Four games means a prior failure. Not a chance Goodell will believe that he's just started it up again to ease pain.

well, he came with a history of suspensions in college (and didnt he flag at the combine as a first strike in the nfl).

if we assume its weed.... i wouldnt be surprised if its self medicating the whole way through, but hes got to learn a lesson here somewhere, or we have to accept he isnt going to be reliable due to his stance on the issue.

Edited by NoSaint

He should have checked with the NFL before taking the drugs

Still BS though if they suspend him for taking something that was prescribed to him for an uncurable disease

CBF

You would think it would he automatic when a player with serious illness and taking meds, they would be submitted

Too the league. Well if it was my career I certainly would make sure everyone knows the situation. Especially if a banned

Substance may be involved.

You would also think the league has talked to the bills and everyone involved before making any announcement.

IF it is for weed then he deserves what comes his way.

Does each NFL team have a doctor on staff?

If so, maybe all diagnosis should be handled by the team doctor and therefore penalize that doctor if he doesnt follow NFL protocal

You would think it would he automatic when a player with serious illness and taking meds, they would be submitted
Too the league. Well if it was my career I certainly would make sure everyone knows the situation. Especially if a banned

You would also think the league has talked to the bills and everyone involved before making any announcement.

I know this is horrible to say but I know he had some weed issues prior to the draft and I really hope he didnt view his chrohns disease as an excuse to smoke weed

CBF

Why? It's ok for him to take whatever prescribed meds for pain, but not cannabis? If the league is willing to look the other way on any drugs related to Crohns, they should be for cannabis too.

The league just needs to update the weed policy regardless - which I've said on many occasions...

well, he came with a history of suspensions in college (and didnt he flag at the combine as a first strike in the nfl).

if we assume its weed.... i wouldnt be surprised if its self medicating the whole way through, but hes got to learn a lesson here somewhere, or we have to accept he isnt going to be reliable due to his stance on the issue.

There's a lot at play. NFL is a private entity. Weed is still illegal in the state he lives in and the one he's employed in.

Only chance he's got is if he can prove full disclosure with the NFL prior to treatment and the treatment itself is legitimate. I feel for the guy, I really do.

It may be ridiculous, but it's probably going to stand in spite of an appeal.

Regardless of how you feel about marijuana, it's a banned substance by the NFL, and simply having a prescription for it is a moot point, if for no other reason than because pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can get a medical marijuana card for whatever reason they can make up on a webcam.

That's not to say it's not helping Henderson with his condition. It's just to say it's a banned substance and if the NFL allows 'medical' marijuana as an exception, it may as well get rid of the ban altogether, and it's not going to do that with an illegal substance.

Why? It's ok for him to take whatever prescribed meds for pain, but not cannabis?

It's a different animal.

You can't get something like hydrocodone by talking to an anonymous doctor via Skype and complaining about a slight pain in your back.

It may be ridiculous, but it's probably going to stand in spite of an appeal.

Regardless of how you feel about marijuana, it's a banned substance by the NFL, and simply having a prescription for it is a moot point, if for no other reason than because pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can get a medical marijuana card for whatever reason they can make up on a webcam.

That's not to say it's not helping Henderson with his condition. It's just to say it's a banned substance and if the NFL allows 'medical' marijuana as an exception, it may as well get rid of the ban altogether, and it's not going to do that with a substance they can't profit off of.

fixed that for you.

Why? It's ok for him to take whatever prescribed meds for pain, but not cannabis? If the league is willing to look the other way on any drugs related to Crohns, they should be for cannabis too.

The league just needs to update the weed policy regardless - which I've said on many occasions...

The league should update it's policy but NY is kind of a prohibition state where Charlottes web with no THC

Is all that is legal. And even that is not easy to get. How many athelete are looking for that? Plus it is completely illegal in the eye's of the feds. I don't think any

Sports league wants to be the first to legalize weed for say pain management, etc. or any major company

For that matter. And for sure the NFL isn't Looking to set precedent in that area.

The league should update it's policy but NY is kind of a prohibition state where Charlottes web with no THC

Is all that is legal. And even that is not easy to get. How many athelete are looking for that? Plus it is completely illegal in the eye's of the feds. I don't think any

Sports league wants to be the first to legalize weed for say pain management, etc. or any major company

For that matter. And for sure the NFL isn't Looking to set precedent in that area.

There is no weed policy for the NHL.

You can't get something like hydrocodone by talking to an anonymous doctor via Skype and complaining about a slight pain in your back.

You can't? Pretty sure the underground opioid problem is HUGE in this country...

"You want a toe? I'll get you a toe. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock..."