• 1-15
  2. 2. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated to, but I voted 8-8. It feels so wishy-washy.

But I did go through the games, and I found only 8 wins.

Wins: Baltimore, Jetsx2, Fishx2, Niners, Brownies, Raiders (surprise win on the Left Coast).

Ls: NEx2 (BB v RR = Lol), Jags (surprise loss), Ariz, Rams (surprise loss considering their QB situation), Pitt, Cin, Seattle.

Best I could do. Rexy's teams are undisciplined, and there's always a surprise win and a surprise L with this team, no matter who is coaching.

JAX and OAK seem to be on the rise, but we have JAX at home and play @OAK, so that's why I picked those games as I did.

. . . which is exactly why I picked both games opposite of you. Bills always surprise (in both directions) in a couple games against middling teams.

Edited by maddenboy

Start 2-0 with Tyrod's revenge @Baltimore and the upside of our annual split with the Jets

Then a 3 game skid with back to back Super Bowl contenders at home against Arizona and our annual embarrassment @New England.

Week 5 sees a West Coast road trip which the Bills have historically struggled with

A week 6 home win over SF evens up the record at 3-3

Then the wheels come off and the Bills drop 7 straight starting with the downside of our annual split with Miami.

Bills aren't ready to compete on the same level as New England, Seattle, and Pittsburgh

On a neutral field the Bills would fall to Cincinnati and Oakland, let alone road trips

Jacksonville is much improved and will prove too much even at home

At 3-10 the talk swirls on how high a draft pick the Bills will have in 2017. And the Bills being the Bills, they manage to screw up draft position by winning their next two games at home against Cleveland and Miami.

At 5-10 the Bills will end their season, and fittingly Rex Ryan's tenure, with a loss at the New York Jets

5-11 :(

I think they are + or - a game around 8-8. Unless Tyrod Taylor plays very very well and the offense is great, I think the defense will drag the team down. I hope that I am wrong, but the defense could be very bad.

I think you vastly underestimate how important it is for all 11 players to actually understand their responsibilities on each play. The defense will be improved, if not much improved. No player is talented enough to give the other teams players a 3 step head start every play and still be in position.

Edited by matter2003

wow lots of optimistic fans jezz.

Start 2-0 with Tyrod's revenge @Baltimore and the upside of our annual split with the Jets

Then a 3 game skid with back to back Super Bowl contenders at home against Arizona and our annual embarrassment @New England.

Week 5 sees a West Coast road trip which the Bills have historically struggled with

A week 6 home win over SF evens up the record at 3-3

Then the wheels come off and the Bills drop 7 straight starting with the downside of our annual split with Miami.

Bills aren't ready to compete on the same level as New England, Seattle, and Pittsburgh

On a neutral field the Bills would fall to Cincinnati and Oakland, let alone road trips

Jacksonville is much improved and will prove too much even at home

At 3-10 the talk swirls on how high a draft pick the Bills will have in 2017. And the Bills being the Bills, they manage to screw up draft position by winning their next two games at home against Cleveland and Miami.

At 5-10 the Bills will end their season, and fittingly Rex Ryan's tenure, with a loss at the New York Jets

5-11 :(

really?? and what makes you think a 2nd year coach will get fired? who are we the Browns now? changing coaches every 2 years is what the losing teams do.

7-9. If you look at each individual game right now - based on what we know right now - the Bills will likely be underdogs in 10 of the 16. So I guess the simplest guess is 6-10. Note: I'm not talking about things like "but we have the Jets'/Dolphins' number," And there's nothing wrong with arguing that -- it amounts to "we'll go 5-1 in the AFC East, beating up on the Jets/Dolphins and stealing one from the Bradyless Pats." I'm talking about who will actually be the favored team on that given day. So 7-9 is actually on the optimistic side. Could things go considerably better? Sure. A couple teams every year overperform. But predicting something like a 10-6? No.

@Baltimore UNDERDOG
Jets. FAVORITE
Arizona. DOG
@New England DOG (but that may change by Week 4 if Jimmy G. really sucks in Weeks 1-3)
@Los Angeles. FAV
San Francisco FAV
@Miami. DOG
New England. DOG
@Seattle. DOG
@Cincinnati. DOG
Jacksonville. FAV
@Oakland. DOG
Pittsburgh. DOG
Cleveland. FAV
Miami. FAV
@Jets. DOG

I'm going with 8-8 and not making the playoffs. The longer Rex coaches the more tiresome he will get. His biggest weakness is that he isn't adept at adjusting to the talents of the players he has on had.

What will make this team interesting to watch is TT and the offense making plenty of big plays. Don't be surprised if you hear rumblings from anonymous sources at OBD that they wished the more mature Roman was the HC instead of the current jingoistic and demonstrative HC.

Why do people ask for one's honest opinion? Is that in contrast to asking for one's dishonest opinion?

7-9. If you look at each individual game right now - based on what we know right now - the Bills will likely be underdogs in 10 of the 16. So I guess the simplest guess is 6-10. Note: I'm not talking about things like "but we have the Jets'/Dolphins' number," And there's nothing wrong with arguing that -- it amounts to "we'll go 5-1 in the AFC East, beating up on the Jets/Dolphins and stealing one from the Bradyless Pats." I'm talking about who will actually be the favored team on that given day. So 7-9 is actually on the optimistic side. Could things go considerably better? Sure. A couple teams every year overperform. But predicting something like a 10-6? No.

@Baltimore UNDERDOG

Jets. FAVORITE

Arizona. DOG

@New England DOG (but that may change by Week 4 if Jimmy G. really sucks in Weeks 1-3)

@Los Angeles. FAV

San Francisco FAV

@Miami. DOG

New England. DOG

@Seattle. DOG

@Cincinnati. DOG

Jacksonville. FAV

@Oakland. DOG

Pittsburgh. DOG

Cleveland. FAV

Miami. FAV

@Jets. DOG

Once again how they look NOW is irrelevant. We don't know who will be injured, what teams will suck yet, what teams will be good, etc.

8-8. If it's a good year, 9-7. Down year, 7-9. Perennial .500 team. When your goal is to hopefully make the wild card then that's what you get unfortunately. If they would have tanked the year we got Dareus and blew up the roster and collected draft picks we would be the Panthers by now with Cam Newton under center. We will do just good enough so that people keep their jobs but we aren't on track to win a super bowl in my lifetime.

or if Luck hadn't been such a weenie and stayed in college his last year, Cam would've fallen to us.

Once again how they look NOW is irrelevant. We don't know who will be injured, what teams will suck yet, what teams will be good, etc.

Well ... then what would be the point to making predictions of the Bills record? Doesn't this amount to simply saying we don't know what the future may hold, so we should just sit back quietly and watch how things unfold? Where's the fun in that?