• 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
  2. 2. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Best case 10-6; worst case 6-10. Ultimate result: 8-8.

Usual things will happen to us:

1. Key injuries and lack of depth will hurt us.

2. We'll be in several close games where we can't make the key play.

3. We'll have a couple of surprise victories.

4. We'll have a couple of boneheaded losses.

I'm still psyched though! :beer:

:wallbash: This! Include bonehead/ too many penalties ​per game. I hope it doesn't happen, but these have been common denominators over many seasons now.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard that one before. Yawn. You should stick to mindless rants about the Bills' training staff because of a failed physical by a player claimed on waivers when it's not unique to the Bills.

Why don't you link to the player's statements that he's not injured and expects to play this year?

I honestly think the issue is also complexity. Complex systems are at a disadvantage under the new CBA - there just isn't time to learn and practice them.

The Patriots actually run a very simple defense that can be tweaked to fit changing personnel. And on offense it's just one guy. This is the new model IMO and Rex has not adjusted.

Probably right. Pegs and Whaley should have thought of this before they hired Rex. This is all pretty much on the owner, not on Rex. The whole football world knew how Rex coached, what his scheme was and who he was as a person long, long , long before Pegs/Whaley hired him. This is on the owner making a bad hire. Rex is just doing what he said he would do and how he's coached all along.

Sorry , but this one's on the owner. He could have easily extended Marrone, Schwartz at lower cost but he chose not to and Marrone correctly bailed out on what was going to be a losing situation (for Marrone). So yeah, just like with the Sabres, the owner learns the hard way and we pay the price should they stink it up this year on defense. On the flip side, Rex's defense, if the communication on field is solid and quick, covers up lack of talent or suspensions/injuries.

]

We shall see.

I honestly think the issue is also complexity. Complex systems are at a disadvantage under the new CBA - there just isn't time to learn and practice them.

The Patriots actually run a very simple defense that can be tweaked to fit changing personnel. And on offense it's just one guy. This is the new model IMO and Rex has not adjusted.

Probably right. Pegs and Whaley should have thought of this before they hired Rex. This is all pretty much on the owner, not on Rex. The whole football world knew how Rex coached, what his scheme was and who he was as a person long, long , long before Pegs/Whaley hired him. This is on the owner making a bad hire. Rex is just doing what he said he would do and how he's coached all along.

Sorry , but this one's on the owner. He could have easily extended Marrone, Schwartz at lower cost but he chose not to and Marrone correctly bailed out on what was going to be a losing situation (for Marrone). So yeah, just like with the Sabres, the owner learns the hard way and we pay the price should they stink it up this year on defense. On the flip side, Rex's defense, if the communication on field is solid and quick, covers up lack of talent or suspensions/injuries.

]

We shall see.

But by this logic, shouldn't the Bills' defense -- having now had 16 months to digest and learn Rex's complex scheme -- come out firing on all cylinders?

This offseason Rex brought in the messengers he should have brought a season ago -- Rob, Ed Reed -- and I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that the players are still "confused" about what they're supposed to do.

Expecting the defense to perform at the same level they did in 2015, with little or no improvement, is simply not logical.