Preseason Game 4: Bills at Lions - 9/1 at 7:30 PM

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were we really playing our backups or the guys getting cut? If it's the latter then who cares?

I never understood that saying. When people say latter i think of going up. So does that mean the 1st thing you said which would be at the top of the sentence? Or the end of the sentence?

Lol 31-0?

Depth is a disaster. Not that we didn't already know that coming in.

Once the injuries hit it's going to get ugly...

90% of these dudes aren't gonna make ANY NFL team, so really it was like a pickup football game of dudes on your street being coached by the Bills and Lions...

The fact you put ANY stock in this game is pretty amazing.

I only lasted into the 2nd Quarter before taking the view that the quality of that game was not worth a tired Friday at work for.

As for who was playing it was a mix of 2s and 3s. On the defensive line Worthy and Douzable will make the team and I wouldn't be worried about either of those mixing in with the likes of Kyle, Corbin, Adolphus and Dareus when back but if we get down to expecting both to be starters that could be trouble.

At linebacker it looked like mainly a look at the 3rd guys (although had Lattimore been healthy all camp he might have been higher up the depth chart).

At safety it was 2s and 3s (though they all have a shot at the roster) and at corner I think it was a mix (not sure how much if at all White played) but Seamster isn't making the team and chances are Butler won't either.

On offense it was 2s and 3s on the o-line. Chris Martin has no chance of making the team for example (presume he only survived the 1st cut down because it is a numbers game of guys needed to play last night but he has been terrible in every game). Velasco has played his way off too.

It was the guys battling for the #2 and #3 job at TE. I think we know with Gragg out we have a depth issue there.

Receiver it was what is left after Sammy, Woods and Goodwin. Salas and Powell will make the team the rest are gone.

Running back it was Wilder and Boom. They are outta here. Baby Gronk at full back made a late charge but still think he ends up PS.

Lol 31-0?

You are actually making judgments about the team based on a bunch of players who won't even be in the NFL this year? You're trying too hard to confirm your low expectations.

I never understood that saying. When people say latter i think of going up. So does that mean the 1st thing you said which would be at the top of the sentence? Or the end of the sentence?

Since you asked, it's commonly used like this: Bill can decide whether to watch the game live, or record it and watch it another day. If he chooses the former - he would watch it live. If he chooses the latter, he can watch his recording whenever he wants.

Former and latter refer to two scenarios or events that are laid out in a previous sentence. The former refers to the first thing, the latter refers to the last or later thing mentioned.

Oh, and for extra points in the bonus round... Some people would accept a bag of doughnuts for our backup QB. The Bills could trade him away except it would leave Cardale as #2.

You're welcome [/parttimegrammarpoliceman] :lol:

You could not pay me money to watch a 4th preseason game live.

Gotta hand it to the stalwart fans that did though. I will record the NFLN rebroadcast and skim through it a bit. At least I think that's what I'll do. But it sounds like it was a butt ugly game.

Lol 31-0?

Except for the fact that the guys who were playing aren't even the Bills depth, you're spot on. Think about it -- 22 of the guys who played for the Bills last night won't be on a roster in two days.

I'm very pleased that Rex treated this preseason the way Marv always treated the preseason. It's the right way to do it, in my opinion.

I only lasted into the 2nd Quarter before taking the view that the quality of that game was not worth a tired Friday at work for.

As for who was playing it was a mix of 2s and 3s. On the defensive line Worthy and Douzable will make the team and I wouldn't be worried about either of those mixing in with the likes of Kyle, Corbin, Adolphus and Dareus when back but if we get down to expecting both to be starters that could be trouble.

At linebacker it looked like mainly a look at the 3rd guys (although had Lattimore been healthy all camp he might have been higher up the depth chart).

At safety it was 2s and 3s (though they all have a shot at the roster) and at corner I think it was a mix (not sure how much if at all White played) but Seamster isn't making the team and chances are Butler won't either.

On offense it was 2s and 3s on the o-line. Chris Martin has no chance of making the team for example (presume he only survived the 1st cut down because it is a numbers game of guys needed to play last night but he has been terrible in every game). Velasco has played his way off too.

It was the guys battling for the #2 and #3 job at TE. I think we know with Gragg out we have a depth issue there.

Receiver it was what is left after Sammy, Woods and Goodwin. Salas and Powell will make the team the rest are gone.

Running back it was Wilder and Boom. They are outta here. Baby Gronk at full back made a late charge but still think he ends up PS.

I think we can shore up the TE depth A BIT by seeing what TE's from other teams get cut that they could pick up, and keeping Gronk & coaching him up in the mean time.

Except for the fact that the guys who were playing aren't even the Bills depth, you're spot on. Think about it -- 22 of the guys who played for the Bills last night won't be on a roster in two days.

I'm very pleased that Rex treated this preseason the way Marv always treated the preseason. It's the right way to do it, in my opinion.

Good to see Rex adopt this approach to the mostly meaningless 4th preseason game.

Cardale Looks very good... A couple bad throws... A few drops by inferior receivers.... Well placed shovel pass to Dan Herron who is NOT a pro football player, obviously... Tremendous strides in poise, and vision from week one.... Would be magic with the ones if it ever came to it...