Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

The guy was brought in to be a ST demon, but he looks like he can make a contribution for the defense. Given the injury situation he'd be a welcomed surprise.

Lorenzo Alexander Turns in Strong Pass Rush Performance

lorenzo-alexander-8-27-story.jpg

The Bills signed Lorenzo Alexander to be a leader on special teams, but with the injuries at outside backer, he is making his case to be a contributor on defense.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, hopefully Alexander makes the team. He could be one of the better pick ups this off season.

He was the 2012 NFC special teams Pro Bowl player when playing with the Redskins. He also seems to be a good leader and character guy, and he was nominated as the Walter Payton Man of the Year several times.

Let's hope he has a good year or two left at age 33 as the Bills could use a great special teams player, some linebacker depth, and another veteran leader with character.

Yes, hopefully Alexander makes the team. He could be one of the better pick ups this off season.

He was the 2012 NFC special teams Pro Bowl player when playing with the Redskins. He also seems to be a good leader and character guy, and he was nominated as the Walter Payton Man of the Year several times.

Let's hope he has a good year or two left at age 33 as the Bills could use a great special teams player, some linebacker depth, and another veteran leader with character.

Nice book report!😀

Kidding! The Bills made a few signing in the offseason to try and get better on ST's . The injury bug will force one or two of them onto the field during O and D time.

He's a lock. He's running with the 1's and has played well.

I didn't know that he was such a high character guy. That's a bonus, especially in a locker room that has had some issues.

Except he went low on the QB, which is a foul.

Yes. If he went low that would be a foul. In this case his helmet was at his waist and his arms wrapped around his thighs. Not a foul.

What D'Angelo Hall did was a foul.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He's a lock. He's running with the 1's and has played well.

I didn't know that he was such a high character guy. That's a bonus, especially in a locker room that has had some issues.

This piece is worth the read. Written by his former teammate, Ryan Riddle - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1480333-lorenzo-alexander-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-nfl

Nope. It was a horrible call, one that should earn the ref an official reprimand. Alexander grabbed him around his thigh and brought him down. Yes, an arm was lower, but this was not a low hit. Awful call.

Agreed

They grade officials after each game and they are going to take some heat for that missed call. They thought he was below the knees and he was at the thigh.

I don't think it matters where his helmet was. Taking a QB down by the legs is a no-no now.

But it's way cool when Spikes go low on their Rb a few plays later and the guy breaks his elbow?

Isn't it supposed to be below the knees is where the penalty should be called ? Which he was over ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

My observations;

On the first one called back, the defender started at/near the waist and sort of slid down as the QB reeled backward which in real time could give the appearance of having gone at or below the knees. I can sorta forgive the mistake, but it was ultimately a bad call nonetheless.

On the second call, I'm stumped. Looked fine in real time and from all angles on the replay.

edit: if it were a real game I'd be livid.

Edited by yall

First one was moronic. Alexander did nothing wrong, it was a safe height with safe technique. If it's a safety issue, maybe look at the tackle technique to assess penalties. Perfectly done.

Second one, I get it. I think they've ruled the QB as sacked and that Biermann could've pulled up. Because he didn't and also fell towards his head, the flag was thrown. I had no issue with that.