New Miami offense making opponents sick, literally

NoSaint

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a hurry up offense with their defense is a recipe for disaster...not to mention their o-line and issues in the running game. Also, Jordan Cameron is terrible so not having a reliable pass catching tight end is another knock on it.

They don't have the personnel for it.

Honestly, the stuff coming from Gase is either a huge smokescreen or he thinks because it works in practice against his potentially historically bad secondary that it will work in games against other teams.

a hurry up offense with their defense is a recipe for disaster...not to mention their o-line and issues in the running game. Also, Jordan Cameron is terrible so not having a reliable pass catching tight end is another knock on it.

They don't have the personnel for it.

Honestly, the stuff coming from Gase is either a huge smokescreen or he thinks because it works in practice against his potentially historically bad secondary that it will work in games against other teams.

Agreed.

Bring it on. It has potential to be an epic disaster.

Agreed.

Bring it on. It has potential to be an epic disaster.

While I basically agree, if they COULD move the chains some it would really suck in that heat! More likely they put their D back out quickly, but that heat could be a double whammy.

Didn't Marrone/Hackett try it with EJ his rookie year?

Another feather in the cap of those two geniuses. I still cannot fathom how they are not at the top of the food chain in coaching by now. A veritable mystery to this day for me.

But, let's not pretend like Bruce wasn't without his faults. The guy missed a playoff game with a "flu."

He didn't have a "flu." He had influenza. 103 degree fever, too weak to stand. To suggest that he was loafing or called off sick is ignorant.

kj

He didn't have a "flu." He had influenza. 103 degree fever, too weak to stand. To suggest that he was loafing or called off sick is ignorant.

kj

Very true. I do remember hearing though that he had not taken (would not take) the flu shot.

As for Mario, he apparently is putting in the same amount of effort so far this year as he did last year. Omar Kelly also wrote that he could not disengage.

I am sure that, if Mario does not play well for the Dolphins, the usual suspects will try to blame Rex . . . .

kj

I'll admit I was young during that game but I do remember a lot of folks questioning how sick he was or if it could be prevented.

Remember Fridgegate during Mario's first training camp and geniuses like Jerry Sullivan trying to run him out of town? This is the kind of stories you write during training camp and then look stupid once the season starts.

Hey, it would be great if Mario was washed up and Lawson turns into a star. But let's wait for the regular season to make judgments.

Nothing could make me happier than hearing that the Dolphins will try to run a hurry-up offense with Ryan Tannehill at the helm. What are the records for most INTs and most 3-and-outs in a season?

Well, we were 2nd worse in the NFL at 3 and outs last year, so we probably shouldn't throw stones.

I think some of you are sleeping on Gase. At first, I thought he just rode Peyton for a job. But he helped Tebow start NFL games and completely changed his offense. He made Culter not a completely awful d bag.

I'm not a big fan of Tannehill and think your ceiling is limited with him. But I do think Gase can make him into a decent NFL qb. We'll see though.

I'll admit I was young during that game but I do remember a lot of folks questioning how sick he was or if it could be prevented.

Remember Fridgegate during Mario's first training camp and geniuses like Jerry Sullivan trying to run him out of town? This is the kind of stories you write during training camp and then look stupid once the season starts.

Hey, it would be great if Mario was washed up and Lawson turns into a star. But let's wait for the regular season to make judgments.

He has lost a step. Believe it or not. He also doesn't care. We shall see how he performs, of course, but I feel confident about my prediction that he's going to be a net minus for them. He'll be playing against LTs, btw.

Also, re: Bruce, I'm a little surprised at your lack of knowledge about that! He was close to death's door by all reports (not that he was going to die, but it's worth noting that flu kills tens of thousands of people every year in the US). It was a bad flu that year ( https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss4903a2.htm). Not sure if you've ever had the real flu -- i.e., influenza and not a bad cold -- but no one, and I mean no one, can play an NFL playoff game with one. Influenza is horrible. The controversy was that he didn't take his flu shot at the beginning of the year. That's the only way he could have prevented it.

Edited by dave mcbride

Except he did fall flat when the season started. It took him about half the season to get going.