Potential GM's for 2017

Yeezus

Theo Epstein. All day everyday. His stock will be at an all time high after the Sox and Cubs meet in the WS.

Come on get with the times Theo, the NFL is king.

Nobody is dumb enough to bring a baseball guy in to run a football team.......oh wait!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not until mid November

Wait, what?

You don't think our first two picks should have made an impact this season?

You don't think the rushing TD's that Karlos put up were big?

As many have quickly pointed out

We dont miss Lawson and Ragland's production because they are rookies and we dont know what they would have contributed

and

You dont think some of these rbs from a deep pool will not generate those TD?

I'm a Whaley fan, and just like coaches, before you fire someone, you better have someone better in mind. Every draft pick and free agency pick up is not going to be a hit. It's a percentage thing where you hit more than you miss. He has a winning track record overall in personnel decisions.

Rex on the other hand needs to deliver. No more undisciplined highest amt of penalties team,mane disorganized defense. If he produces, great amd happy to hear his bloviating, but only if he produces. They will both get most likely 3 years unless this year is a dumpster fire.

Historically GM's usually survive at least two if not three coach hiring's before they figure out the GM may actually be the problem here.

Whaley has sort of hired two coaches, however one of them quit which is kind of an unprecedented move in the NFL so nothing to really gauge that against, and the second one if the rumors are true was more Pegula's choice than Whaley. Supposedly Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. So maybe I'd give Whaley a total of one coach hiring for him at this point.

Assuming this year is a complete disaster, if anything I could see at year end Pegula fires Rex and tells Whaley, OK, you choose the next coach and I won't get involved this time other than to talk to the guy before we sign the contract, but you pick him (or her).

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I am writing this post just to post something. I hope this stirs up the board.

I am responding to this post just to respond to something in the hopes it furthers a stimulating exchange of intellectual viewpoints.