Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

Why didn't the Bills let Karlos go to rehab and then stand "fully behind" him until he got back?

Because Dareus is the best DL on the team, and top 10 in the NFL. Karlos? He was gaining his weight back and not even top 3 on the team. I bet it would have been different if he was a pro-bowl player.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same as any other team. If your a star player, multiple infractions are not acceptable. If you have "potential" or at a position of depth, your expendable. Still, at least play him against the Giants.

NFL players never win or lose their jobs during preseason games. Daily production (practice and work ethic) are probably 1,000 times more valuable when evaluating talent. If he didn't deserve a spot on the roster, he can't be allowed to masquerade on the sideline agaimst the Giants.

If he was not another concussion waiting to happen and was dedicated to his profession I'd be really upset.

Of course, if that were the case he would have been a second round pick instead of a fifth.

As it is I won't be losing any sleep. JWill is gonna be a better all round back.

I mean look at him:

https://instagram.com/p/BJVxtPcADzy/

His draft picks are extremely unimpressive to date. Karlos was one of the 3 that looked good at the end of last season, and now he's gone. Maybe Kujo at LT can do something, maybe not. Maybe Washington and Seymour may surprise, maybe not.

As for the other major talent on the team, I give credit to Nix (with maybe some influence at the time from DW) and Rex (TT and Richie). DW gets credit for Shady and Clay though it's yet to be determined if they are worth all that jack.... and he gets credit for Sammy, Darby, and Hughes. Corey Graham was a nice pick-up for him as well. All-in-all, not too much for DW to hang his hat on.

Do we have to do this in EVERY THREAD

Because Dareus is the best DL on the team, and top 10 in the NFL. Karlos? He was gaining his weight back and not even top 3 on the team. I bet it would have been different if he was a pro-bowl player.

I wasn't asking why Dareus was being coddled again, I was asking why Karlos was getting the bum's rush all of a sudden.

But he was that expendable? Then why not cut him when the suspension was announced?

The Nix/Whaley debate never gets old dude. Never.

Actually, I have never debated Nix vs. Whaley. I think they both were/are poor GMs. I don't even remember slamming Nix on here cause it was obvious he wasn't any good and didn't have too many fans. The inane DW love going around is another story. Edited by Rico

Actually, I have never debated Nix vs. Whaley. I think they both were/are poor GMs. I don't even remember slamming Nix on here cause it was obvious he wasn't any good and didn't have too many fans. The inane DW love going around is another story.

Maybe start 10 new threads about it - it has never been discussed.

Anyway - back to the topic - also gotta respect this move for what is says to a guy like Gillislee, who shows up and works his tail off every day. You gotta reward those guys and penalize knuckleheads like Karol's, who think everything should be handed to them without effort.

I wasn't asking why Dareus was being coddled again, I was asking why Karlos was getting the bum's rush all of a sudden.

But he was that expendable? Then why not cut him when the suspension was announced?

Coddled yet again? LOL!

As for Karlos, they gave him a chance to redeem himself. Apparently he wasn't trying hard enough.

Correct. Wilder also.

This timing means it cannot just be performance, surely? Otherwise it is dumb.

Must be true we are known for being garbage pickers...not much leaves buffalo after being cut while this young and low of a cap hit without being known they aren't recyclable..

Maybe start 10 new threads about it - it has never been discussed.

Anyway - back to the topic - also gotta respect this move for what is says to a guy like Gillislee, who shows up and works his tail off every day. You gotta reward those guys and penalize knuckleheads like Karol's, who think everything should be handed to them without effort.

If the difference in skill is enough that they are better without effort, so be it.

If due to poor conduct, poor self care, and injury history they are either not as good or too unreliable- then make the move.

To me the timing is perfectly done. It shows me they didn't make an emotional decision because they didn't do it right away. They gave him an opportunity to redeem himself - he didn't - so they didn't want to dedicate pre-season reps to a player who didn't earn them. Nicely done Bills!

Coddled yet again? LOL!

As for Karlos, they gave him a chance to redeem himself. Apparently he wasn't trying hard enough.

Yes, coddling.

June 2014, after his arrest on drug charges:

“We are, obviously, disappointed with this latest development involving Marcell Dareus. We will be in contact with the league regarding the situation and continue to offer support and assistance to Marcell.”

​June 2014: after second arrest in a month for drag racing:

"I'll just have a little sit-down with him when we leave, so everybody's on the same page," Whaley told The Associated Press. "The thing right now is he's back focused straight on football. It's great that he's back. And I think he thrives in a situation like this where it's all football."

July 2014 after Dareus shows up to camp out of shape and overweight:

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl DT Marcell Dareus Fails Conditioning Test At Bills Training Camp by The Associated Press on Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:48AM2,288 S “His mindset’s better once he’s here,” Whaley said, referring to the practice field. “And I think we’ll find out with his actions. And I think he’s ready to disprove all this stuff that he’s a bad seed.”

Ans from Kyle Williams, 2 years ago:

"I'm hoping that this is kind of a watershed moment for him, because he's at a pivotal point," Williams said after Dareus reported for the start of the Bills' three-day mandatory minicamp. "Hopefully, it's to a point where it's kind of an epiphany, and he comes alive and turns the corner and does his best"

"I think he's heard (advice) from a lot of different levels, whether it be from his teammates or coaches, and I'm sure the front office," Williams said. "So if you can't get it from those three levels, maybe you're not going to get it."

Edited by Mr. WEO

Yes, coddling.

June 2014, after his arrest on drug charges:

“We are, obviously, disappointed with this latest development involving Marcell Dareus. We will be in contact with the league regarding the situation and continue to offer support and assistance to Marcell.”

​June 2014: after second arrest in a month for drag racing:

"I'll just have a little sit-down with him when we leave, so everybody's on the same page," Whaley told The Associated Press. "The thing right now is he's back focused straight on football. It's great that he's back. And I think he thrives in a situation like this where it's all football."

July 2014 after Dareus shows up to camp out of shape and overweight:

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl DT Marcell Dareus Fails Conditioning Test At Bills Training Camp by The Associated Press on Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:48AM2,288 S “His mindset’s better once he’s here,” Whaley said, referring to the practice field. “And I think we’ll find out with his actions. And I think he’s ready to disprove all this stuff that he’s a bad seed.”

Ans from Kyle Williams, 2 years ago:

"I'm hoping that this is kind of a watershed moment for him, because he's at a pivotal point," Williams said after Dareus reported for the start of the Bills' three-day mandatory minicamp. "Hopefully, it's to a point where it's kind of an epiphany, and he comes alive and turns the corner and does his best"

"I think he's heard (advice) from a lot of different levels, whether it be from his teammates or coaches, and I'm sure the front office," Williams said. "So if you can't get it from those three levels, maybe you're not going to get it."

How is that coddling him?

How is that coddling him?

They have been indulgent (coddling) of this same exact behavior in the past. Two years ago it was going to be a "watershed moment" that will or will not "disprove he's a bad seed". The next time he is suspended 2 years from now, they will again say the exact same thing.

Same story 2 years later and all that gets tossed out the window and they reset with the same comments. Meanwhile, Karlos shows up out of shape and facing a suspension and he's strung along for a while and then fired hours before a game.