Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing he's done today was spectacular on his part -- but he has been productive

i will argue one exception to this.

he has been healthy and allowed a relationship with Tom Brady to develop through practice reps

watkisn has been booboo foot and missed time and snaps not being 100%

one can argue that hogan would likely add more to the patriots than watkins. and i believe one could do so effectively.

nah

really?

i'm not saying hogan is more talented, by any means

but i am saying that Hogan is more apt to produce for the patriots simply because he's available every snap. if hogan went down they'd go from having their #3 target to #4 which is a big jump.

edleman is being beat by hogan week in and week otu and anyone watchign the games can see hogan is now more or less the #2 on the taem. gronk is out so hogan has become the #1 target the last 4-5 weeks as brady and hogan got more familiar with each other in a george michael kind of way.

watkisn would be hurt or banged up.

:blink: Do you have to be Tom Brady to get a completion in this league???

Why even watch other games if that's the case?

Do you not understand what Tom Brady adds to an offense? How good he is pre and post snap?

This isn't difficult. If you think Hogan on the Bills with opportunity AND Tyrod Taylor at QB AND having a run first offense (which he had 38 catches this year and had just about the same his both years in Buffalo) is equal to Hogan on the Patriots, I can't help you.

Let me throw this back at you. BB is the best coach (and probably the best personnel guy) ever, and he targeted him, what does that tell you? Think about it that way.

His results are QB and scheme based. Not saying he can't do things well but his TDs thus far were results of play calls not Hogan beating his man or making a great move or catch.

Let me throw this back at you. BB is the best coach (and probably the best personnel guy) ever, and he targeted him, what does that tell you? Think about it that way.

I don't know that he's the best personnel guy ever. He has targeted plenty of flops and been up and down in the draft.

Nothing.

He didn't ask him to go make a play. Hell he didn't even ask him to beat multiple defenders. He asked him to run a simple route. On both TDs. It was designed to get him open.

What does that tell me? They don't think Hogan can get open by himself but they can come up with some interesting concepts to get him open.

EDIT: and on the first TD it wasn't that he asked Hogan to be "the guy", he made Cockrell make a decision on Hogan or Edelman. Cockrell chose the better receiver thinking he had safety help.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

So, BB is racist?

Do you not understand what Tom Brady adds to an offense? How good he is pre and post snap?

This isn't difficult. If you think Hogan on the Bills with opportunity AND Tyrod Taylor at QB AND having a run first offense (which he had 38 catches this year and had just about the same his both years in Buffalo) is equal to Hogan on the Patriots, I can't help you.

OMG, So Tom Brady is some magical frickin' Warlock, who's pre-snap spells confuse opponents into leaving guys wide open?

You're right about it not being hard.... It's as simple as us stinking at things they're good at!