Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?! Why don't other teams just study the film and use the same plays / schemes?

I've wondered that myself. They say it's a copycat league, right? Of course, it helps getting all the calls and never getting called for offensive holding etc until you have a big lead. Then a few flags come out to " even it up" . Never seen anything like it as their dubs were grabbing and clutching all night again.

2 drops and 3 bobbles, at least he hung on to all 3 bobbles in his stats, but he had a great night. I can't understand how he is wide open all the time, but he does it.

Saw a lot of blown coverages out there tonight on the balls he caught . Safety coverage and he bit on the run action etc

I wish I could remember who it was on this site with whom I made the bet at the beginning of the season, that by the end of the season, Hogan would have surpassed two out of the four of the Pats*: Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Bennet. My point at the time was that Hogan was a perfect fit in NE*. Well, he passed Amendola on the depth chart almost immediately. Certainly, I won't count Gronk, being on IR. But, tonight, in the conference championship game, Hogan was the Pats* #1 receiver. Most targets, most receptions, most yards. Regardless of how one feels about him personally (looking at you, Kirby), we should lay to rest the notion that he is a JAG.

What should be laid to rest is the notion that the Bills record would be one bit different with Hogan vs without him. He can play in the league. So what? Bills fans are such idiots sometimes. As if this team would be within sniffing distance of the Super Bowl with Chris Hogan. Ridiculous.

The only thing to marvel at is they got extraordinarily lucky on a sixth round flyer draft pick QB . That's it. Everything else is a media ballwashing myth. That and the fact that the QB hasn't suffered a career ending or threatening injury so they've rode it for 15 plus seasons. Has zero to do with managing the cap constraints blah blah blah. It's about their QB and it will end when he's gone.

The Colts had Peyton and the Packers had Favre and Rogers. All HOF qbs. None of those organizations with those great qbs were able to come close to accomplishing what the Pats accomplished. Without a doubt Brady is a primary reason for the sustained success of the Pats. However, you may not believe it. but I do, that the Pats are not only the best run organization in the game but also the most innovative in the way in which they run their organization.

He's good enough to get open and catch the ball... NE can exploit that... Why couldn't we?

It's always tempting to blame the QB. But honestly, judging by the consistency of which they don't do it, I don't think the Bills' play book has included "throw it to an open receiver" since 1997.

The bottom line here is patsies "overspend" for the JAG chris hogan who set patriots playoff WR records- For a team that's been there a lot.

He's as much a victim of racial stereotypes as any player in the league...

Absolutely just as the White RBs are. Prejudice is not only against minorities although for white WRs and RBs it is position minority.

The only thing to marvel at is they got extraordinarily lucky on a sixth round flyer draft pick QB . That's it. Everything else is a media ballwashing myth. That and the fact that the QB hasn't suffered a career ending or threatening injury so they've rode it for 15 plus seasons. Has zero to do with managing the cap constraints blah blah blah. It's about their QB and it will end when he's gone.

They were 3-1 at the start of this season with 3rd string QBs....Just Saying!

It's always tempting to blame the QB. But honestly, judging by the consistency of which they don't do it, I don't think the Bills' play book has included "throw it to an open receiver" since 1997.

Maybe the receivers aren't taught properly how to wave their arms adequately enough?

Edited by JohnC

The Colts had Peyton and the Packers had Favre and Rogers. All HOF qbs. None of those organizations with those great qbs were able to come close to accomplishing what the Pats accomplished. Without a doubt Brady is a primary reason for the sustained success of the Pats. However, you may not believe it. but I do, that the Pats are not only the best run organization in the game but also the most innovative in the way in which they run their organization.

They could run the organization the same exact way with different players and not win nearly as much ( this will happen when Brady is gone) . Would they still be though of as " innovative " or just cheap? They win because of the guy playing QB and Officials that never call them for the penalties they commit on nearly every play while the game is in doubt . Once they have the lead the flags come out to even it up. It's a pattern never seen before with any franchise. That in itself is innovative . But what is so innovative about the way they run the team? That they get rid of players that still have something left? They can do that because of the QB. Yes, there is a fear there of losing your job, and all teams should probably be run that way. You'd get more production out of players if they actually thought they might lose their job. But it may only work because of the QB and the winning. They put up with it. Try that with a losing or mediocre team and you'll be persona non grata as far as FA s etc go.

I've wondered that myself. They say it's a copycat league, right? Of course, it helps getting all the calls and never getting called for offensive holding etc until you have a big lead. Then a few flags come out to " even it up" . Never seen anything like it as their dubs were grabbing and clutching all night again.

it is not the schemes - it is their spy. He sometimes passes along bad intel but is usually right.

They were 3-1 at the start of this season with 3rd string QBs....Just Saying!

You mean with the backup ? Yeah, he's selected because of the skill set you need to run that offense. It emphasizes reading defenses and making quick passes over mobility and arm strength . Brissett went 1-1. Garrappolo 2-0. You'd hope your backup could get you a few wins. What does it prove? Too small a sample size . Who cares ? They are in the Bills division and I can't wait for Brady to be gone.as should all Bills fans. Don't know why a Bills fan would root for an ex Bill on that team. I never will.

It's amazing when you actually have a QB that is throwing to you how good of a receiver you are. Hogan looks like an all pro with Marsha zipping it to him.

The Steelers DBs following everyone else around and leaving Hogan completely uncovered had something to do with it.

Mini flares emitted from the helmet couldn't hurt. Who doesn't love some fireworks?

I personally favor those safety-orange flags attached to long whippy fiberglass poles, you know the ones that stick up from the side of the road about 5' to mark the edges for the snowplows.

Well, like him or not, one thing's for sure. He had a great performance in a very big game, can't take that away from him. And two weeks from now, he has an opportunity to go down in the history books. Gotta begrudgingly give him much respect.

You mean with the backup ? Yeah, he's selected because of the skill set you need to run that offense. It emphasizes reading defenses and making quick passes over mobility and arm strength . Brissett went 1-1. Garrappolo 2-0. You'd hope your backup could get you a few wins. What does it prove? Too small a sample size . Who cares ? They are in the Bills division and I can't wait for Brady to be gone.as should all Bills fans. Don't know why a Bills fan would root for an ex Bill on that team. I never will. CHEATING!!!

The Steelers DBs following everyone else around and leaving Hogan completely uncovered had something to do with it.

I personally favor those safety-orange flags attached to long whippy fiberglass poles, you know the ones that stick up from the side of the road about 5' to mark the edges for the snowplows.

Lol ... C'mon man. Don't you know, the Bills would be going to the SuperBowl right now if they had just kept Chris Hogan. He's the meal ticket, the secret sauce. I read it here on TSW, must be true lol

They could run the organization the same exact way with different players and not win nearly as much ( this will happen when Brady is gone) . Would they still be though of as " innovative " or just cheap? They win because of the guy playing QB and Officials that never call them for the penalties they commit on nearly every play while the game is in doubt . Once they have the lead the flags come out to even it up. It's a pattern never seen before with any franchise. That in itself is innovative . But what is so innovative about the way they run the team? That they get rid of players that still have something left? They can do that because of the QB. Yes, there is a fear there of losing your job, and all teams should probably be run that way. You'd get more production out of players if they actually thought they might lose their job. But it may only work because of the QB and the winning. They put up with it. Try that with a losing or mediocre team and you'll be persona non grata as far as FA s etc go.

Was the X-Files your favorite TV show and movie?

If Sammy can learn to live with the balance isssues, I'm all in!