What Were You Doing?

Thirty years ago today that the Bills signed Jim Kelly?

For me, I was up at Cape Vincent visiting my folks. When I learned that we finally got this guy signed to a contract, that things

were about to change for the better for the Bills. For me,there was a sense of relief and excitement.

That's just a bit from me, Anybody else care to chip in?

I was 2 and when our family friends from Buffalo visited England in the early 90s they brought with them a huge Jim Kelly poster. I had no idea who he was or what American Football was beyond a game where big blokes ran around in silly helmets. All the posters on my walls were soccer players. The poster stayed rolled up in my wardrobe for probably the best part of 10 years. I took it to University with me and had it up in my room there but I am sorry to say I don't know what happened to it after that.

Sometimes I wonder if we had the internet and things like gamepass back then in the early 90s whether 8 or 9 year old me would have tried to find out more about who the bloke on the poster in the wardrobe was. Maybe I'd have been able to see him play.

God this post is making me hope more than ever that Tyrod is the guy.

Edited by GunnerBill

I celebrated my 14th summer that year by partying every night with "the butcher" , a semi celebrity of sorts, as a Bisons and Sabres employee who I used to get hockey sticks from as a kid. We got !@#$ed up and smashed a glass table the day Kelly signed and I ended my summer getting kicked out of my house for having girls there overnight. Great summer!