Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

Another nail in Whaley's coffin...

https://twitter.com/tydunne/status/765896075269935105

I don't know about another nail, but this is not a good look for him leading into a season in which they need to win to acquit themselves of some decisions they've made in the last 2 years--namely Rex and Shaq.

On the plus side for him, that Tyrod contract is a thing of beauty...so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably was on the table in negotiations. Whaley and co bought that Marcel had changed. A mistake, but not egregious, IMO.

If this is true it is some of the most egregious contract language ever to concede to a player.

But should be of no surprise to anyone when Ralph's puppets (Brandon, Whaley and Overdorf) still run the show at One Bills Drive.

I don't know about another nail, but this is not a good look for him leading into a season in which they need to win to acquit themselves of some decisions they've made in the last 2 years--namely Rex and Shaq.

On the plus side for him, that Tyrod contract is a thing of beauty...so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Jim Overdorf should have made sure to protect the Bills with Dareus and his agent given the history. Dareus was bitching before the deal was done about not being wanted and he repays them with this BS. It reflects poorly on all parties involved.

@Bulldogwgr

@JeremyWGR @TyDunne This is weaker than giving Marrone a $4 million walk out option. I'd love to know how common it is w similar situations.

@TyDunne

Tyler Dunne Retweeted Christopher Parker

Post-Marrone you'd expect (a lot) more attention to detail. Let alone making Dareus richest athlete in Buff history.

Jim Overdorf should have made sure to protect the Bills with Dareus and his agent given the history. Dareus was bitching before the deal was done about not being wanted and he repays them with this BS. It reflects poorly on all parties involved.

@Bulldogwgr

@JeremyWGR @TyDunne This is weaker than giving Marrone a $4 million walk out option. I'd love to know how common it is w similar situations.

@TyDunne

Tyler Dunne Retweeted Christopher Parker

Post-Marrone you'd expect (a lot) more attention to detail. Let alone making Dareus richest athlete in Buff history.

I blame Rex

I blame Rex

Yeah.

Rex drafted him.

Rex was well aware of his off field issues and re-signed him to a 100 million dollar contract anyways.

Rex was well aware of his off field issues and demanded a stipulation in his contract that allows him to receive future guaranteed money if he is suspended.

It is all Rex's fault.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I'm sure the details of the guaranteed money was not overlooked. MD's agents consciously advocated for that language, and perhaps were willing to take less money to have it purely guaranteed. The Bills bought it hook, line and sinker.

I am still and advocate of a trade. If there is a trade, I think the new team would carry the cap hit on the amortized guaranteed money- not 100% on that??? Does anyone know the answer?

Either way, he has to go. He will be getting a 10 game suspension in the future when he fails again, he obviously cannot control himself. Sad really.

Either way, he has to go. He will be getting a 10 game suspension in the future when he fails again, he obviously cannot control himself. Sad really.

It must be really nice to be able to predict the future. Can I get this week's Powerball numbers?

I'm sure the details of the guaranteed money was not overlooked. MD's agents consciously advocated for that language, and perhaps were willing to take less money to have it purely guaranteed. The Bills bought it hook, line and sinker.

Less money? How could he have possibly been given more money than he got? He's not an elite franchise quarterback.

Hell, many don't even consider him to be a Top 10 defensive lineman.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

#10 defensive tackle. Sad, considering what we're paying him.

http://athlonsports.com/nfl/2016-nfl-player-rankings-defensive-linemen

I get being upset with Dareus, but let's not go crazy. Saying "many people" don't consider him even a top 10 DL in the league is absurd. He's a season removed from being 1st team all pro, he's a 2x pro bowler and he's the best defensive player on the Bills roster. He's clearly in the top 10 of DL in the NFL and considered so by the overwhelming majority of people who know what they're talking about.

There may be "some" who feel he's not a top 10 DL, but that's certainly an extreme take and not tethered to reality.