Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I feel that the NFL still drug testing and suspending people for weed is stupid (Considering that Weed is legal in 4 states and will be in many more in the upcoming years) I don't feel bad for the players who do get suspended, If Aaron Hernandez never got caught then it isn't that hard to beat the drug testing. Tough blow to a defense that has suffered a lot of them in the off-season. Not season ending catastrophic but another bitter pill to swallow.

Can someone change the title of this thread? This is a pretty big deal and the title is really vague. I know the rumor from a few days back was substantiated, but it might now make sense to put ; suspended by league 4 games for indulging in reefer madness.

You think that someone who visits this site would have difficulty with the subject?

And then week 5 happens and we laugh at you and Jerry some more.

Broncos shoulda cut Von Miller, Jets shoulda cut Sheldon Richardson, Browns should cut Gordon.

Blah blah blah.

Edited by Beerball
See above

The sad reality (IMO) is that regardless of marijuana's legal status, players like Dareus will typically end up shooting themselves in the foot because they lack something between the ears.

Arguing over the legality of marijuana in the US is a pointless venture in this thread because the issue at heart for MD and NFL players in general isn't about a drug's legality, it's about the intellectual wherewithal (or lack thereof) of certain players in the league to stay out of trouble.

The perfect example in my opinion Adderall. Adderall is perfectly legal in this country and can be taken by NFL players if they have a legitimate medical need; yet how many players have gotten suspended over the years because they said screw it, I'm taking it regardless of approval. Dozens and dozens of players have gotten suspended.

There are dozens of other lesser known drugs that are perfectly legal to be in possession of (with a legitimate prescription), but are still banned (or you still need to at least obtain prior clearance by the NFL) by the NFL for possible performance enhancing effects.

Alcohol is perfectly legal too. Yet how many DWI/DUI's are players arrested for every year?

The list goes on and on. In short, players like Dareus have every single tool imaginable at their disposal to succeed yet they can't get out of their own way because they're mentally weak and quite frankly, pretty dumb. Unfortunately for Dareus, no legislation on this planet can help him in that regard.

@ChrisBrownBills

Tyrod - on Marcell - As teammates we've got to support him and lift him up. We'll have to pick up slack in his absence the 1st 4 wks. #Bills

That's what you expect for public consumption. I hope as the team leader in the locker room, Tyrod calls Dareus out and puts the rest of the team on notice that selfish behavior won't be tolerated.

yes, but they put themselves in the program to begin with by failing tests. He's already violated it three times to be hit with 4 games for missing a test. The first 3 violations are non-suspensions with the new policy. And if he's supposed to notify the league if he's going somewhere in case he's summoned for a test, and doesn't, that's his fault. If I'm one missed test away from a 4 game suspension and I don't take every precaution to ensure it doesn't happen, that's absurd.

How could he have just found out about it on Saturday?

So you're saying you don't watch the channel that is now employing Ozzy Osbourne?

Depends on what the programming is. That show in particular......Nope! I watch much more American Heroes Channel programming now since History Channel is more entertainment oriented.

Exactly!

I hate to give credence to Graham, but, this is the Bills and Marcel playing games with words.

it is obviously semantics. Marcel found out Saturday. Player always informed first. The team was notified by the NFL (officially) at a later time, maybe Monday or Tuesday. He's clearly been in the substance abuse program, had multiple violations, and missed a weed test. All things that led to the suspension. That is what TG meant when he said Rex knew about this when he said they won the offseason.

Rex said the report that he knew about the suspension months ago was false. That's true too since he learned of the suspension this week. It's all stupid.

Edited by YoloinOhio