Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

I read yesterday that Tim Graham reported that Darius did not check into rehab facility. Rather he stayed local and received counseling. Is this being reported anywhere else?

no just him but not surprising. Had been reported awhile back he already had an established relationship with a local counselor and I think it was speculated that the rehab may be outpatient and not necessary for weed but rather depression and/or therapy for coping skills.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read yesterday that Tim Graham reported that Darius did not check into rehab facility. Rather he stayed local and received counseling. Is this being reported anywhere else?

If it is for weed/depression i think in-patient rehab would be a bit much. He doesn't need round the clock care, doesnt seem to be a suicide risk, doesn't need detox - etc.

Somehow I saw a tweet from Karlos's fiancée. Someone RTd it. She slammed Marcel's "rehab" yesterday and claimed Karlos as a scape goat. Sure sounded like Karlos refused any type of rehab. But I don't think that's the only reason he was cut either and she's just standing by her man so to speak.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Somehow I saw a tweet from Karlos's fiancée. Someone RTd it. She slammed Marcel's "rehab" yesterday and claimed Karlos as a scape goat. Sure sounded like Karlos refused any type of rehab. But I don't think that's the only reason he was cut either and she's just standing by her man so to speak.

Karlos doesn't want to play football anymore.

I've been saying that with the timing, KW must have also been told to go to rehab, but refused. His mistake.

And I've been hearing depression for Marcell. No surprise.

If it is for weed/depression i think in-patient rehab would be a bit much. He doesn't need round the clock care, doesnt seem to be a suicide risk, doesn't need detox - etc.

So the photo of him out the night before starting rehab meant nothing, because he wasn't checking in anywhere.

Rehab treatment was for depression. This young man has had an awful amount of tragedy in his life already.

Karlos is mad & obviously his babies momma is too. Prolly a good idea to start training for next year if he ever wants to play in the NFL again.

Edited by r00tabaga

Rehab treatment was for depression. This young man has had an awful amount of tragedy in his life already.

Karlos is mad & obviously his babies momma is too. Prolly a good idea to start training for next year if he ever wants to play in the NFL again.

Depression has already been discussed on this forum. There is no claim of that, just the weed. Not sure where you guys get that

Depression has already been discussed on this forum. There is no claim of that, just the weed. Not sure where you guys get that

i believe it was mentioned in a feature story done about Marcel, pre-suspension, that he was already working with someone locally on some issues.

I don't actually think we are or should be privy to know these things but can only speculate. I think his "rehab" is outpatient therapy on coping with issues (including depression) in ways that do not include drugs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i believe it was mentioned in a feature story done about Marcel, pre-suspension, that he was already working with someone locally on some issues.

I can't think of any athlete ever in Buffalo with as good a gig has him. Signed to one of the biggest NFL contracts, expected to be a cornerstone of the franchise, have so many issues, and get a free ride from everyone for forever. OK flame away....................

I can't think of any athlete ever in Buffalo with as good a gig has him. Signed to one of the biggest NFL contracts, expected to be a cornerstone of the franchise, have so many issues, and get a free ride from everyone for forever. OK flame away....................

I still feel bad for him. I've never met him but my friend at St. John Fisher has and said he is one of the most down to earth, humble players he ever met. And he runs into a LOT. Really cool guy with a TON of demons.

Karlos needs to get rid of her Fiancee's twitter account! Not going to help him sign with another team.

to be fair, i dont think its unlikely that they met with both guys that day and encouraged them both and MD said sure thing, and KW said screw that

obviously MD wouldnt be cut either way but with KW being a head case and PERHAPS turning down help the team likewise said screw this.

to be fair, i dont think its unlikely that they met with both guys that day and encouraged them both and MD said sure thing, and KW said screw that

obviously MD wouldnt be cut either way but with KW being a head case and PERHAPS turning down help the team likewise said screw this.

i don't doubt that either. Just think Karlos has more issues than just drugs. And team didn't think he was worth dealing with.

I've been saying that with the timing, KW must have also been told to go to rehab, but refused. His mistake.

And I've been hearing depression for Marcell. No surprise.

So Marcel was not told to go to rehab (he's not in rehab) but Karlos was?

i don't doubt that either. Just think Karlos has more issues than just drugs. And team didn't think he was worth dealing with.

they both clearly have more issues than just weed. their failed tests are a symptom of their issues not the cause.

Marcell has a 100m contract, and seemingly a little more motivation though, while KW is expendable and unable to play in his current condition.

So Marcel was not told to go to rehab (he's not in rehab) but Karlos was?

at this point, i think you get that they are generally saying both were told "you need to get help" and KW declined and was cut.

Clearly we dont know its fact, but it would generally make sense to have a similar discussion to whats being discussed here before just axing him.

no just him but not surprising. Had been reported awhile back he already had an established relationship with a local counselor and I think it was speculated that the rehab may be outpatient and not necessary for weed but rather depression and/or therapy for coping skills.

Not according to Dareus:

"After careful consideration of recent events within my life, I have made the decision to enter a rehabilitation facility," Dareus said in a statement released by the Bills.

So that was BS?