Who helped and hurt their case tonight?

Big C

Walt Powell helped himself a great deal yesterday. Very smart special teams play, and the guy just continues to make plays on offense like he has done all of camp thus far. I think he makes the team.

He deserves snaps over hands-free Hank.

Play him 3 quarters in each of the next 3 games and see what he's got.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to TC twice and now watched one game, and they guy is just always making plays. I know we have guys like this every year that don't pan out. I'm rooting for this kid though.

I've never said he was.

He's not better than Woods. Sorry. That's another terrible BADOL hot take.

When you quote me......at least try not to be a complete troll......put what I said in quotes as I do with you.

That's the teenage girl game you and Ryan L try to play here where you pretend I said something I did not.

I never said Goodwin was better than Woods...........I said he is more talented.

Woods is FAR more polished.....he came in very experienced in a pro style offense and has 3 years and a ton of snaps under his belt.

But he's been a singles hitter to now. Hopefully he can get some doubles and maybe a HR or two in his walk year.

That was unusual for Goodwin; he's normally able to get around on the ball and track it relatively well.

That throw from Tyrod was money though--right to the outside shoulder

The biggest problem with Goodwin on the deep ball is that he is a small target........but yeah he is usually aware and tracks the ball well.

He just operates at a different speed than most players.

I'm not sure any WR in the NFL accelerates to the ball in the air like Sammy Watkins but Tyrod definitely put that ball in a very safe/catchable spot for Goodwin.

I've seen people try to downplay the need for deep speed outside recently but this is not a WCO........this offense plays the long version of pitch and catch and that is complemented by the running game so IMO it is REALLY important to have 2 HR threats on the outside.

When you quote me......at least try not to be a complete troll......put what I said in quotes as I do with you.

That's the teenage girl game you and Ryan L try to play here where you pretend I said something I did not.

I never said Goodwin was better than Woods...........I said he is more talented.

Woods is FAR more polished.....he came in very experienced in a pro style offense and has 3 years and a ton of snaps under his belt.

But he's been a singles hitter to now. Hopefully he can get some doubles and maybe a HR or two in his walk year.

The biggest problem with Goodwin on the deep ball is that he is a small target........but yeah he is usually aware and tracks the ball well.

He just operates at a different speed than most players.

I'm not sure any WR in the NFL accelerates to the ball in the air like Sammy Watkins but Tyrod definitely put that ball in a very safe/catchable spot for Goodwin.

I've seen people try to downplay the need for deep speed outside recently but this is not a WCO........this offense plays the long version of pitch and catch and that is complemented by the running game so IMO it is REALLY important to have 2 HR threats on the outside.

Awww Badol. You've found something else to be mad about.

Why so serious????

Eeeee.... I gotta differ on this one... I mean, just from a 'body of work' standpoint, there just ain't no way... Goodwin thought he was a track-star too, and how'd that work out?... At best, he could be considered a mid-range potential... That's IF he stays healthy... If he doesn't, he's completely out of the sport in two years... Unless the Argos, or Alouettes need a guy.

Woods beats him hands down when it comes to production... In Goodwins case, that extends to talent by default.

Edited by #34fan

I did quote you. You don't quote me, you make stuff up and pretend it's reality. Like the way you pretend to know what motivates people or what they're thinking. You like to mix one or two good takes in with an absurd troll job and then feign ignorance or change the subject when you get called out on it.

You're whole game is old and tired.

But I'll quote your stupid hot take again if it makes you feel better:

He's been a turd to this point in his career but he is the second most talented of the Bills WR.......he has a lot more than just speed.

Yeah, that's what I commented on, and it's absurd. Woods is better than Goodwin. Sorry, that's a ridiculous take.

He was good but he flashed a couple really nice plays. Powell, Seymour and Kujo were pretty steady.

Also. Love Jones arm, its definitely an NFL calibur arm

:beer:

Agreed on Hankerson. I don't need to see anymore from him. He played himself off of the team on Saturday night, IMO. I like Powell and want to see if he can keep it up. He's a dark horse and it's easy to pull for him. Jonathan Williams impressed, as well.

Even if he has a couple insights his overall competence as an analyst is just pitiful. He's incredibly bad and I want to like him so much. He's so wrong so many times so often that yes, perhaps an insight or two gets lost in the abyss. But he's embarrassingly bad.

Taker might be the worst analyst ever. No question.......he makes tons of mistakes on the fly. But I got over that like 10 years ago. I know Kevon Seymour was drafted so I don't really feel too incensed about his stupidity there.

What he brings to the table is that occasional take from within the organization that others either don't get or don't have the freedom to express.

Like quietly answering the question of why CJ Spiller wasn't playing late in his rookie year in the Miami game by slipping in that he had a SERIOUS learning deficiency.

Or Aaron Maybin not understanding how to reach the level of toughness needed to succeed at the NFL level. If you recall the Maybin era there was a lot of pursed lips from the organization when asked why he wasn't making it.

These are things that are hard for the organization to say to the media. And they can't be said by just anybody outside of it. Very sensitive issues that only a member of the family can say.

The Kujo thing is another example.......imagine Doug Whaley saying THAT to the media and what the reaction would be. :lol:

But perhaps in part because Tasker makes a ton of on-the-fly mistakes.......he can slip in an organizational truth/excuse in.

Edited by #BADOL

I did quote you. You don't quote me, you make stuff up and pretend it's reality. Like the way you pretend to know what motivates people or what they're thinking. You like to mix one or two good takes in with an absurd troll job and then feign ignorance or change the subject when you get called out on it.

You're whole game is old and tired.

But I'll quote your stupid hot take again if it makes you feel better:

Yeah, that's what I commented on, and it's absurd. Woods is better than Goodwin. Sorry, that's a ridiculous take.

:beer:

Why are you obsessed with Badol? You seem deranged, alright...

This game clearly showed who's good in practice and who's good in a game.

No one weighs have guessed that Cardale would settle down so well after hitting the bleachers every practice.

Disappointed that Little came up small and Hankerson was invisible.

I need to watch the game again to focus on defense, but for the love of God if Ryans insist on selling out on an all out blitz, they better have a tackling fundamentals clinic in camp. I always hated that play in their arsenal.

Hankerson was visible but for all the wrong reason. Lots of drops. Likely in the first set of cuts because of it.

I'm sorry dude, you may not be such a b*tchy whiner in person.........but I gotta' put you down. Sometimes you gotta' know when to euthanize.

You are just KILLING good threads here with a bunch of bickering that just ends any positive discussion and whether people like my delivery or not my deal has always been advancing the level of discussion on the board.

If you wanted to have actual discussions at some point between the trolling it would be one thing........but the lack thereof has gotten old. I can feel it. Nobody with any commonsense is jumping in to defend either side because they are sick of it.

It was fun in the Shady thread but it's just not amusing anyone but a few butt-hurts at this point.

There was some talk on the radio after the game about switching the player of the game award from Gragg to C Jones. In my mind, the best Bill performance was by Colton Schmidt.

He was booming some. I really liked Kevon Seymour. Kid was making a lot of plays. Very consistent. Had one pas interference and even that was questionable.

Randel Johnson (sp?) should be cut just to send a message about stupid penalties - he was an idiot

I was frustrated to see Boom taking rep's away from literally any of the other RB's - he's got no chance of making this team - showed nothing NFL-level last season - looked like the same slow medium-sized guy with no moves again last night

Wilder had a tough night, but that 3rd string OL was awful

Edited by BobChalmers

I'm sorry dude, you may not be such a b*tchy whiner in person.........but I gotta' put you down. Sometimes you gotta' know when to euthanize.

You are just KILLING good threads here with a bunch of bickering that just ends any positive discussion and whether people like my delivery or not my deal has always been advancing the level of discussion on the board.

If you wanted to have actual discussions at some point between the trolling it would be one thing........but the lack thereof has gotten old. I can feel it. Nobody with any commonsense is jumping in to defend either side because they are sick of it.

It was fun in the Shady thread but it's just not amusing anyone but a few butt-hurts at this point.

Hey you busy on the 21st?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGv9GjAvwf/