Schefter: Shaq Lawson Back Between Week 6 and 8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

According to @AdamSchefter, #Bills OLB Shaq Lawson is expected back between Week 6 and Week 8. That would likely mean the PUP list.

1) Local guy re-Twits Schefter...way to go Joe.

2) Schefty sleeping with the trainers or physical therapist? Did he review the medical records? I want to see pictures of the scar damn it!!

I'd almost rather hold him out until next season, make sure everything is right before putting him back out there.

But I'm also basically giving up on the defense already (losing Mario to FA, and losing three key components to injury in the front seven)

I'd almost rather hold him out until next season, make sure everything is right before putting him back out there.

But I'm also basically giving up on the defense already (losing Mario to FA, and losing three key components to injury in the front seven)

Losing Mario actually helps the D based on his effort last year.

The important pieces are still there though....:)

Now...if we lost Marcel (knock on wood)

Losing the pre-2015 Mario is huge; you just can't replace the best player on defense that easily.

Losing the 2015 Mario can be remedied by lining up a traffic cone at the edge.

GO BILLS!!!

This is what makes the Lawson pick seem more irresponsible to me. I know I'm going to get torched for this, but when you take a guy who you know is going to miss half the season, you put more pressure on your other picks to succeed to have a valuable draft.

We gave ourselves to wiggle room and now we are only going to get 8 games out of 32 from our top two picks. That's just overal unacceptable. I know you can't control injuries, but that's why you don't also gamble with them.

Seriously? Ragland's injury came as a result of a fluke - By all accounts Lawson is a talent that should have been selected higher. Assuming he comes back healthy the Bills win. Look back to Thurman Thomas - he was supposed to be damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills came out pretty well with that pick.

Seriously? Ragland's injury came as a result of a fluke - By all accounts Lawson is a talent that should have been selected higher. Assuming he comes back healthy the Bills win. Look back to Thurman Thomas - he was supposed to be damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills came out pretty well with that pick.

If the internet was around back then, I wonder what kind of criticism the selection of Thurman would have engendered. I think it's safe to say more than a few would have been all over it and decrying the pick seven ways to Sunday before he ever played a down.

GO BILLS!!!

This is what makes the Lawson pick seem more irresponsible to me. I know I'm going to get torched for this, but when you take a guy who you know is going to miss half the season, you put more pressure on your other picks to succeed to have a valuable draft.

We gave ourselves to wiggle room and now we are only going to get 8 games out of 32 from our top two picks. That's just overal unacceptable. I know you can't control injuries, but that's why you don't also gamble with them.

If he ends up being an All-Pro player for years, would that change your mind?

I think there's another PUP list for when the season starts.

But still, it's good to hear. I'm actually not too down on the oh so difficult start we are supposed to have. The Ravens were struggling on even before injuries last year and Perriman has a partial ACL tear like Ragland. I sincerely believe the Jets are overrated, and we play them on a short week at home. The Cards are tough but we get a mini bye. The Pats are without Brady. The Rams are throwing a rookie QB into the deep end of the pool with the 32nd ranked offense last year.

Starting week 6, we play the Niners, and week 7 the Phins, who look like they are going to be quick pass heavy teams. Week 8 is all hands for Brady.

Sounds like the right time to be back.

Could not agree more. The Bills have pretty favorable schedule early. I could see 6/2 or 7/1.

@JoeBuscaglia

According to @AdamSchefter, #Bills OLB Shaq Lawson is expected back between Week 6 and Week 8. That would likely mean the PUP list.

Some good news at least, especially after the bad news about Ragland.

I kinda wonder if this is it. Nothing new here on that tweet except the word "expected" and that's nothing concrete. Just a hopeful sounding version of what we already knew coming directly on the heels of the Ragland news. Whether it's what the team honestly believes to be true or just hopeful thinking, the tweet seems like it's aim is good PR. Remind fans that we might get Shaq back to pick up their spirits and get some pressure off the front office.

I really don't like seeing this out in the media. Putting expectations for a speedy recovery and immediate impact doesn't do Shaq any good. PUP rules allow him back to practice as early as after the 6th week of the season. Even if he makes it back that quickly there's no real chance to get much out of him in a hurry as he will have had zero career NFL practice time and be nowhere near game shape. It'd be better to keep expectations for him low this season and err on the side of caution with his injury. Get him healthy, get him acclimated to the NFL and get him a little experience this season - without unnecessary risk of reinjuring his shoulder. Long term that'd be better both for him and for the Bills.

Losing the pre-2015 Mario is huge; you just can't replace the best player on defense that easily.

Losing the 2015 Mario can be remedied by lining up a traffic cone at the edge.

GO BILLS!!!

except:

1. He was far from the 2014 Mario that last year, more of a negative than a positive.

2. Once they committed big dollars to Hughes and Dareus last year, Mario's exit from the team was predestined.

I am only concerned about the 2015 Mario, and that Mario is easily replaced. Even without Shaq, who I would rather have, the Bills would be hard pressed not to get better performance at that position from some combination of Manny, IK, and Striker. It is virtually guaranteed. He was that bad.

except:

1. He was far from the 2014 Mario that last year, more of a negative than a positive.

2. Once they committed big dollars to Hughes and Dareus last year, Mario's exit from the team was predestined.

I am only concerned about the 2015 Mario, and that Mario is easily replaced. Even without Shaq, who I would rather have, the Bills would be hard pressed not to get better performance at that position from some combination of Manny, IK, and Striker. It is virtually guaranteed. He was that bad.

That's why I suggested a traffic cone wouldn't be worse. Actually, a traffic cone would probably do a better job of obstruction.

I wonder what made his decision to quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans predestined as well.

GO BILLS!!!