Schefter: Shaq Lawson Back Between Week 6 and 8

I think that it can only help if he comes back in the second half of the season because the Bills are so weak at the position, but to expect a rookie with no training camp and coming off a significant surgery to come in and be a major contributor this season seems a little unrealistic.

Edited by vincec

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Ragland's injury came as a result of a fluke - By all accounts Lawson is a talent that should have been selected higher. Assuming he comes back healthy the Bills win. Look back to Thurman Thomas - he was supposed to be damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills came out pretty well with that pick.

Thank you for your clarity of mind

Internet is just a fad.

its just 0s and 1s. whats the big deal ?

Seriously? Ragland's injury came as a result of a fluke - By all accounts Lawson is a talent that should have been selected higher. Assuming he comes back healthy the Bills win. Look back to Thurman Thomas - he was supposed to be damaged goods coming out of college. The Bills came out pretty well with that pick.

Agree on Ragland's injury being a fluke, but Lawson went about where expected. The highest I saw him mocked was 11th and that was with the notation that he'd be a reach at that pick. Most had him going a few picks ahead of the Bills.

I think that it can only help if he comes back in the second half of the season because the Bills are so weak at the position, but to expect a rookie with no training camp and coming off a significant surgery to come in and be a major contributor this season seems a little unrealistic.

For Me? I expect nothing from him this year.

Hope he learns, and gets healthy as possible . Feel that's a reasonable milestone. Ragaland is down. Hope he develops his mental skills and stays in condition as best as the injury allows.

The biggest adjustment for rooks is likely the game speed and the knowledge dump. Then the self discipline physically and mentally to maintain the NFL mindset to be elite

No problem for me hoping they come back next year at nearly full gallop.

just hit a mental rest folks. next year we get two bonus picks in the first and second round. :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

I'd almost rather hold him out until next season, make sure everything is right before putting him back out there.

But I'm also basically giving up on the defense already (losing Mario to FA, and losing three key components to injury in the front seven)

Mario was not lost to free agency - he was cut because ineffective.

I've kind of conservatively thought that Lawson would be back after our bye week.

Week 10 vs the Bengals.

If he's just barely ready by week 7 or 8, I figured the BILLS would use the bye to their advantage and get him another 2 weeks of healing.

This is true but you really gotta' let it play out and let the vocal apologists reach that conclusion themselves so they can take ownership of it as their next excuse in the grieving process.

Shaq and Ragnuts weren't going to make or break this season but people who can't be critical of the organizational decision making process gotta' have something to feel sorry for themselves about and the loss of the defensive-savior rookies fits the bill.

For Me? I expect nothing from him this year.

Hope he learns, and gets healthy as possible . Feel that's a reasonable milestone. Ragaland is down. Hope he develops his mental skills and stays in condition as best as the injury allows.

The biggest adjustment for rooks is likely the game speed and the knowledge dump. Then the self discipline physically and mentally to maintain the NFL mindset to be elite

No problem for me hoping they come back next year at nearly full gallop.

just hit a mental rest folks. next year we get two bonus picks in the first and second round. :thumbsup:

there's always next year, amirite?

The last two seasons have yielded a 17-15 record. Is that really iineptitude?

Yes. Want to know why?

Because it's good enough to not yield results in the draft, while not good enough to make the playoffs. It's hell.

there's always next year, amirite?

Yes. Want to know why?

Because it's good enough to not yield results in the draft, while not good enough to make the playoffs. It's hell.

While recent results have been undoubtedly disappointing, the characterization of inept is baseless and not reflective of reality. Mediocrity is a more accurate description. The hope is they can move beyond the results of the last two seasons that no one at OBD (or TBD) should be satisfied with.

I've gotten so cynical about these things I hate myself. But, the timing of this release to Schefter is suspicious.......Bad news with Ragland followed shortly after with a release of Shaq news. Smells of PR to me because nothing has changed. Still 6-8 weeks, still a rookie, Rex's complex D and we can always change it later to 10-12 weeks.

Edited by The Thurmanator

While recent results have been undoubtedly disappointing, the characterization of inept is baseless and not reflective of reality. Mediocrity is a more accurate description. The hope is they can move beyond the results of the last two seasons that no one at OBD (or TBD) should be satisfied with.

Anything short of success can be attributed to ineptitude, imo.

This is true but you really gotta' let it play out and let the vocal apologists reach that conclusion themselves so they can take ownership of it as their next excuse in the grieving process.

Shaq and Ragnuts weren't going to make or break this season but people who can't be critical of the organizational decision making process gotta' have something to feel sorry for themselves about and the loss of the defensive-savior rookies fits the bill.

Come on now, there's what, maybe a half-dozen of those types 'round here?

The rest of us just want to see the kid have a chance to play and see where his NFL game falls on the Upshaw-Suggs scale of boundary conditions.

At this point, given the historical ineptitude of the franchise, making the playoffs would be success. See it happening anytime soon?

They have enough good players on the team to be in serious contention, but of course things have to come together for it to come to fruition. We'll see.