AstroNotes3: Bills Camp Thursday August 4

Astrobot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since he was drafted, he's done nothing but show how much of a dick he is.

And not signing an autograph in training camp is a complete dick move. I don't want to hijack Astro's thread anymore (apologies, Astro), but Watkins is an ignorant, pompous, arrogant ass - but I still want him to do well for the Bills.

Like when he did this?

Or maybe this?

Or perhaps this?

Get off your high horse, dude. And YES, I'd certainly tell you that to your face.

Since he was drafted, he's done nothing but show how much of a dick he is.

And not signing an autograph in training camp is a complete dick move. I don't want to hijack Astro's thread anymore (apologies, Astro), but Watkins is an ignorant, pompous, arrogant ass - but I still want him to do well for the Bills.

You still bought his jersey, though, right?

Thanks so much, Astro! We "exiles" always look forward to your TC descriptions. :worthy:

(Just hope you aren't going against any "official Bills reporting policies" - sure can't afford to have you get banned from camp!)

Astro,

Thanks again for another great and detailed report!

Question, any truth to this from Mike Rodak about Dez Lewis?

I'm seeing a bit of regression from WR Dez Lewis so far in Bills camp. Hasn't done much to stand out first week... http://es.pn/2axYYHW

If Astro confirms that this is more BS from Rodak, I move that TBD blocks any/all links to Rodak's twitter account.

FWIW, my thoughts on practice today:

1. Tyrod looked cool, calm and collected. Even when the pocket collapsed, he showed good awareness and was extremely mobile in the pocket. EJ, from what I saw, had a decent day. His mechanics are noticeably different, although the nose of the fb always seems to be pointing down. Cardale is a monster but I didn't really notice anything special from the pocket from him.

2. On the WR battle.I'm not sure what the Dez Lewis hype early on was about. To me, he appears to be jag. He is a long strider and is slow out of his breaks. He did not show anything to make me think otherwise. Although I've been a critic, I thought Goodwin looked on point today. He made a number of catches while creating NFL size separation with defenders. Hopefully the guy can stay healthy. Walter Powell made a few nice catches but also dropped a ball and jumped offsides. I wonder if special teams value will strengthen his run at a roster spot.

3. Ragland. First off, what a massive man. Although they weren't love tackling, I often noticed him near the ball. He dropped into zone coverage a number of times, but did not see him in man.

4. Schmitt. He really kicks the hell out of it.

5. RB rotation: though I aren't sure what it was specifically. It looks to me as if 1.McCoy 2a. Bush 2b. Gillislee 3. Wilder. I noticed the Twos seemed to rotate backs. I wouldn't be surprised to see these four on the roster as the RBs for the first 4 weeks of the season. When Karlos returns, Gillislee may draw the short straw. I saw nothing of note from J Williams.

6. Gilmore and Darby are an excellent 1/2 punch. Both consistently showed excellent breaks on the ball. I am confident in these two on islands. Unfortunately, our depth at CB seems slim. No one else impressed, today at least, IMO.

7. TE is a weird bird this year. I approch this position by trying to think about what G Ro will want from this position this year. With the number of motions and shifts today, I think he is leaning more towards a versatile player and less towards a one trick pony (thank god Matthew Mulligan is no longer a Bill). I like Clay as the one and Gragg second in. Aside from that, it gets blurry. Preseason will be telling.

8. Hughes consistently showed up in the backfield today. Not a flashy player, but I expect 10 plus sacks from him this year no problem.

9. I don't know a whole lot about our safetys, but I can't help but thinking that they've improved simply by having Ed Reed with them. This guy seems to be always involved in conversation with a man in blue.

10. I may be wrong but I think there is a serious lack of fundamentals being practiced. It could be I missed them, it could be because they are professionals but I am not noticing any of the basics being drilled. I was hoping to see home technical drills (form tackling, blocking, pursuit, etc).

Anyways just some thoughts for those unable to attend. Go Bills.