AstroNotes3: Bills Camp Thursday August 4

Astrobot

Maybe I'm old school but I think this team lacks a strong foundation of fundamentals and disciple. I know the rule change has an impact on each practice though it's possible they do more of these drills when in uppers or only helmets

Tackling fundamentals is a big problem in the NFL right now, you aren't alone in your thoughts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10. I may be wrong but I think there is a serious lack of fundamentals being practiced. It could be I missed them, it could be because they are professionals but I am not noticing any of the basics being drilled. I was hoping to see home technical drills (form tackling, blocking, pursuit, etc).

John Murphy had a PFF guy on a few days ago and he compared his observations from the Steelers camp and the Bills camp. It was sad to hear him say that the Steelers ran a more tight and efficient camp. They had very little down time in between drills and how the players moved from one activity to another, and that allowed the coaches to get more work & instruction in the same amount of time.

Gugny also thinks that right now, as we sit here in August of 2016, that EJ Manuel is a better QB than Tyrod Taylor. He also thinks that Stevie Johnson is the second best WR in Bills history.

This isn't the thread for this crap.

This isn't the thread for this crap.

You appreciate Astro's daily updates, right? I certainly look forward to them every day (thanks Astro!) Let me ask you this though- as you read about Taylor looking sharp every practice, do you still feel worse abut the Bills' QB situation heading into the 2016 season than you have in any season that you can ever remember, including the 1985 season, in which they were coming off 2-14 and had the two-headed monster of Vince Ferragamo and Bruce Mathison at QB? Because you specifically said that a few months ago. I am sincerely curious and not trying to be provocative. I'm just wondering if these updates help ease your concerns at all?

You appreciate Astro's daily updates, right? I certainly look forward to them every day (thanks Astro!) Let me ask you this though- as you read about Taylor looking sharp every practice, do you still feel worse abut the Bills' QB situation heading into the 2016 season than you have in any season that you can ever remember, including the 1985 season, in which they were coming off 2-14 and had the two-headed monster of Vince Ferragamo and Bruce Mathison at QB? Because you specifically said that a few months ago. I am sincerely curious and not trying to be provocative. I'm just wondering if these updates help ease your concerns at all?

I like what I've read so far with regard to Tyrod.