Trent Richardson Released by the Ravens

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he played decent his rookie year then just fell of a cliff

Not really. He put up volume stats but his is one case where the Browns were ahead of the curve. He had 11 tds but only averaged 3.6 ypc. He has 4 20+ yard runs in his career! His longest is 32 yards. He simply put isn't good.

You mean, in that they traded up in order to use the third pick in the draft on a one-dimensional running back?

No I mean where they traded him for a first to the colts after realizing he was terrible. If you recall reaction to that trade was that the Colts had fleeced the Browns.

No I mean where they traded him for a first to the colts after realizing he was terrible. If you recall reaction to that trade was that the Colts had fleeced the Browns.

Now that I can agree with. I recall one poster who actually said that the trade was so one-sided in the Colts favor that it threatened the competitive balance of the league. Others at the time saw the trade for the highway robbery (by the Browns) that it was.

It was a decent recovery, but they didn't get back the #3 overall that they used on him. The Colts pick was #26 right? So that's a pretty big fail actually.