Chargers finally sign Bosa: Who blinked?

The Chargers are scamming Bosa. He should not be the one blinking.

Hard lines are not paying off in San Diego.

This is the way we have always done it, might need a rethink.

but i do get a kick out of this situation. Because i am a Bills fan and it does not affect us.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This holdout is silly. Both sides should compromise, but I believe Bosa is the one who is more hurt because he needed OTA's and TC to get the scheme down and have a solid first year. Your always playing for your next contract, and this holdout could affect his play in year 1. I do think it was bad pick by the Chargers. There were more talented people at #3.

This gives Bosa a free year before the word bust starts being tossed around.

It is a great read. But many here will still ignore all of these facts and continue with "he should just sign, man!"

Also, how awful are the Spanos people as owners. What a litany/legacy of a-holery!

There were articles about how the chargers loved them some Bosa pre draft. Why are the Chargers dick'in around with a few offsets. Get him in camp. I feel bad for their GM seems like his hands are tied by those awful owners. Seriously maybe Whaley should see what it would take to relieve them of their disaster negotiations. Its definitely a huge need for us now.

• 2 weeks later...

@sdutGehlken

Chargers proposed to Joey Bosa what they made clear is their best offer, source says. It was declined. Offer pulled. Two sides are nowhere.

@RapSheet

#Chargers offer to Joey Bosa included the 2nd most Year 1 cash behind only Carson Wentz. Now, if he doesn’t play 16 games, it all changes

If that's true, then Bosa is a total idiot.

He will sign this week.

Opinion or #scoop?

If that's true, then Bosa is a total idiot.

the chargers are still shading stuff a bit for the media/fans in that release. things like it being the largest payment in year one that theyve given out since 2011 shouldnt even be mentioned without saying that its the highest they have picked, so its meaningless as a benchmark.

if the year one cash statements are true, its probably silly for him not to sign over offset language.... but its still the chargers trying to lowball him if that is the issue. that the chargers created 2 problems, and are offering to bend on 1 is not a middle ground.

@sdutGehlken

Chargers proposed to Joey Bosa what they made clear is their best offer, source says. It was declined. Offer pulled. Two sides are nowhere.

@RapSheet

#Chargers offer to Joey Bosa included the 2nd most Year 1 cash behind only Carson Wentz. Now, if he doesn’t play 16 games, it all changes

Ok, the Bosa camp are officially idiots. For all this talk about making more money this year, he's going to end up making ZERO money this year.

the chargers are still shading stuff a bit for the media/fans in that release. things like it being the largest payment in year one that theyve given out since 2011 shouldnt even be mentioned without saying that its the highest they have picked, so its meaningless as a benchmark.

if the year one cash statements are true, its probably silly for him not to sign over offset language.... but its still the chargers trying to lowball him if that is the issue. that the chargers created 2 problems, and are offering to bend on 1 is not a middle ground.

The Chargers are being morons. They knew really early in the process that Bosa was the guy. How can this still be an issue 5 months after you decided you'd take the guy?

Quibbling over offset language and losing their 3rd overall pick as a result would be monumentally stupid.

I agree with both of you.

The Chargers are being morons. They knew really early in the process that Bosa was the guy. How can this still be an issue 5 months after you decided you'd take the guy?

Quibbling over offset language and losing their 3rd overall pick as a result would be monumentally stupid.

Both sides are silly. Neither side has any business expressing confidence in themselves if they're hung up on offsets.

Edited by thebandit27

I agree with both of you.

Both sides are silly. Neither side has any business expressing confidence in themselves if they're hung up on offsets.

As far as I understand it, the team were the ones that drove the wedge first and now they're both being stubborn for the sake of not conceding ground. Obviously, neither side is telling the absolute truth so statements should be taken with a pinch of salt.

No issue with a player standing up for their rights in most circumstances. Under the new CBA, I'm fairly sure I could get these deals done.