Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I said the Bills risked bad feelings. You lied. You're flailing.

Sure thing breh.

What have I been saying? What have I been saying? They laughed at me but whose laughing now?

What have you been saying?

That TT wasn't going to be happy in 2016 unless he was shown some love.

I'm with you man, well said. And welcome!

Thank you! This sounds like a really Bills friendly deal in my opinion. Even though we had the leverage right now, I'm surprised (and pleased) we were able to get these terms. Go Bills!

Have on NFL on ESPN, dont know who the two "experts" are...but they were killing TT for taking this deal...termed it a year to year...so guess that means reallly good for the Bills.

They mentioned something about a $10M buyout after year one and another buyout after year 3....but was only on in bachkground so could be wrong

Edit..Dan Grazziano and Jim Trotter talking heads

Edited by plenzmd1

The guaranteed money, structure and outs were the reason to make the deal at this time.

And we haven't seen the guaranteed money, structure and outs yet. Anyone praising or panning the deal without this information simply doesn't know what they are talking about.

And we haven't seen the guaranteed money, structure and outs yet. Anyone praising or panning the deal without this information simply doesn't know what they are talking about.

We have seen a $10M buyout after year 1 and again after year 2. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17284439/tyrod-taylor-agrees-contract-extension-buffalo-bills

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You need to go back and look at that draft and in particular what they were saying about Manuel. The consensus was that we reached for a QB that was a 2nd to 4th rounder. Some even had him 5th or 6th.

He turned out to be a bust because he was drafted way too high. If we had drafted him in round 3 or 4, or hell, even 2, it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal.

You have leap frogged my point tho, altho not untypical for you, that Manuel was a poor pick. You can add all the reasons and excuses, but he was a poor pick and thus far Whaley's taken hardly any practical heat for it. And yes, it was his pick, he himself has made this perfectly clear and you can go listen to him anytime.

In fact, he boldly proclaims that EJ had "the IT factor."

Do you agree, did EJ have "the IT factor?"

Most people atune to the draft thought that was laughable.

I don't know what's in your memory banks, but it's not reality.

You need to go back and look at that draft and in particular what they were saying about Manuel. The consensus was that we reached for a QB that was a 2nd to 4th rounder. Some even had him 5th or 6th.

He turned out to be a bust because he was drafted way too high. If we had drafted him in round 3 or 4, or hell, even 2, it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal.

You have leap frogged my point tho, altho not untypical for you, that Manuel was a poor pick. You can add all the reasons and excuses, but he was a poor pick and thus far Whaley's taken hardly any practical heat for it. And yes, it was his pick, he himself has made this perfectly clear and you can go listen to him anytime.

If their is one thing you should learn when it comes to the NFL, outside consensus doesn't matter.

@salsports

I'm told the Bills/Taylor deal is essentially year-to-year. Very flexibility throughout for team.

If Taylor does play out deal, it would take him through and expire at the same time as his left tackle, Cordy Glenn. 2021.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 19s20 seconds ago

My understanding of Tyrod Taylor's deal is its complex. So, 2016 is fully guaranteed, but after that there is a lot of prove-it in the deal.

If true, it looks like a fair deal. Tyrod gets some nice guarantees and has a chance to earn some very nice money. The team gets a long term deal at a decent price, but can get out early without destroying their cap situation if they need to. We have to wait for details to come out to know for sure though.

@cianaf

This is generally the case when the guaranteed money doesn't come out quickly. Agents want to boast when they win.

Sounds like Tyrod lost.

No. If he got injured yesterday and couldn't play another down he'd have a nice seven figure nest egg to live off of. If it happens tomorrow he's got a much nicer eight figure nest egg to live off of. If he has a long, successful career it might be a mind numbingly large nine figure nest egg. That's a win.