Le'Veon Bell facing 4 game suspension

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

negative. Pot is still illegal under federal law. Employers have no obligation to permit its use. It's been litigated already. But good thought. What would PIT get in return though from Denver. ?

Can't the NFL ban it even if it is legal? What is the rule on this in Colorado? Can any employer still make tests mandatory, and make testing positive a fireable offense?

Can't the NFL ban it even if it is legal? What is the rule on this in Colorado? Can any employer still make tests mandatory, and make testing positive a fireable offense?

Yup, they can. It's all in the CBA. Josh Gordon can't have an alcoholic drink.

But for what it's worth, pot will likely be removed from tested substances soon. The players will just have to negotiate it and probably give in on other PED testing.

I know this is a little off topic but didn't want to make another thread for a non Bill...Arthur Jones is suspended 4 games for PED use, brother of Jon Jones who just failed a drug test for UFC. Chandler Jones better go hide. https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Edited by Commonsense

Why would anyone want to miss the drug test ?

They should have asked me. I would have been on time and ready to test any and all recreational drugs.

amateurs. geez

Edited by 3rdand12

They can ban whatever they want. Most of the list of banned substances are legally obtained in this country.

Exactly Ryan. For example, our sales reps in CO cannot smoke weed and work at our company and we drug test. It doesn't matter the State law, because first there is a federal law against it, and second, the NFL is his employer and are legally able to enforce their policies.

Nothing will change until the Feds change the law legalizing marijuana which won't happen. It will keep going state by state possibly a change in medical marijuana, but that is going to take years.

The sad thing is they are only tested if not in the program typically once to twice a year usually in the Spring. These idiots don't know it stays in your hair for about 35 days. If they simply cleaned up every spring during March and April until maybe tested in May, they'd never get caught. Once you fail a test they can test you 10x / mo. I really don't care if they smoke weed, as long as they are not driving, but it's not for me.

If he was suspended, he already failed to take a previous test or failed it. It's too bad as he is a dynamic player and the Steelers need him.

Does the NFL do the hair testing ?

I would be surprised if they did. I do not think they really want to for the mary janes.

But gaining an unfair advantage with PEDs and adderal and such should be frowned severely on. as i consider it cheating the honest players

This pisses me off. I have pick #3 in my big Fantasy draft, and was sure Bell would go before my pick and a WR I want would drop a spot to me. Now, no chance.

You'll be alright. If you are set on a wr then obj, Antonio brown, and Julio will guarantee you a stud at the position no matter who goes before you.