Actors/Actresses you just can't watch...

LabattBlue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I love Tropic Thunder and Cruise's character kills me every single time.

"Take a step back, and literally !@#$ YOUR OWN FACE!!!!!!" Although the greatest thing about that particular scene is watching McConaughey's reaction in the background.

And The Last Samurai, Collateral, Edge of Tomorrow,...he's done good work in a lot of decent-or-better movies.

I watched Anchorman once and really didn't like it much and was told that you have to watch it multiple times.......Why would I want to subject myself to that.

I'm generally the same way. Except I was stuck 4 hours away from home while working downstate and in a place where the nearest anything was at least 30 minutes away. At the time I went to the movies a lot but I had already seen everything that was out in the theaters and didn't want to wast more money. It just so happened I had 3 movies in the apt and that was one of them. So... I watched all 3 a lot.

It's easier to name the actors/actresses that I don't like or feel they aren't very good at it.

I thank Whalberg for Entourage, but he's not a good actor.

Hayden Christensen, just awful

Chaning Tatum, I don't see it

Megan Fox, hot as hell and that is it.

Kristen Stewart, flat line expressions

Matt McConaughey always irks me. I thought he was ok in "Interstellar" but other than that ugh

I think he's a very good actor. Don't watch the horrible romantic comedies he's in and you'll see that he has talent,

I think he's a very good actor. Don't watch the horrible romantic comedies he's in and you'll see that he has talent,

I liked him in Sahara. And Reign of Fire.

But then, I also liked Bruce Willis in Hudson Hawk. Guilty pleasures...

I know she is a highly regarded actress, but for years and years, I refused to go see anything with Meryl Streep in it...

Out of Africa

French Lieutenants Woman

Sophie's Choice

blah blah blah

Streep is talented, but she gets far more credit than she really deserves.

Cruise is a surprisingly good and very professional actor.

He ends up being underrated because personally, he's looney-tunes.

I agree.

I like older Tom Cruise a lot more than young Tom Cruise.

He does a good job in "A Few Good Men" and I feel that he doesn't get much credit for "The Firm".

He was very good in "Minority Report", and "Collateral" and he took a lot of unnecessary criticism for "Valkyrie".

The best performance he ever gave, in my opinion was "Magnolia".

Nicole Kidman, my gawd. From BMX bandits... even if she's interviewed, the fakeness, aghhh

Nicola's Cage, I've tried, but no more, no more.

Sean Penn. well I was a kid with a thing for Madonna. The whole 'alleged' assault back then.

I would have added Keanu, but thought John Wick was well suited for him.

IRT Sean Penn, he definitely has some public personality issues, but I think he is a really great actor, and he has had some really great movies. One of the very best of his generation...IMO. But I get why people don't like him.

Along the same lines as Penn, but I don't like him very much, Tim Robbins...just seems like a pretentious douche...I have a hard time getting past that...not to say he hasn't been in some decent movies (loved "Bob Roberts"), but I gotta really psych myself up to watch anything he is in...

Harrison Ford.

In every movie, he plays Harrison Ford. Seriously, can you differentiate between Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan or his role as the President?

I can't.

I'm incredibly biased on this one as Ford is one of my personal favorites -- but you're not wrong. He's an old fashioned movie star, not an actor. It's not really fair to compare him to someone like Daniel Day Lewis for example as they're two entirely different kinds of performers.

But yes, he's always Ford. That's what made him the biggest movie star on the planet for a good while.

I'm incredibly biased on this one as Ford is one of my personal favorites -- but you're not wrong. He's an old fashioned movie star, not an actor. It's not really fair to compare him to someone like Daniel Day Lewis for example as they're two entirely different kinds of performers.

But yes, he's always Ford. That's what made him the biggest movie star on the planet for a good while.

Oddly, I like Sean Connery though and he's the same way.

I like Kat Dennings but she is beyond annoying in 2 broke girls. My wife watches it so I get accosted by it sometimes, I groan every time it comes on, it's only redeeming quality is her cleavage.

I watch 2 Broke Girls with the sound off

Harrison Ford.

In every movie, he plays Harrison Ford. Seriously, can you differentiate between Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan or his role as the President?

I can't.

If you guys can get through the boring first half of the movie (Blake Lively helps) try watching Ford in Age of Adeline. He was incredible and it definitely wasn't an action movie.