Kiko to Tight End?

@aroundthenfl

Kiko Alonso says he's prepared to play tight end for Dolphins if he gets the call

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000674584/article/in-wild-profile-kiko-alonso-talks-about-horses-playing-te-for-dolphins?campaign=Twitter_atn

Translation: "Now that everyone knows that I'm overrated as a linebacker, I'm just gonna put it out there that I'll play whatever position I have to to remain on the 53-man roster."

I don't fault him for it. He's actually smart for doing it.

Well since we are in need of help still at tight end, is this the actual reason why trading Kiko for Shady was a bad deal?

Tight end? maybe running back could be worse? between Shady's hamstrng, a overweight promising 2nd year back, a drunken rook.

maybe the Ryan Bro's and their visionary expertise should get Kiko back and build a backfield of Kiko and Baby Gronk!

My guess is Kiko's one of those guys whose success depends a lot on the scheme he's in. He was usually very good in his rookie season, playing instinctively, but when he guessed wrong it always turned out bad. He lost a year to injury, and got traded. Maybe the Eagles didn't use him so he'd excel, and now he's on his third team. He always seemed like a good guy, a real football player but not a jerk. I don't think the Fins are going anywhere this year so I feel safe in wishing Kiko well.

Here's the original article which goes into Kiko's story for those interested to actually hear it. Must not like English or talking to U.S. reporters! http://espn.go.com/blog/onenacion/post/_/id/4607/kiko-alonso-prepares-for-a-new-beginning-with-the-dolphins

Interesting that he just wants to be the middle linebacker. Should be interesting to see if he can take on those NFL O-linemen.

Edited by GaryPinC

I know Kiko is on another team now but damn I feel bad for the kid.

Talk about highest of highs from being drafted and runner up rookie of the year to where he is now.

Making millions playing football?

I was laughed at the time but after the most amazing start to a career I can remember, he was bad for the last 10 games of his rookie year. Word on the street is he isn't the most motivated guy in the world either. But we got a Pro Bowl rb for him so it worked out great.

Making millions playing football?

I was laughed at the time but after the most amazing start to a career I can remember, he was bad for the last 10 games of his rookie year. Word on the street is he isn't the most motivated guy in the world either. But we got a Pro Bowl rb for him so it worked out great.

Spot on.

You all need to relax and gain some perspective. Kiko is an incredible humanitarian. In just one season, he did more to raise awareness and tolerance of parking lot bj's than anyone here has in their entire lives. Before Kiko, a bj was something done behind closed doors or in a dark alley behind a bar. Now, people can do it in broad daylight with pride. Show some respect.