Topic of the day 7/11: All time Bill who is open 24/7

It's true Stevie used to school Revis, but he also had crucial drops. He did play on a bad team.

Still open though. There was no criteria about what happens once you're open. Stevie did get separation quickly on the short stuff.

I too am a huge Reed fan, and that was my initial reaction.

There is however Terrell Owens and Eric Moulds to at least consider.

I'd refute Lofton and Evans out of hand and never saw butler play.

I'm prepared to be skewered, but I'll go with Sammy.

Sitting in the stands, the dude is just always open. It's amazing.

Did you go with something simple? Perhaps some salt, pepper and a light drizzle of canola oil?

In this discussion it's hard to believe that Thurman Thomas is not mentioned. Equally dubious that Bobby Chandler is missing. Personally, if it is a short to medium range situation I take Thurman Thomas any day of the week.

Didn't even thing about RBs BB--- Thurman, Ronnie Harmon, Larry Centers (although a relative flash in the pan for the Bills)

In this discussion it's hard to believe that Thurman Thomas is not mentioned. Equally dubious that Bobby Chandler is missing. Personally, if it is a short to medium range situation I take Thurman Thomas any day of the week.

Great point on Thurman, when Kelly had to check down Thurman was there and often he took a short gain into a long one.

Anybody for Bobby Chandler? He was a pretty decent receiver on some of the all time bad Bills teams and i believe he got a SB ring with the Raiders....

And when it went to Chandler, it seemed he would ALWAYS catch it.

i'm 48. I remember a few old schoolers. And I dont like when its skewed towards the newer generation.

but it has to be Watkins. That dude is purely uncoverable. like, for real.

Hon. mention to Stevie. Super smart routes except that he seemed to improvise so the QB didnt always know where he was gonna be.

Watkins is the best route runner we have ever had.

i'm 48. I remember a few old schoolers. And I dont like when its skewed towards the newer generation.

but it has to be Watkins. That dude is purely uncoverable. like, for real.

Hon. mention to Stevie. Super smart routes except that he seemed to improvise so the QB didnt always know where he was gonna be.

Watkins is the best route runner we have ever had.

I read in another thread that he might not be worth the 5th year option.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187192-nfl-future-power-rankings-projecting-the-next-3-seasons/?p=3981723

Edited by Kirby Jackson

yep, i was in that convo.

And i did not opine whether he was worth the option. We have him for whatever reason. Water under the bridge.

But we have him. and he is awesome. And he is (imho) the best route runner we have ever had, even going back to 1960.

yep, i was in that convo.

And i did not opine whether he was worth the option. We have him for whatever reason. Water under the bridge.

But we have him. and he is awesome. And he is (imho) the best route runner we have ever had, even going back to 1960.

Yeah, he is going to be a great receiver.