NFL.com Training Camp Preview: Rex pushing Bills

Training camp is quickly approaching, which means it's time to preview the most exciting part of the summer. Over the next month, Around The NFL's Conor Orr will break down all 32 teams and give us something to look for in late July.

Today, we take a look at the Buffalo Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000673289/article/training-camp-preview-rex-ryan-pushing-bills?campaign=Twitter_atn

Edited by YoloinOhio

I really hate this part of the offseason because there is nothing said that will matter. At the end of the day you hope the team improves. You only know once the w-l columns start to become populated.

The way I look at it, no news is good news. The only real news is some serious injury, so I don't want to hear about my team this time of year.

I really hate this part of the offseason because there is nothing said that will matter. At the end of the day you hope the team improves. You only know once the w-l columns start to become populated.

No worries. In the vacuum of real news you make up your own.

The way I look at it, no news is good news. The only real news is some serious injury, so I don't want to hear about my team this time of year.

Yup. The offseason news is almost always fluff, injury or off the field problems. Once in a blue moon you can come across a good, unbiased article with analysis of players or scheme - if you're lucky.

Who came up with the headline & how, exactly is Ryan pushing the team?

Most interesting part, to me, is Orr presuming that Lynn & Roman have HC gigs in their futures.

I think he's basing that on the fact that both have had HC interviews recently.

Who came up with the headline & how, exactly is Ryan pushing the team?

Most interesting part, to me, is Orr presuming that Lynn & Roman have HC gigs in their futures.

This is a great point. There is no mention of Rex (not known for "pushing" his players) pushing anything. Also, this guy still considers Ryan to be the best defensive mind in football. Yikes.

Rex is at his best when his back is against the wall?? His best years were his first 2 with the Jets.

No his best year was when he took a Jet offense completely devoid of talent and turnover machine Geno Smith at QB and somehow miraculously got them to 8-8. Honestly thought he should have been coach of the year. That was a 3 win team.

No his best year was when he took a Jet offense completely devoid of talent and turnover machine Geno Smith at QB and somehow miraculously got them to 8-8. Honestly thought he should have been coach of the year. That was a 3 win team.

And then took that team to 4-12 the next year. Might as well then give COTY to Marrone for getting 9-7 out of the QB combo of a retired Orton and EJ Manuel.

I am no Rex Ryan fan but I also think that 8-8 year was his best season as a Head Coach. That was a poor team, in many ways worse than the team he took to 4-12 the next year.

And in answer to WEO.... I really thought Marrone's 9-7 was a good coaching job too. I think Marrone is a reasonably good Head Coach. Not great... but good. I don't like him but that is my neutral assessment. I don't give a monkeys if players liked him. I have been a successful Head Coach at a semi-professional level of a sport. Being liked by your players is not a requirement of the job.

I think he's basing that on the fact that both have had HC interviews recently.

I have mentioned at least once if not multiple times, Rex has some pretty darned excellent Coaches working for him.

But i never mentioned, there might be a simple reason for that.

And No Weo, it is not because they could not find work elsewhere :nana:

I am no Rex Ryan fan but I also think that 8-8 year was his best season as a Head Coach. That was a poor team, in many ways worse than the team he took to 4-12 the next year.

And in answer to WEO.... I really thought Marrone's 9-7 was a good coaching job too. I think Marrone is a reasonably good Head Coach. Not great... but good. I don't like him but that is my neutral assessment. I don't give a monkeys if players liked him. I have been a successful Head Coach at a semi-professional level of a sport. Being liked by your players is not a requirement of the job.

Not really--in fact the 4-12 tram might have been better, at least on offense. Added Decker at WR, far fewer tunorvers by Smith/Vick, #3 in league in rushing.

Still "coached" them to 4-12. He was a disaster. His D was 6th in yards allowed but gave up a billion points.

Marrone is mediocrity--and he was still able to squeeze 9 wins out of that mess at QB. His season dwarfs Rex's 8-8 Jets fluke of a mediocre masterpiece.