Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are impedance mismatches in American society.

I believe there's a similar difference in how police are viewed.

Yes. This. And this whole race thing with BLM and the police is making these feelings feel justified. Granted there are still prejudices in this country, but it isn't nearly as prominent as the media and BLM are making it out to be, and with regards to the police, it is making people think that they should feel unsafe. When realistically, your chances of these things happening are the following:

Being black and shot by cop 0.0006907%

Being white and shot by cop 0.0002510%

Being hispanic and shot by cop 0.0003407%

Being any race and shot by cop while not committing a violent crime 0.0000842%

Being struck and crushed by a meteor 0.000143%

Having conjoined twins 0.000500%

There are impedance mismatches in American society.

I believe there's a similar difference in how police are viewed.

You think?

"Gee officer, thanks for asking if I need help, yes, I have a noisy muffler, and broken tail light... I just don't have the cash to fix them because I just bought this gun in my lap and my cellphone bill is due. But let's have some coffee and waste more of my time and lecture me on priorities, set me deeper in a hole with a fine because my priorities are all screwed up."

Obama-Lectures-copy.jpg?resize=580%2C359

The-Talk-copy.jpg?resize=580%2C439

Wow! What a whiney culture we have become.

You think?

"Gee officer, thanks for asking if I need help, yes, I have a noisy muffler, and broken tail light... I just don't have the cash to fix them because I just bought this gun in my lap and my cellphone bill is due. But let's have some coffee and waste more of my time and lecture me on priorities, set me deeper in a hole with a fine because my priorities are all screwed up."

Wow! What a whiney culture we have become.

it'd like jekyl and Hyde in one post!

Yes. This. And this whole race thing with BLM and the police is making these feelings feel justified. Granted there are still prejudices in this country, but it isn't nearly as prominent as the media and BLM are making it out to be, and with regards to the police, it is making people think that they should feel unsafe. When realistically, your chances of these things happening are the following:

Being black and shot by cop 0.0006907%

Being white and shot by cop 0.0002510%

Being hispanic and shot by cop 0.0003407%

Being any race and shot by cop while not committing a violent crime 0.0000842%

Being struck and crushed by a meteor 0.000143%

Having conjoined twins 0.000500%

True but since when have we've used logic and math when we allocate resources against what scares us

In the U.S.

– You are 35,079 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

– You are 33,842 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

- You are 23,528 times more likely to die from obesity than from a terrorist attack

- Medical errors, smoking, driving, (depression leading to suicide) are thousands of times more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- unsafe sex, falls, work place accidents, and nutritional deficiencies are hundreds of times more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- lightning, dogs, deer, Bees , brain-parasite are all more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- being crushed by your own furniture is equal to terrorism in being a cause for your death

it is estimated that the number of deaths resulting from people opting to drive rather than flying because of post 9/11 airport inconvenience is greater than lives saved due to increased airport security.

I don't mind these people fighting for justice for wrongful killings but the campaign of misinformation that they can't walk out of their doors without the potential of getting shot needs to stop. People are believing it, and it is making them dangerous. There is no police brutality epidemic in this country. Are there cases of injustice? Yes, and they should be investigated.

I am so sick of seeing tweets, etc. like that - "my cousin won't come to visit us from Nigeria because of all these killings" etc.

I am so sick of seeing tweets, etc. like that - "my cousin won't come to visit us from Nigeria because of all these killings" etc.

Lol Nigeria has to be the most dangerous place in Africa

Maybe your cousin from Nigeria could come if he had a bodyguard. Please kindly provide the number of your bank account so that your Nigerian cousin can remit the sum of 100$ US to bank in the state of America for adequate protection from US police

True but since when have we've used logic and math when we allocate resources against what scares us

In the U.S.

– You are 35,079 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

– You are 33,842 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

- You are 23,528 times more likely to die from obesity than from a terrorist attack

- Medical errors, smoking, driving, (depression leading to suicide) are thousands of times more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- unsafe sex, falls, work place accidents, and nutritional deficiencies are hundreds of times more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- lightning, dogs, deer, Bees , brain-parasite are all more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack

- being crushed by your own furniture is equal to terrorism in being a cause for your death

it is estimated that the number of deaths resulting from people opting to drive rather than flying because of post 9/11 airport inconvenience is greater than lives saved due to increased airport security.

But you're just as likely to die from shoulder surgery as from a splenectomy.

The Bahamas did issue a travel warning for the US concerning police violence.

We wish to advise all Bahamians traveling to the US but especially to the affected cities to exercise appropriate caution generally. In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police.

The administration, of course, responded by issuing a travel warning for the Bahamas.

In the U.S.

The problem with this argument is that when you leave the rest of the world to fester and make significant poor foreign policy decisions as Obama has, you get the chaos and bloodshed that is currently going on.

Most of these shootings happen when someone doesn't comply, and they either wrestle or try to drive off. The intent to kill just isn't there.

However, given the opportunity, I have no doubt ISIS would strike at us consistently and strongly if they could. We must be vigilant and proactive when it comes to terrorism.

Edited by What a Tuel

Well, there you have it. The expected effect of the BLM movement yet again. Let's face it, we are now a nation at war. Anyone care to speculate on the racial background of the shooter? I haven't heard it mentioned on Fox or CNN.

We don't know anything for sure yet about the shooter.

There are conflicting reports on the number of policemen shot and dead.

However the fact that this attack was near a police station certainly it is reasonable to assume that this was a deliberate police targeting.

We don't know anything for sure yet about the shooter.

There are conflicting reports on the number of policemen shot and dead.

However the fact that this attack was near a police station certainly it is reasonable to assume that this was a deliberate police targeting..

Seven police shot. Three dead. One still critical.

But on the bright side for Democrats, another police officer funeral on TV for Obama to blame guns and racism.

Reports from law enforcement indicate one suspect dead and possibly at least two others at large. This looks like a conspiracy to kill police , a flat out ambush. Fox is calling it what it is saying we are at war. CNN saying it could be just one deranged individual and let's wait for all the facts. Did they do that for the officers involved in the shootings of the individuals in Baton Rouge and Minnesota? The BLM movement is now supporting anarchy. We need to give military support to our law enforcement or their resources will be spread so thinly that it will be a free for all of looting and shooting in many areas. It's time to recognize that this organization is a front for racism and lawlessness. Our Police officers are all that stands between the civilized folk that get up and go to work everyday and go about their business doing no harm, and lawless savages.

Whenever I hear of the inpending Cop War, who doesnt think of this hit song? I guess Chicago and other places are still dying... :-( :-( The arms race is even greater, back in 1930's the cops were really out gunned back then and gun restrictions had to be enacted. Are we really turning the clock back like some say? Doomed to make our parents and their parents mistakes again?

"Daddy was a cop on the east side of Chicago

Back in the U.S.A. back in the bad old days

In the heat of a summer night

In the land of the dollar bill

When the town of Chicago died

And they talk about it still

When a man named Al Capone

Tried to make that town his own

And he called his gang to war

With the forces of the law

I heard my mama cry

I heard her pray the night Chicago died

Brother what a night it really was

Brother what a fight it really was

Glory be!

I heard my mama cry

Brother what a night the people saw

Brother what a fight the people saw

Yes indeed!

And the sound of the battle rang

Through the streets of the old east side

'Til the last of the hoodlum gang

Had surrendered up or died

There was shouting in the street

And the sound of running feet

And I asked someone who said

"'Bout a hundred cops are dead!"

I heard my mama cry

Brother what a night it really was

Brother what a fight it really was

Glory be!

I heard my mama cry

Brother what a night the people saw

Brother what a fight the people saw

Yes indeed!

And there was no sound at all

But the clock upon the wall

Then the door burst open wide

And my daddy stepped inside

And he kissed my mama's face

And he brushed her tears away"

Reports from law enforcement indicate one suspect dead and possibly at least two others at large. This looks like a conspiracy to kill police , a flat out ambush. Fox is calling it what it is saying we are at war. CNN saying it could be just one deranged individual and let's wait for all the facts. Did they do that for the officers involved in the shootings of the individuals in Baton Rouge and Minnesota? The BLM movement is now supporting anarchy. We need to give military support to our law enforcement or their resources will be spread so thinly that it will be a free for all of looting and shooting in many areas. It's time to recognize that this organization is a front for racism and lawlessness. Our Police officers are all that stands between the civilized folk that get up and go to work everyday and go about their business doing no harm, and lawless savages.

Do what we did in the 1920s and 1930s get more government innvolved when innocent civilans were caught in crossfire.

Ramp up police, just like back then... Get the Fed innvolved... "Untouchables."

If nothing else, this and the Dallas shooting have defined this election as one of Law and order vs Hillary and the BLM organization.

Same law and order they fight against in Nevada?

That's different.

Hypocrites.

Do what we did in the 1920s and 1930s get more government innvolved when innocent civilans were caught in crossfire.

Ramp up police, just like back then... Get the Fed innvolved... "Untouchables."

Same law and order they fight against in Nevada?

That's different.

Hypocrites.

Defending property is the same as an ambush attack ?

Laughable comparison.

If nothing else, this and the Dallas shooting have defined this election as one of Law and order vs Hillary and the BLM organization.

Are you the poster from Austin that ran amuck of the law, or am I thinking the other poster w/the Jimmy Buffett screen name?

Defending property is the same as an ambush attack ?

Laughable comparison.

No it isnt, they were set up to ambush. To their credit in Nevada, they didn't and were using it as a scare tactic.

Defending your person, is, if not more important than property.

Dear Twitter, If I start killing cops like #BlackLivesMatterBlackHistoryMonth.png, can I get my own emoji too?

Black Lives Matter St. Paul just announced they cancelled today's protest at Rosedale Center.

The stark tragedy is that we have a black President uniquely able to address this situation. Unfortunately, he has another agenda.

Since we are going with comparisons...........

The leaders of #BlackLivesMatterBlackHistoryMonth.png are starting to sound like Islam apologists after terrorist attacks.

CnlJI38WYAE4Neh.jpg

We need to give military support to our law enforcement or their resources will be spread so thinly that it will be a free for all of looting and shooting in many areas. It's time to recognize that this organization is a front for racism and lawlessness. Our Police officers are all that stands between the civilized folk that get up and go to work everyday and go about their business doing no harm, and lawless savages.

I understand the anger and outrage over these attacks and in no way condone them -- but militarizing the police force should be the LAST thing anyone wants in this scenario. That will not only make a bad situation worse, it will accelerate the decay of our civil liberties to the point of no return.

Chloé Simone Valdary

20 mins ·

To automatically assume that police involved in the killing of black males were motivated by racism while simultaneously blaming violence on cops by minoritiesor Islamist terror against citizens on mere "gun violence" or "mental problems" is to suggest that only white people are autonomous, thinking, fully breathing people capable of acting out their own intentions. It is, ironically, paternalim that strips a minority of his humanness and makes a mockery of his being. He becomes no longer a person but an object to be used conveniently in a cynical, destructive narrative for political gain.

Edited by meazza

How does a "protest" get cancelled. Not that I agree w/the protests, etc... I just find it strange that they have set hours, etc... Lack of spontaneity.

I know, their have to be organized. It seems weird, set times, permits, etc...

They are protesting authority, yet submitting to authority.

That said, it is all about the power.

I understand the anger and outrage over these attacks and in no way condone them -- but militarizing the police force should be the LAST thing anyone wants in this scenario. That will not only make a bad situation worse, it will accelerate the decay of our civil liberties to the point of no return.

That is what they want on The Right, give 'em what they want.

Just be careful what people wish for!