Goodwin fails to make Olypmic team

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lf. On draft day he said track was done and he was concentrating 100% on football. Then we come to find out he has been training for track all along, continues to get hurt because he has not bulked up for the abuse of the NFL, says that he would choose track over football if it paid enough

Goodwin doesn't do track, he does Field.

having the longest jump in the world during the olympic year is meaningless.

not to mention, he chokes in the finals round. looking over his stats he struggles to perform at his best when.

the hamstrings are an excuse.

you were one of those saying he had olympic talent in the long jump.

you called me out for saying he doesn't.

now you're here perpetuating he is actually an olympic talent?! in what world do you live with your lies?

that's a joke, because i'm not sure he has played in 9 or 10 games in a season (maybe in his career).

Chokes in the finals? He made the Olympic team four years ago winning the trials.

I feel bad for the guy. He has the longest jump in the world this year. He may have been competing with a bad hamstring.

If the Olympics were like the Masters, he would have qualified by winning a track meet earlier in the year.

Interesting that he can't play football with an injury but he can long jump thru the pain.

Did they check him for a concussion after all those jumps. :flirt:

Thank god, there's hope for us yet.

How long before he tells us (again) that he's a football guy?

He already did........he said in that article that he was an NFL guy competing against track guys. :rolleyes:

A couple weeks ago he was saying he was a track guy who just paid the bills with football.

Now he is implying that his football career was an impediment to his long jump training :lol:.......when in actuality the real track guys wish they had the funding and free time that Glass had in preparation for these trials.

I don't get into the personal aspect of these guys much but how any Bills fans can like Goodwin enough to defend him with such vigor is beyond me.

I don't think his hammy was hurting him at all.......the sh*t he is full of probably just weighed him down.

I don't get into the personal aspect of these guys much but how any Bills fans can like Goodwin enough to defend him with such vigor is beyond me.

I don't think his hammy was hurting him at all.......the sh*t he is full of probably just weighed him down.

:lol: That's ridiculous. And it's hilarious you can call Goodwin out for being full of **** when you're literally making a post that is full of ****. Your work in the various Goodwin and shady threads show you LOVE to get into the personal aspect of players -- and then bungle those hot takes with your own misconceptions and narcissism.

You're so quick to celebrate a guy's failure because you personally don't like him then claim he's faking injuries (which you can't prove, and is absurd to anyone with a fully functioning frontal lobe).

Way to keep it classy.

:lol: That's ridiculous. And it's hilarious you can call Goodwin out for being full of **** when you're literally making a post that is full of ****. Your work in the various Goodwin and shady threads show you LOVE to get into the personal aspect of players -- and then bungle those hot takes with your own misconceptions and narcissism.

You're so quick to celebrate a guy's failure because you personally don't like him then claim he's faking injuries (which you can't prove, and is absurd to anyone with a fully functioning frontal lobe).

Way to keep it classy.

He didn't get the olympic medal you said he would. I see a trend here with your scorching hot takes. :beer:

His vacillation between whether track or football are his priorities is pretty funny........even a sore loser like you gotta' admit that.

Now he says he didn't qualify because he was an "NFL player competing against track guys". Classic. :lol:

Chokes in the finals? He made the Olympic team four years ago winning the trials.

look at the last 2-3 yrs since. He qualifies with great jumps then chokes in finals failing to reach the same distances.

Of course, his opponents are competitors and know the finals is where to bring it.

Field is different than track, but each flight is determined by your jumps and you're pooled based on finish. Goodwin is a great jumper, maybe excellent when comparing to the rest of the world but there are and were NCAA wrestlers better than he is and was the whole time.

He already did........he said in that article that he was an NFL guy competing against track guys. :rolleyes:

A couple weeks ago he was saying he was a track guy who just paid the bills with football.

Now he is implying that his football career was an impediment to his long jump training :lol:.......when in actuality the real track guys wish they had the funding and free time that Glass had in preparation for these trials.

there is nothing to debate on Goodwin personally. We do not know him. So we can't say but by all means he looks to be a great man. There are plenty of other suspect players out there. He's not.

The level of bitterness and nastiness toward Goodwin is ridiculous. Folks are taking things way too personally. 88 will make the team or he won't make the team and someone else will get a chance to make a difference. It's that simple. Happens in the NFL every year on every team.

The level of bitterness and nastiness toward Goodwin is ridiculous. Folks are taking things way too personally. 88 will make the team or he won't make the team and someone else will get a chance to make a difference. It's that simple. Happens in the NFL every year on every team.

agreed

He should get an automatic invite. Olympic trials are dumb when there are plenty of meets to qualify at.

Agree. I don't think other countries do it this way, or at least not all of them.

If you've never competed in an individual sport, it's difficult to explain and comprehend. Does Goodwin have the ability to compete at the Olympics? No question, he does. But Olympic qualifying in track and field is a one-meet qualifier. Win and you're in, lose and you're out. So you have to have everything go your way. You have to have your training peak at the exact time. Your body has to be perfect. The smallest thing can mess you up. Did you get too much sleep or not enough? Did you eat too much or not enough? Some athletes like Usain Bolt are just better, so they have a larger window for things to go wrong, yet still perform. Some sports provide for medal contender exceptions, with various criteria for that. I don't know the rules for track and field.

As far as those joking about him being hurt again, have your fun. As far as those saying he choked, you're wrong. Bottom line is that at the time of the Olympic Trials, Goodwin's body was incapable of delivering a qualifying jump. That's the nature of individual sports. My son was in an Olympic sport, and each meet was different. Some meets he had PB's in each event. Other meets he was 1-3 seconds off his PB. We came to realize that there are so many factors that go into it that it's nearly impossible to predict. If you don't have it that day, you just don't have it.

He should get an automatic invite. Olympic trials are dumb when there are plenty of meets to qualify at.

No kidding. The Bills went to 4 straight SBs--they shouldn't have to "qualify" for the playoffs every year.

He didn't get the olympic medal you said he would. I see a trend here with your scorching hot takes. :beer:

His vacillation between whether track or football are his priorities is pretty funny........even a sore loser like you gotta' admit that.

Now he says he didn't qualify because he was an "NFL player competing against track guys". Classic. :lol:

When did I ever say he'd medal? Right I didn't, you just made it up like you make up most of your takes.

Like I said, takes a lot of balls to call out Goodwin for being full of **** (with just speculation mind you, not evidence) while you constantly lie and post things that are full of **** and your own bloated narcissism.

All I've ever said about this topic is that the length some folks are going through to hate on a guy for chasing his dreams -- especially a borderline roster guy who has the teams permission to do so -- says more about them than it does about Goodwin.

Once again, you've shown yourself to be an ass.

there is nothing to debate on Goodwin personally. We do not know him. So we can't say but by all means he looks to be a great man. There are plenty of other suspect players out there. He's not.

Of course you're right, but that hasn't or won't stop some from doing that. Hell, some here are saying he's faking concussions and injuries and lying to the team when there's no evidence of such actions.

But haters gotta hate.