Jake Long?

cage

Very little difference between LT and RT. I would bring him in. The RT situation is at best not good and there is no good back-up options for LT.

Sign Gilmore then use the cap savings to bring Long in.

Seattle will sign him to veteran minimum deal. Give him one year guaranteed $750K.

I don't know why a guy who's made over $70M in his career and has had to deal with the injuries he's had would come back for a low dollar deal, but he did with the Falcons last season. Maybe he is trying to show he can still be a top quality player and is willing to take a small, one year deal in hopes of one more big payday after. I'd sure take him for that year if he is. The point about depth is on point. Right now we're sitting here hoping that a second OT emerges to play RT. But the scary question is what happens if Glenn goes down? The Bills might really be hurting at both OT spots.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now we're sitting here hoping that a second OT emerges to play RT. But the scary question is what happens if Glenn goes down? The Bills might really be hurting at both OT spots.

I would be in for this reason. If Mills proves adequate as a low end right tackle starter then our line would probably be fine.... but if we lose Glenn then what? Mills at LT? Koundjo? Richie out there? It would be desperation stakes. If we could find a way to do a 1 year deal with Long then even though his play has gone downhill the past couple of years you might find a vet upgrade at RT who has NFL stater experience at LT if the worst happens with Cordy.

Only if he plays for Vet minimum. Stop saying sign him if none of you know how much the guy wants.

Actually, anyone can say anything they want.

And that's aside from the fact that, right now, the team has about $12M in cap room. I doubt the guy wants $12M/year, so I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure the team can afford him if they want him.

Given that he can't even get a tryout from anyone other than the Bears, who appear to have brought him in merely for leverage with the Nate Chandler negotiations, I'm going to go ahead and guess he's not commanding top dollar.

Now lighten up their, Francis.

Actually, anyone can say anything they want.

And that's aside from the fact that, right now, the team has about $12M in cap room. I doubt the guy wants $12M/year, so I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure the team can afford him if they want him.

Given that he can't even get a tryout from anyone other than the Bears, who appear to have brought him in merely for leverage with the Nate Chandler negotiations, I'm going to go ahead and guess he's not commanding top dollar.

Now lighten up their, Francis.

Doesn't have to be top dollar buddy. If he wants more then he is worth which is nothing more then Vet minimum.

Doesn't have to be top dollar buddy. If he wants more then he is worth which is nothing more then Vet minimum.

And so I'll ask: what on earth could possibly make you think that a guy that signed for the vet minimum last year, played a grand total of 11 snaps, can't get a tryout, and has to be plugged on the league's website to even get his name mentioned is looking for anything above the vet minimum?

And so I'll ask: what on earth could possibly make you think that a guy that signed for the vet minimum last year, played a grand total of 11 snaps, can't get a tryout, and has to be plugged on the league's website to even get his name mentioned is looking for anything above the vet minimum?

B.c he believes he is healthy finally. He thinks he is going to be back to his probowl level. "Can't get a tryout" is all I need to see to know he probably wants more or he isn't as healthy as he thinks.

B.c he believes he is healthy finally. He thinks he is going to be back to his probowl level. "Can't get a tryout" is all I need to see to know he probably wants more or he isn't as healthy as he thinks.

No, it means that not too many people are interested in a 31-year old tackle with chronic injury issues that hasn't started a game in nearly 2 years.

You're trying too hard here.

No, it means that not too many people are interested in a 31-year old tackle with chronic injury issues that hasn't started a game in nearly 2 years.

You're trying too hard here.

No I am not trying at all. Just saying what I believe which doesn't take any effort. People here just want Rex "to sign him" and that is dumb. Edited by Beef Jerky

At this point does Long have the physicality to play RT? He's been injured a lot. Can he move? Whaley is pretty good at picking up competition for the roster off the street, so if Long hasn't been signed yet...

He never got on the field really for the Falcons. They brought him in as insurance then Their tackles played pretty good.
Now the interior of the line was horrible. Levitre was god awful!!

That was one guy I was glad the Bills let walk. He was good for the Bills but not worth the type of contract the Titans gave him.

For what it will cost it is absolutely worth it. Even if it is a little above the veteran minimum. The worst case scenario is that he isn't any better and you cut him. It costs you a small investment. The best case scenario is that you've improved your line (and depth) without committing a lot of resources. It is low risk, high reward. It looks like the Sabres deal yesterday.

Edited by Kirby Jackson