Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Don't be impatient. Nylander was the youngest hockey player in the AHL. It's just going to take time for him to physically mature. He comes from a hockey family so he knows what it takes to play in the big league. When he is ready, maybe in 2019, he is going to be a top two line player. This is the case where you have to trust the process and allow him the right amount of developmental time.

Well, if you're a Buffalo sports' fan, you are forced to learn patience. I'm okay waiting.

Edited by Dr. Who

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't be impatient. Nylander was the youngest hockey player in the AHL. It's just going to take time for him to physically mature. He comes from a hockey family so he knows what it takes to play in the big league. When he is ready, maybe in 2019, he is going to be a top two line player. This is the case where you have to trust the process and allow him the right amount of developmental time.

GMTM's process apparently is similar to the process of building the pyramids. If the guy sucks in the AHL, he probably sucks. Just because he had family in the pros doesn't mean much. Too many other of Murray's decisions have floundered for too long to assume any individual one will eventually flourish. Could it happen? Sure. But Murray's past results make it seem unlikely. He really needs to be shown the door and there is more than enough evidence of that.

Wow, WGR finally updated its website to the 20th century

I was thrown off-balance by the new site. It has a more modern look to it.

GMTM's process apparently is similar to the process of building the pyramids. If the guy sucks in the AHL, he probably sucks. Just because he had family in the pros doesn't mean much. Too many other of Murray's decisions have floundered for too long to assume any individual one will eventually flourish. Could it happen? Sure. But Murray's past results make it seem unlikely. He really needs to be shown the door and there is more than enough evidence of that.

Getting rid of a developing player because of one's disgruntlement is simply stupid.

I'm not advocating getting rid of Nylander. I'm advocating getting rid of the guy who picks guys like Nylander.

Nylander was a terrific draft pick. If you want to criticize Murray in general that's fine. But to criticize him for picking a prospect who was selected where he should have been selected is foolish. He's not ready now and he probably won't be ready next year. But in the not too distant future he is going to be a prized player. You will probably still complain about that it took too long for him to be ready to play in the NHL. To each their own.

Nylander was a terrific draft pick. If you want to criticize Murray in general that's fine. But to criticize him for picking a prospect who was selected where he should have been selected is foolish. He's not ready now and he probably won't be ready next year. But in the not too distant future he is going to be a prized player. You will probably still complain about that it took too long for him to be ready to play in the NHL. To each their own.

It is not my intent to complain about any one player. I'm just pointing out that Murray has made a lot of predictions and produced no results. Some players are good and some have failed. Overall the team is TERRIBLE. Continuing to believe the crass and obnoxious combined version of PT Barnum and a blind squirrel seems like a bad idea. Maybe he found a nut with Nylander but he is still a blind squirrel.

John C, Snafu, Ricojes: Thanks for the good hockey talk and insight. I live in Atlanta where they put hockey below the WNBA.

I am really looking forward to some young blood on the blue line. As far as top six, I was hoping Nylander would be ready for next year, but I heard he has been a disappointment so far.

is that still around (homer Simpson voice)

John, you realize who you are arguing with, right?

I need to stop. Futile to engage. I would rather argue with you. More often than not when I get involved with you I come out learning something new.

This season has been very disappointing---especially after entering the season with higher expectations. One of the benefits of this slide is that the Sabres might come out of this with a top tier prospect in this draft.

I need to stop. Futile to engage. I would rather argue with you. More often than not when I get involved with you I come out learning something new.

This season has been very disappointing---especially after entering the season with higher expectations. One of the benefits of this slide is that the Sabres might come out of this with a top tier prospect in this draft.

Have you looked at this year's draft much? I haven't, but I always see people saying it is weak. I just wonder if that is due to the lack of a true top guy or if it is across the draft as a whole. We've had an incredible run of top end guys in the draft in recent years, so it had to end sooner or later. This is the first time since 2011 (Nugent-Hopkins) and 2012 (Yakupov) where the top guy isn't hyped through the roof leading up to the draft. Hopefully there is something good there for us. I know we had the best player available talk a week or so back and they should be going that route again. I just hope that BPA just so happens to be a defenseman.

John C, Snafu, Ricojes: Thanks for the good hockey talk and insight. I live in Atlanta where they put hockey below the WNBA.

I am really looking forward to some young blood on the blue line. As far as top six, I was hoping Nylander would be ready for next year, but I heard he has been a disappointment so far.

Nylander will be good and has been far from a disappointment, keep in mind he just turned 19 on March 2nd. He needs to fill out his frame a little, just like Reinhardt when he was drafted.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2017/01/12/roth-s-right-back-work-sabres-top-prospect/96511340/

Edited by ricojes

Nylander will be good and has been far from a disappointment, keep in mind he just turned 19 on March 2nd. He needs to fill out his frame a little, just like Reinhardt when he was drafted.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2017/01/12/roth-s-right-back-work-sabres-top-prospect/96511340/

Thanks for the link. That's encouraging.

Have you looked at this year's draft much? I haven't, but I always see people saying it is weak. I just wonder if that is due to the lack of a true top guy or if it is across the draft as a whole. We've had an incredible run of top end guys in the draft in recent years, so it had to end sooner or later. This is the first time since 2011 (Nugent-Hopkins) and 2012 (Yakupov) where the top guy isn't hyped through the roof leading up to the draft. Hopefully there is something good there for us. I know we had the best player available talk a week or so back and they should be going that route again. I just hope that BPA just so happens to be a defenseman.

Here's a good look at what players are excelling and are expected to be chosen at the top of the draft. Nolan Patrick has held the top spot all year despite being injured, but the kid from Switzerland has gained some ground.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/sportsnets-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-january/

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. lkyxL3tq_200x200.jpg

SABRES (28-30-12) at KINGS (33-29-7)

THU MAR 16, 2017 @ 10:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 339)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 70 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 34 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 20 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 6 games
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body, March 5) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/13: Recalled F Hudson Fasching from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, March 17: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
Monday, March 20: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 21: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 25: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 27: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at KINGS
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Kings this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Los Angeles 6-3 in Buffalo on Dec. 13, 2016
The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Kings; 2-7-1 on the road
This is the 121st game all-time between Buffalo and Los Angeles; Buffalo has a 59-42-19 series record.
The Sabres are 24-26-10 on the road against the Kings all-time.

Morning Skate: March 16, 2017 at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Staples Center

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres looking for consistency entering final stretch of games: http://bufsabres.co/OlA0Dt

C7AC5IMXAAAPXat.jpg