Jags to deploy no-huddle this season - bad news for Bills?

I'm not a football "expert" and I'm a fan of Rex's D going back many years. A no- huddle offense seems like bad news though for a D that has many checks at the LOS. I like the fact that the Bills get Jags at home but will the noise factor make up for the quick snaps?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666886/article/jags-plan-to-deploy-nohuddle-offense-more-in-2016?campaign=Twitter_atn

Oh and I love the Jags offensive weapons.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a football "expert" and I'm a fan of Rex's D going back many years. A no- huddle offense seems like bad news though for a D that has many checks at the LOS. I like the fact that the Bills get Jags at home but will the noise factor make up for the quick snaps?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666886/article/jags-plan-to-deploy-nohuddle-offense-more-in-2016?campaign=Twitter_atn

Talk to me when they are not picking at the top of the draft every year.

Talk to me when they are not picking at the top of the draft every year.

Their offense was not the reason for that last year it was their shocking D. It is put up or shut up time for Bradley and the Jaguars this year though. I quietly fancy them to contend in what I think will be an improved AFC South but if they don't a house cleaning will follow.

DOOOOOmed! My God man that is St. Dougs o-line.

seriously though their upward trend may be headed in a more vertical direction than the Ryan bros.

Nothing to do with maroon though.

time will tell I guess.

I remember Dick Jauron's failed No Huddle/No O-line offense that turned Trent Edwards into Captain Check-Down. I don't follow the Jags enough to know if their O-line is up to the challenge of a no-huddle offense, or not. But, I think that some analysts were expecting them to address O-line in the draft, and they didn't. I think.

But the other question: Is Blake Bortles good enough? Or will he be ruined?

I remember Dick Jauron's failed No Huddle/No O-line offense that turned Trent Edwards into Captain Check-Down. I don't follow the Jags enough to know if their O-line is up to the challenge of a no-huddle offense, or not. But, I think that some analysts were expecting them to address O-line in the draft, and they didn't. I think.

It's mostly on the QB. If he's good then the no huddle can be a powerful weapon. If not then it only amplifies his ineptitude, IMO. So, we'll see how good Bortles is I guess. Edited by vincec

Is this the same high powered no-huddle that Marrone and Hackett implemented in Buffalo? Im shaking over here.

LOL

Seems to me that the only thing that Ryan has to worry about is himself and his brother. If he can take care of that we'll be worlds ahead of where we were last season.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Bortles is a huge question mark for that team. Didn't Marrone bring in David Lee to

Coach up the wildcat in Buffalo? or was it Chan? Didn't work. isn't he The Same David Lee that is now Tyrods QB coach?

I have doubts about him.

It's mostly on the QB. If he's good then the no huddle can be a powerful weapon. If not then it only amplifies his ineptitude, IMO. So, we'll see how good Bortles is I guess.

Bortles had 35 TDs last season, one less than Brady tied for 2nd in the league. There's no reason to suspect he'll do much less this season. He's got great WRs, Robinson and Hurns, both of which by the way were in Sammy's draft, and both of whom have outplayed Sammy on a per-start basis.

If Yeldon improves they could be the best offense in the AFC behind the Pats. They drafted nothing but D and by all counts did a bang-up job. Ramsey alone should yield immediate benefits on D there.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Bortles had 35 TDs last season, one less than Brady tied for 2nd in the league. There's no reason to suspect he'll do much less this season. He's got great WRs, Robinson and Hurns, both of which by the way were in Sammy's draft, and both of whom have outplayed Sammy on a per-start basis.

If Yeldon improves they could be the best offense in the AFC behind the Pats. They drafted nothing but D and by all counts did a bang-up job. Ramsey alone should yield immediate benefits on D there.

i agree with this. Fowler coming back along with Jack and Ramsey is a crazy amount of talent added to their D. The jags could be very good this year

Is this the same high powered no-huddle that Marrone and Hackett implemented in Buffalo? Im shaking over here.

So, will this be like Rex playing the Jets? A Secret Super Bowl?

It's mostly on the QB. If he's good then the no huddle can be a powerful weapon. If not then it only amplifies his ineptitude, IMO. So, we'll see how good Bortles is I guess.

But, wouldn't you agree that the success of a no-huddle is also predicated on the QB having time in the pocket?

I'm not a football "expert" and I'm a fan of Rex's D going back many years. A no- huddle offense seems like bad news though for a D that has many checks at the LOS. I like the fact that the Bills get Jags at home but will the noise factor make up for the quick snaps?http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666886/article/jags-plan-to-deploy-nohuddle-offense-more-in-2016?campaign=Twitter_atn

So more INTs you say...

But, wouldn't you agree that the success of a no-huddle is also predicated on the QB having time in the pocket?

I don't think the no huddle requires any more pass protection than a huddling offense. In fact, the idea is that you go so fast and put so much pressure on the defense that they have to limit their calls and go more "vanilla". This would actually help the pass protection and allow the QBs to make simpler reads, therefore getting the ball out quicker.