Doom articles in the buffalo media are driving me nuts.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to. The franchise is very profitable regardless of what the Buffalo News or any other outlet might say about them. Why would they change?

Agreed, the press is more of an annoyance now then anything. Pegs is sleeping now, that's why there's no accountability and no sense of urgency at OBD. If they don't make the playoffs this year without totally tanking, "Oh well, we tried, what bad luck...next year's the year, Pegs"..Change after this season only happens IMO if the fanbase gets as loud as the press; that may wake him up.

Edited by Rico

A lot of hay has been made in this thread, and others, from Rex, and the FO being misleading, especially regarding injuries. But, isn't this simply SOP from, I'm going to say, ALL 32 NFL teams? When was the last time someone took the injury report from Belichick*, and the Patriots* at face value? Were Rex, and Doug NOT holding their cards close to the chest, we should be concerned.

Take a pill.

A Chill Pill?

Anyone who has been a fan of this team for some time knows the script.

Don't get your expectations up, an 8 win season is considered successful.

Just enjoy that there is a team in Buffalo.

Wins and Losses are not important. Profit is.

A formula is being followed to hype up off season only to sh*t the bed during the season to maximize hope which in turn profit. They have perfected it.

And that is why I always say, " Best time to be a Bills fan is the offseason"

Media is just butt hurt from the new reporting guidelines.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Agreed, the press is more of an annoyance now then anything. Pegs is sleeping now, that's why there's no accountability and no sense of urgency at OBD. If they don't make the playoffs this year without totally tanking, "Oh well, we tried, what bad luck...next year's the year, Pegs"..Change after this season only happens IMO if the fanbase gets as loud as the press; that may wake him up.

How would you fix it?

How would you fix it?

No playoffs this year? Get rid of anyone that directly worked for Ralph and the people these lifers hired, and truly start anew.

As stated by Leroi above:

A formula is being followed to hype up off season only to sh*t the bed during the season to maximize hope which in turn profit. They have perfected it.

That's the tried-and-true Russ Brandon formula. If the team does somehow end up winning, great,,, if it doesn't, oh well, we did the best we could and brought in a lot of money. I do believe that sooner or later, Pegs will wake up, get serious about winning, and bring in someone who knows how to truly run an NFL organization. I don't know when that happens though, but when/if it does, I think it will coincide with major fan unrest.

Edited by Rico

No playoffs this year? Get rid of anyone that directly worked for Ralph and the people these lifers hired, and truly start anew.

As stated by Leroi above:

That's the tried-and-true Russ Brandon formula. If the team does somehow end up winning, great,,, if it doesn't, oh well, we did the best we could and brought in a lot of money. I do believe that sooner or later, Pegs will wake up, get serious about winning, and bring in someone who knows how to truly run an NFL organization. I don't know when that happens though, but when/if it does, I think it will coincide with major fan unrest.

I was hoping Pegs would clean house when he bought the team (well after the season) but with making Brandon in Charge of Sabres too I think he will be around for awhile.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

A Chill Pill?

Imo

Playoffs make even more profit.

My take is simple. I'm glad Vic actually commented on the staff's position, meaning he's aware of the public's opinions. I feel they are there to sell papers in a dry part of the NFL summer season. The Bills earned the bad press nationally given the off the bus comments by Whaley, their ridiculous media policy which encouraged the exact opposite, Whaley's comments on football (which was blown way out of proportion).

We have missed the playoffs for 16 years, and a lot of people believe Rex was a mistake. He was able to get his side of the story out with MMQB, and seemed like a calculated move.

The sky is not falling, and we have a chance to dramatically improve in the defense with the draft, and a second year in a system. There is also a lot of comments they have simplified some terminology, and enabling players to react on defense. That is one of Sade's strengths is letting his defensive players react quickly.

I've been skeptical for awhile, but I want to billieve it will be better this year. If I don't like a Bills story, or don't agree, I just stop ready my it.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday guys, drink lots of adult beverages, fill yourself up on hot dogs, and cheeseburgers, and if possible, say a prayer for our veterans who have sacrificed so much for all of us. I try and remind my kids today should be fun, but freedom is not free, and always thank a person in the military when you see them around town. My friends in the military really do appreciate it when civilians make a nice comment. Reminds them, why they do it.

My take is simple. I'm glad Vic actually commented on the staff's position, meaning he's aware of the public's opinions. I feel they are there to sell papers in a dry part of the NFL summer season. The Bills earned the bad press nationally given the off the bus comments by Whaley, their ridiculous media policy which encouraged the exact opposite, Whaley's comments on football (which was blown way out of proportion).

We have missed the playoffs for 16 years, and a lot of people believe Rex was a mistake. He was able to get his side of the story out with MMQB, and seemed like a calculated move.

The sky is not falling, and we have a chance to dramatically improve in the defense with the draft, and a second year in a system. There is also a lot of comments they have simplified some terminology, and enabling players to react on defense. That is one of Sade's strengths is letting his defensive players react quickly.

I've been skeptical for awhile, but I want to billieve it will be better this year. If I don't like a Bills story, or don't agree, I just stop ready my it.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday guys, drink lots of adult beverages, fill yourself up on hot dogs, and cheeseburgers, and if possible, say a prayer for our veterans who have sacrificed so much for all of us. I try and remind my kids today should be fun, but freedom is not free, and always thank a person in the military when you see them around town. My friends in the military really do appreciate it when civilians make a nice comment. Reminds them, why they do it.

Very good post!

The last paragraph especially so !!

I agree completely, well stated. Today is about those that have given their all to sustain our way of life and country. Remember and never forget.

Well said sir

Veterans+Day+salute.jpg

A Chill Pill?

Imo

Very accurate!!

Well said sir

Veterans+Day+salute.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

that was a good read. Thanks for posting!

Vic likes putting a negative spin on all his news lately. It just seems like herd mentality. Most of these guys aren't real reporters, they just cover the team like a gossip rag and interject their opinions into anything someone with any connection to the team says.

There is no need to. The franchise is very profitable regardless of what the Buffalo News or any other outlet might say about them. Why would they change?

Exactly.

Exciting HC lands exciting QB, then hires exciting twin brother.

Exciting = season ticket sales.

Winning = season ticket sales.

Exciting is a lot easier.