ESPN: Ryans planning to take control.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to visit an alternate universe where Todd Bowles coaches the Bills and missed the playoffs because his team couldn't beat an allegedly inferior Jets team twice. I'd love to read the TSW comments in that universe.

I'd love to visit an alternate universe where Todd Bowles coaches the Bills and missed the playoffs because his team couldn't beat an allegedly inferior Jets team twice. I'd love to read the TSW comments in that universe.

Luckily, you live in the universe where Pete Carrol is an inferior coach to Jeff Fisher. Your reality is stranger than fiction.

Again, well said.

You have to give a coach longer then a year to determine if its the right coach for your team chan

But you can also include their history in your assessment. So far, not so good in Rexy's case.

Yes....u do realize that RR has been our coach for one season correct?

ok.....what non bad HC was available at the time we hired RR

Wasn't Hue Jackson interviewed?

Can you seriously not see that Rex Ryan BEGAN the rebuild?

Stop with the "no buffalo bill can ever do wrong," bull **** and get your head out of the sand.

When a HC dismantles an already successful defense, insists upon putting the success of the offense on a !@#$ing career backup, then stabs his GM's back ..... Well, my friend - that's a !@#$ing rebuild.

haha your daddy called you sparky. he has cute nicknames for all his girls. sparky. squirrel face. ryan. mr ags.

the talent matchup of the two teams makes it implausible to believe the jets roster could beat the bills roster.

matching up the jets abilities on the outside runs to our ability to run outside - huge favor bills.

ability to run in the middle to the jets - favor bills.

receivers - jets advantage

tight ends - null

ol - nulll with slight bills favor.

more in depth...

we had too many good coverage db's who can cover 3 too well. we left both outside to press decker and marshall. decker still owned us in game1.

we let ivory run and run and run on us because we were not conditioned enough down the stretch of the game. we had no answers for him late in the game and if fitz would have found momentum or a lucky break we would have lost the first game.

in game 2 marshall owned us. we had no answers to shut down their two headed passing attack despite having a great cb tandem (mckelvin starting, i still considered him good).

we won game 2 because of sammy watkins on offense and fitzpatrick making mistakes. we had the best wr on the field that day and they had the worst qb on the field that day. most games like that means the best wr wins.

basically, by the time you fully extrapolate all of the info there was little, almost no reason, to believe we would lose either game.

John the first post in the thread makes reference to the Ryans stabbing Whaley in the back and bringing in their own GM. The very next post is you saying you'd have no problem with any of it. I'm curious are you giving up on Whaley?

Let's face it, some people here only have something to say when it's negative. If the Bills do well they lose their soapbox.

Let's face it, some people here only have something to say when it's negative. If the Bills do well they lose their soapbox.

Yet another reason why I want the Bills (and Sabres) to do well . . . .

Did they improve from 4 wins to 10 in your universe?

Did they improve from 4 wins to 10 in your universe?

They did...but they didn't make the playoffs so they have to cut and fire everyone.

If you're suggesting I'm one of those then you are wrong.

You know which.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

John the first post in the thread makes reference to the Ryans stabbing Whaley in the back and bringing in their own GM. The very next post is you saying you'd have no problem with any of it. I'm curious are you giving up on Whaley?

Aaron,

In looking back at the thread I want to apologize to everyone as I did not read the WHOLE thread

"

The implication is that Rex is now "all in" meaning that if he is going to go down then he is going to go down "his way". "His way" means that Rex is going to surround himself with people who believe in him as a HC and in his defensive philosophy. He has added Ed Reed and vet DC Rob Ryan already, which fortifies that thought. He has also let guys like star player DE Mar. Williams fly the coup because they were not "all in". He seems seriously pissed at Mario for the way that he behaved last year.

ESPN seemed to think that if push comes to shove that the Ryans will stick together (they are very close after all) and overtake Whaley if need be in order to stay employed with the Bills and then eventually usher in THEIR choice for the new Bills' GM job"

This is the part of the thread that I was commenting on....meaning that if Rex was going to go down....he was going to do it "his way" and was gonna surround himself with people that believe in him. Bringing in his brother....bringing in his former players as coaches that were respected.

I apologize for not catching the reference to "overtaking" Whaley at the end of the post. Although I really dont see the disconnect with Rex and Whaley the way there was with Whaley and Marrone.

But you can also include their history in your assessment. So far, not so good in Rexy's case.

Wasn't Hue Jackson interviewed?

And if we are going to include history.....we also have to include 2 AFC Championship games with an inferior QB and a strong defense....that happened as well. As a matter a fact IMO that is what the deciding factor was. Out of all the coaches that were interviewed Rex was the ONLY coach that had that kind of success.

Hue Jackson was actually high on my list...but he still falls under the umbrella of "no post season success as a HC"

Are you for real?

THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD SAID:

You immediately replied to that saying you had no problem with it.

Do you understand now?

Other things that may need further explaining:

2+2 = 4

The sky is blue

Water is wet

I'll research that and get back to you. I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll go to the top of this thread or the UFO thread. How's the badminton tourney going?

4mer,

I would have given up by now. You are a patient one and I give you credit. It ain't worth repeating again and again and again. I hear ya though.

Edited by Dopey

seems to me Whales and Rex get along all too well.
Doug has become less disciplined lately when speaking and i swear he almost laughed a couple times.

Beside the w/L record i think the FO is all in /

The more I hear about the Ryan Brothers, the less optimistic I am for the '16 season... Perhaps we should just wait to see what these two (jagoffs)- come up with?... -No point in getting bummed out before training camp even starts.

We should have hired Jim Harbaugh.

Did they even try or just let him go to Michigan?

I would have paid him 20 million a yr but probably could have gotten him at 10.

Michigan is going to be awesome and will be a national contender again.

Would have loved this, but I'm happy he's at Michigan. GO BLUE!!!

I agree 3/12. Whaley's making the same blunders in front of the media. Just kidding as what he said the other day was out of context, but making the getting off the bus claim was dumb. I continue to like what Whaley has done overall, not cherry picking one pick or another, but his complete body of work. I may be skeptical on RR, but I do agree he should go all in on his way, and see what happens. If he blows, he'll be gone in two years. He made some roster and coaching changes so now it's a matter of will it work.

Being a positive but not Pollyanna Bills fan, I want it to work, just skeptical. I actually enjoyed the MMQB article when you read it in it's totality, vs. sound bites, it was quite interesting to read their perspective. Now shut up and do it, stop talking about it.

I do think this interview was very calculated to get the brothers point of view out, and if they are smart, they just move on. It would be nice to see a Bills defense playing like Rexxy's 2009 and 2010 defenses at he Jets. He brought the coaches in, he drafted the kind of players he wanted, he and Whaley dipped into free agency the previous year to infuse talent on offense, and it worked with Roman going from 28th to 13th. Now, can he have a top 3 defense his way with a top 10-13 offense?

If that happens, we're 11-5 in a much tougher schedule. I don't want to hear it changes from year to year. Yes it does, but how many people really think the following teams will suck this year, Patriots, Jets, Patriots, Jets, Cardinals, Seahawks, Steelers, and Bengals. the other thing is the Raiders and Jags look like they will be better this year. Lastly, I never count out the Ravens as they've only had really two out of the last nine seasons not a playoff team. I have too much respect for John Harbaugh and Ozzy Newsome to think they will suck again this year.