ESPN: Ryans planning to take control.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, in the other thread on this exact same topic, I said the Ryans are delusional. But there is no way they are this out of touch reality---to think that if the season goes in the tank, the Pegulas are going to keep them...and let them dictate the new GM??

This is awesome stuff.

Im really not understanding the "stab Whaley in the back" thing

Could explain further on this?

Sure no problem. Even Ryan will be able to understand it.

In the original post of this thread the text below was written as part :

ESPN seemed to think that if push comes to shove that the Ryans will stick together (they are very close after all) and overtake Whaley if need be in order to stay employed with the Bills and then eventually usher in THEIR choice for the new Bills' GM job.

The next post was you saying

I dont have a problem with any of this

Now don't get me wrong, I know the original quote is some baloney ESPN made up but you still wrote you would not have a problem with any of it. I would have thought that just about anyone would have a problem with that.

Ok, in the other thread on this exact same topic, I said the Ryans are delusional. But there is no way they are this out of touch reality---to think that if the season goes in the tank, the Pegulas are going to keep them...and let them dictate the new GM??

This is awesome stuff.

I think Whaley is safe and Rex is not....which is why Rex is gonna do it his way this year all the way

Sure no problem. Even Ryan will be able to understand it.

In the original post of this thread the text below was written as part :

The next post was you saying

Now don't get me wrong, I know the original quote is some baloney ESPN made up but you still wrote you would not have a problem with any of it. I would have thought that just about anyone would have a problem with that.

No...I asked you to expand on why Whaley is getting a knife in the back.

You have not answered that question.

No...I asked you to expand on why Whaley is getting a knife in the back.

You have not answered that question.

No offense but if I have to explain this again, apparently you can't read. The original post made a reference to Whaley getting stabbed in the back. You immediately posted that you would not have a problem with anything in the post. You gave a vague answer to my first question, which was a little vague itself, so I made my question more specific. Go back and re-read the thread. Maybe you just missed the Whaley part in the OP before you responded to not having a problem with it.

Now do I think Ryan would do this to Whaley? Not really. I think ESPN made it up. But it is in the OP and you said you had no problem with the OP.

No offense but if I have to explain this again, apparently you can't read. The original post made a reference to Whaley getting stabbed in the back. You immediately posted that you would not have a problem with anything in the post. You gave a vague answer to my first question, which was a little vague itself, so I made my question more specific. Go back and re-read the thread. Maybe you just missed the Whaley part in the OP before you responded to not having a problem with it.

Now do I think Ryan would do this to Whaley? Not really. I think ESPN made it up. But it is in the OP and you said you had no problem with the OP.

What makes you think that Whaley is getting stabbed in the back? Do you have anything specific you can point to?

by my count you made TWO references to Whaley getting stabbed in the back in this thread......

What I got from the ESPN conversation is that there is the possibility that IF things go bad for the Bills this year that Whaley and the Ryans would be in survival mode with each blaming the other for the losing season in hopes that one group would be retained instead of BOTH groups being dismissed. It would become a power struggle of sorts at a certain point in the season.

This kind of thing happens a lot when a high profile HC is involved.

I remember when B. Cowher and T. Donahoe had their power struggle. The Rooneys eventually entrusted Cowher with both the GM and HC duties.

There comes a point in time when a high profile HC realizes that he can't win if he isn't able to acquire the type of players that he desires. When a GM and HC don't work towards the same goal (i.e. the GM doesn't totally believe in what the HC is doing) then that doesn't always happen.

However, it appears to me that Whaley is doing everything that he can to help Ryan obtain the players he needs. In fact, it seems to me that Ryan is telling Whaley what to do and Whaley is trying to fulfill his every want. The problem they have is that as a team they have not managed the salary cap very well AND have built the team ass-backwards.

They should have worked to acquire a franchise QB as a top priority either through the draft or by trade. Instead, they have tried to fill every other position first and then paid many of those players very handsomely. Now they have to hope and even stake their own jobs on a lower level player like T. Taylor being able to carry the team on his shoulders in 2016 and beyond.

It wasn't the best plan and if Taylor doesn't produce this year both Whaley and Ryan could find themselves out of a job.

From what I heard on ESPN radio this morning it sounds as though ESPN believes that Rex and Rob Ryan are planning to espouse their control of the Bills this season. This all stems from the fact that Vic Carruci reported back in January 2015 that the Pegulas issued an ultimatum to both Whaley and Rex Ryan that either they get the Bills into the playoffs in 2016 or they will both be fired.

The implication is that Rex is now "all in" meaning that if he is going to go down then he is going to go down "his way". "His way" means that Rex is going to surround himself with people who believe in him as a HC and in his defensive philosophy. He has added Ed Reed and vet DC Rob Ryan already, which fortifies that thought. He has also let guys like star player DE Mar. Williams fly the coup because they were not "all in". He seems seriously pissed at Mario for the way that he behaved last year.

ESPN seemed to think that if push comes to shove that the Ryans will stick together (they are very close after all) and overtake Whaley if need be in order to stay employed with the Bills and then eventually usher in THEIR choice for the new Bills' GM job.

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Of course, winning solves all.

Everyone but Boyst is pissed at Mario

I hate to be a naysayer. I'm really trying to find a hint of optimism. But reading that just made me feel like this team is going to be a 4-win team (after 17 weeks, not 4).

I don't see this as good news. At all.

all part of the roguetank plan.

I still dont

And your not answer the question even though multiple people are asking it

Are you for real?

THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD SAID:

You immediately replied to that saying you had no problem with it.

Do you understand now?

Other things that may need further explaining:

2+2 = 4

The sky is blue

Water is wet

What makes you think that Whaley is getting stabbed in the back? Do you have anything specific you can point to?

I'll research that and get back to you. I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll go to the top of this thread or the UFO thread. How's the badminton tourney going?

Are you for real?

THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD SAID:

You immediately replied to that saying you had no problem with it.

Do you understand now?

Other things that may need further explaining:

2+2 = 4

The sky is blue

Water is wet

I'll research that and get back to you. I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll go to the top of this thread or the UFO thread. How's the badminton tourney going?

I know you think your making sense....but your really not.

why do you think its proper for two different people to ask you the same question.....but the answer to each different one should be different?

Edited by John from Hemet

I'm just trying to re-asses the level that I'm dealing with. I'm guessing Manitoba.

You do realize that your mostly here for comic relief right?

You cannot assess other poster's when your drinking juice box from the kiddie table yourself....your only hope is that can keep up......

You take snip its out of other peoples posts and twist them (attempt to....cuz your not very good at it and its too obvious)