Jeff Fisher- why does this man still have a job?

major

The LA RAMS should have done a complete reboot in LA. Should have fired Fisher. His NFL record is 166-152-1. He's also a QB killer. Why draft a new QB and put him under this guy?

Also, Rex Ryan is 54-58. Why does this guy still have a job?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Fisher has a winning record and was 1 yard away from winning the Super Bowl with a not so good team. Not sure why you chose to pick on him out of all the coaches in the NFL

He was 1 yard away from tying the Super Bowl.

Jeff Fisher has a winning record and was 1 yard away from winning tying the Super Bowl with a not so good team. Not sure why you chose to pick on him out of all the coaches in the NFL

In a league of "what have you done for me lately" I find it curious you bring up the 2000 Super Bowl to defend Fisher.

Better question: why do the Ryan Bros. still have jobs?

Its Ryan's 2nd year on a 5 year deal. He was 8-8 last year.

Jeff Fisher got a new deal after 5 consecutive years under .500. 4 with the Rams.

Jeff Fisher has a winning record and was 1 yard away from winning the Super Bowl with a not so good team. Not sure why you chose to pick on him out of all the coaches in the NFL

They were 13-3 that year...

Edited by dneveu

last winning season:

Rex Ryan - 2010 w/ Jets 11-5...lost to Steelers in Conference Championship

Jeff Fisher - 2008 w/ Titans 13-3...lost to Ravens in wild card game

Don't let facts get in the way of a rant

In a league of "what have you done for me lately" I find it curious you bring up the 2000 Super Bowl to defend Fisher.

I mention it because a Super Bowl coach with a winning record is of course going to find employment. Jeff Fisher is highly regarded around the league. I find this whole topic odd

Better question: why do the Ryan Bros. still have jobs?

Atta boy, make the thread about what you want! Nevermind the OP's question was about something completely different. Here are some other threads you could derail:

Who shot JFK?

-Who cares, that's the past. The real question is why the Ryans assassinated our chances of winning.

Should we sign Freeney?

- With Rex as the HC, it doesn't matter who we bring in.

What is the GDP of Sri Lanka?

- I heard that place makes a lot of shoes. You know who is against shoes? Rex Ryan. I don't like that guy

I mention it because a Super Bowl coach with a winning record is of course going to find employment. Jeff Fisher is highly regarded around the league. I find this whole topic odd

how many coaches could go last 6 years without a winning record and still stay a head coach?

The LA RAMS should have done a complete reboot in LA. Should have fired Fisher. His NFL record is 166-152-1. He's also a QB killer. Why draft a new QB and put him under this guy?

Also, Rex Ryan is 54-58. Why does this guy still have a job?

The short answer is that the NFL tends to be very cautious and conservative, and once a guy establishes a resume of being an NFL head coach, he is perceived by many in the sport as qualified for the job, even if he's not.

Also, Rex talks a good game, which can be effective.