Jeff Fisher- why does this man still have a job?

major

I mention it because a Super Bowl coach with a winning record is of course going to find employment. Jeff Fisher is highly regarded around the league. I find this whole topic odd

Way to not answer the question.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is Fisher has experience in what it takes to transfer a team from one city to another with Houston Oilers to TN. The OP is right, he basically is an 8-8 coach lifetime.

Once the dust settles in LA, if Fisher doesn't doesn't get closer to the playoffs, he's going to be gone by the end of say 2017. So that I believe is the answer to your original question. That is a good business decision for Kronke.

You asked a question?

Perhaps I didn't use a question mark, but I was certainly "asking" why you felt a Super Bowl appearance 16 years ago is a rationale for keeping a coach who hasn't posted a winning record since 2008.

• 2 months later...

Did I just hear the LA Rams want to extend Jeff fisher???? For what?? He must have unloaded the moving vans himself once they arrived in Los Angeles, because I can't think of another reason to extend him

Hmmm

@andrewbrandt

Jeff Fisher's agent: Marvin Demoff, father of Rams executive Kevin Demoff. Father-son negotiation. #Rams

Keep in mind the very best in the profession is .667 (Belichick). So the question is how far Fisher's .524 is from .667? Essentially 11-5 is what the very best coaches average (and with arguably the best qb of all time for 15 years), so that's the best anyone has proven in the modern NFL.

QB killer? McNair was effective for years. Vince Young (Mr. I need to rent a whole plane so I can fly alone) killed himself.

Belichick was 36-44 when he got to NE. Some of my friends would tell you that means he's a "f**king loser coach, not fit for waterboy at my high school", but look what happened after that. Marv was a "f**king loser coach" too when he got to Buffalo, his KC record was 31-42. Winning a championship with the JV Alouettes with 3 downs and a 55 yard line doesn't mean jack.

Rex's last couple years in NY not good enough? Give Belichick Geno Smith for a QB for 2 years and let's see what his record is.

I don't think it's really cronyism. Fisher has proven he can coach well in the NFL. The list of people walking the streets out there (who want to coach) who've proven likewise is very short.

Where has changing coaches every 3 years gotten the Bills?

I believe that kept Fisher so that they could do this season of Hard Knocks. It's branding. There is a very small chance that Fisher won't be gone by the end of the season.

but ...

@adamschefter

Rams trying and expecting to extend contracts of HC Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead before regular season starts, per sources. Deals likely.

Keep in mind the very best in the profession is .667 (Belichick). So the question is how far Fisher's .524 is from .667? Essentially 11-5 is what the very best coaches average (and with arguably the best qb of all time for 15 years), so that's the best anyone has proven in the modern NFL.

QB killer? McNair was effective for years. Vince Young (Mr. I need to rent a whole plane so I can fly alone) killed himself.

Belichick was 36-44 when he got to NE. Some of my friends would tell you that means he's a "f**king loser coach, not fit for waterboy at my high school", but look what happened after that. Marv was a "f**king loser coach" too when he got to Buffalo, his KC record was 31-42. Winning a championship with the JV Alouettes with 3 downs and a 55 yard line doesn't mean jack.

Rex's last couple years in NY not good enough? Give Belichick Geno Smith for a QB for 2 years and let's see what his record is.

I don't think it's really cronyism. Fisher has proven he can coach well in the NFL. The list of people walking the streets out there (who want to coach) who've proven likewise is very short.

Where has changing coaches every 3 years gotten the Bills?

This type of post belongs in the belichick great or lucky thread.

It's good here too. Just making an observation.

Atta boy, make the thread about what you want! Nevermind the OP's question was about something completely different. Here are some other threads you could derail:

Who shot JFK?

-Who cares, that's the past. The real question is why the Ryans assassinated our chances of winning.

Should we sign Freeney?

- With Rex as the HC, it doesn't matter who we bring in.

What is the GDP of Sri Lanka?

- I heard that place makes a lot of shoes. You know who is against shoes? Rex Ryan. I don't like that guy

Rex Ryan was specifically mentioned in the original post. so how is it off-topic?