LA TV weathergirl shows skin, told to cover up on live TV

Nothing wrong except she is Asian and Asians are supposed to be conservative not supposed to dress like that according to some in media even though you see more exposed on CNN commentators. Maybe the news anchor ought to be wearing a toupee to cover his exposed skin as well.

i hate to sound like a grumpy old guy, but i don't think that dress is really appropriate for a newscast, that is a date dress or a night out dress...just my opinion. she looked great in it, but still not appropriate for that setting

A cocktail dress is not a professional dress, no matter how good it looks.

But getting as bent out of shape about it as some people were is ridiculous. People were actually complaining that it made her look like she was out partying all night, went to a stranger's house for a night of casual sex, then came in to work without going home to change, and what message was that sending the children? That's a hell of a lot of extrapolation from a little black dress. :lol:

I think it is against station policy for our weather chick...umm I mean degreed meteorologist, to wear sleeves or anything that is not skin tight, on air. Believe it affects hr ability to accurately forecast .

https://www.google.com/search?q=nikki+dee+ray&espv=2&biw=1263&bih=705&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjotpnj5N7MAhXMHD4KHVLBCjMQsAQIGw

i hate to sound like a grumpy old guy, but i don't think that dress is really appropriate for a newscast, that is a date dress or a night out dress...just my opinion. she looked great in it, but still not appropriate for that setting

Yeah I sort of agree. Nothing wrong with it, just maybe not the best setting. No reason to tell her to cover up on air tho

You sound like a grumpy old guy.

You sound like a grumpy old guy.

I guess Pooj's answer is no and just he sounds like a grumpy old guy who is jealous he can not get any.

I don't know if it's provocative, but it's certainly not the right attire for the venue. It would be like if the traffic guy was reporting from the helicopter while wearing a tuxedo. Just doesn't look right.

I saw a bit of this on Twitter yesterday...rumor is that it was a joke among the staff or something. Didn't pay enough attention to f/u on that.

Cute girl though.

The joke was handing her the sweater. They were basically mocking the people who were complaining.