Jets Tried To trade For Tunsil

H2o

The Jets admitted they were trying to trade upin last week’s draft to get to Ole Miss tackleLaremy Tunsil, but according to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, they failed to get a deal done with their co-tenants in MetLife Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/jets-tried-to-make-trade-with-giants-couldnt-get-it-done/

Glad this didn't happen, though he still landed in the division.

Giants probably could have had Apple at 20.

If Tunsil was off the board Apple may well have been Miami's pick. I am high on Apple. Had him graded as my 2nd DB behind Ramsey with possible all-pro potential. I would not have made that trade back and risked missing him.

Edited by GunnerBill

is there an over under for how long till Tunsil is suspended for hitting the bong again? I don't think the fish will ever learn.

I think they got an exceptional football player that didn't test positive at the combine and claims to have not tested positive during his collegiate administered tests. His video resulted in the speculative loss of millions of dollars. The risk is worth his perceived talent at the spot in which the Dolphins drafted him.

Edited by KellyToTasker

If Tunsil was off the board Apple may well have been Miami's pick. I am high on Apple. Had him graded as my 2nd DB behind Ramsey with possible all-pro potential. I would not have made that trade back and risked missing him.

we used to call him Eli Crapple. OSU plays quarters though and they get exposed sometimes. Pass D was best in many years last season and he was a part of that.

I do think he has a lot of potential. He checks all the boxes. Just raw. Thought he (and Lee, plus Marshall ) should have returned and benefited from another year. But I understand why they left.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Giants probably could have had Apple at 20.

Living in Nj, I am a Giants fan as well, they are my #2 team, I was pissed when they made the pick, they needed a better OG/OT to protect Eli and Apple couldve been picked up at 20 like you said, had they made the trade. It worked out for us though the less ammunition the jets have the better off we are.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/jets-tried-to-make-trade-with-giants-couldnt-get-it-done/

Glad this didn't happen, though he still landed in the division.

True, I feel better about him being on the mess that is the Dolphins team, jets are a good QB away from defeating the evil empire for the AFC east championship title in a cage match. Im surprised they havent signed Fitz yet, and if we're lucky they wont, however I dont see any other teams beating down Fitzs door so its probably only a matter of time.

we used to call him Eli Crapple. OSU plays quarters though and they get exposed sometimes. Pass D was best in many years last season and he was a part of that.

I do think he has a lot of potential. He checks all the boxes. Just raw. Thought he (and Lee, plus Marshall ) should have returned and benefited from another year. But I understand why they left.

I obviously haven't seen as much Ohio State football as you, but when I did watch OSU last year he stood out to me. I know a lot of people think he was a reach at #10, but he was one of my favourite players in this draft.

I can see why. They have a lot of cash tied up in tackles right now, and I can see trying to groom a rookie replacement.

Well........game on

Tunsil vs Hughes

Although I hear they are starting him at guard?

From what I hear. Miami's problem last year wasn't it's OTs.

Of course, like we've been over a million times regarding Glenn, slotting a great tackle in the guard spot does not equal great success: Great tackles have to rely on long arms and side movement to edge rushers. Guards have to worry about interior penetration.

I think Miami saw value they couldn't ignore and didn't think about how to slot him in.

Subject is wrong - they did not attempt to trade for Tunsil - they attempted to trade up to select Tunsil. Trading for would be like Eli Manning situation - picked by one team and rights traded post pick to another team.

thank god that's been cleared up.