Bills Staying in Orchard Park? Buying Up Land Around...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple question.. what do you do with a huge stadium downtown for 42 weeks a year? after the season.

Fill it with shows and conventions. It will double as a convention center. And if all goes to plan and the Pegulas pay for it/own it, that will be for them to worry about.

Its not like that area is generating anything as it stands currently. Its just projects and other low priced property keeping the city down.

If you build it, they will come.

Fill it with shows and conventions. It will double as a convention center. And if all goes to plan and the Pegulas pay for it/own it, that will be for them to worry about.

Its not like that area is generating anything as it stands currently. Its just projects and other low priced property keeping the city down.

If you build it, they will come.

what kind of shows? the FNC does 20 grand events. what could possibly draw 60 grand to a downtown stadium in march. i respect your opinion and have heard that argument before. but IMHO, just do not feel there will be enough events .

@john_wawrow

Am told #Bills have purchased some land near the Ralph with plan to expand/add practice field to better suit what Rex wants to do.

The land was purchased about 2 weeks ago, and it appears construction for #Bills expanded practice field set to begin soon.

The new field will be adjacent to #Bills current outdoor one just south of AdPro Fieldhouse.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@john_wawrow

Am told #Bills have purchased some land near the Ralph with plan to expand/add practice field to better suit what Rex wants to do.

The land was purchased about 2 weeks ago, and it appears construction for #Bills expanded practice field set to begin soon.

The new field will be adjacent to #Bills current outdoor one just south of AdPro Fieldhouse.

Beat me to it as usual Yolo

i swear, i didn't realize this had become a big thing. i read this thread earlier today and made a few calls to find out what was up.

that said, i didn't take another look at this thing until just a few minutes ago and realized that it had become A BIG THING until it wasn't.

it's not.

jw

what kind of shows? the FNC does 20 grand events. what could possibly draw 60 grand to a downtown stadium in march. i respect your opinion and have heard that argument before. but IMHO, just do not feel there will be enough events .

Car shows, boat shows, etc. Whatever the Convention Center is currently getting. Then we can tear that thing down and build something new there too.

Couple of concerts (Rolling Stones, One Direction, etc)

Just off the top of my head. You arent going to have something big every week. But I bet they could make it work.

Just drove by The Ralph about 10 minutes ago. Lots of gravel and leveling/paving looking asphalt piles on the north side of the stadium on the Southwestern side between the stadium and the corner of Southwestern and Callifornia.

Not sure if this is the land in question but something is in the works.

Pegula isn't a dumb man tho. So additional acreage as well as office or practice facilities are never a bad thing.

Hopefully he is really smart and creates a 1,000 office building to pay for all the new scouts he wants to hire.

@john_wawrow

Ah, makes sense. Thank you Yolo and John.

so thats it? no hope then?

Who knows? But my opinion is that staying in OP makes zero sense for a new stadium w/o supporting infrastructure to accommodate easier ways to get in/out along with a viable plan for year round utilization.

Who knows? But my opinion is that staying in OP makes zero sense for a new stadium w/o supporting infrastructure to accommodate easier ways to get in/out along with a viable plan for year round utilization.

just pour all you can into the OP location. KC and GB are prime examples and are rated consistently among a select few as the top venues for NFL football .. again.. that is game experience , not downtown development projects.

Edited by dwight in philly

just pour all you can into the OP location. KC and GB are prime examples and are rated consistently as among a select few as the top venues for NFL football .. again.. that is game experience , not downtown development projects.

Football gameday experience is important, but when an area invests that much money into a new facility there has to much more use for it than 10 football games per year in order to have it make sense. JMO

Football gameday experience is important, but when an area invests that much money into a new facility there has to much more use for it than 10 football games per year in order to have it make sense. JMO

thats why you leave it where it is..