2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a little something on the winners and losers from the OL & RB groups in Indianapolis. I'll do the same for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/03/winners-and-losers-from-friday-at-the-2017-nfl-scouting-combine/

good right up :thumbsup:

looks like Bolles would be a better fit than Pocic.

I friggin puke if McCaffrey goes to the Pats. :sick::sick:

good right up :thumbsup:

looks like Bolles would be a better fit than Pocic.

I friggin puke if McCaffrey goes to the Pats. :sick::sick:

Yeah, I'd love to land Bolles after trading back. Edited by NewEra

I took a look at the athletic testing of the WR & TE groups, picking out some winners and some losers (including one that even I found tough to include). Left QB off the table for reasons I explained in another thread.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/04/who-made-money-and-lost-it-in-the-wr-and-te-groups-at-the-nfl-combine/

I took a look at the athletic testing of the WR & TE groups, picking out some winners and some losers (including one that even I found tough to include). Left QB off the table for reasons I explained in another thread.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/04/who-made-money-and-lost-it-in-the-wr-and-te-groups-at-the-nfl-combine/

Nice write-up, Godwin is really impressive and Engram is intriguing. I think Engram is now a first round pick, but we might still be able to snag Godwin in the 2nd. That would be ideal. As much as I like Davis and Williams, I am leaning away from taking a WR at 10. There is just so much depth at the position.

I thought Kupp and Njoku were fine. Mike Williams was a winner for me, his movement looked great for a man of that size.

I will say this, if they hold onto Tyrod, and baring they bring in Alshon Jeffery- they absolutely should grab one of the big three at WR.

Williams

Davis

Ross- although not a huge fan of ross. He's a bit more polished Goodwin if you ask me.

The class of DBs is said to be extremely deep, I feel like we can almost wait a little to stock up on the back end.

Nice write-up, Godwin is really impressive and Engram is intriguing. I think Engram is now a first round pick, but we might still be able to snag Godwin in the 2nd. That would be ideal. As much as I like Davis and Williams, I am leaning away from taking a WR at 10. There is just so much depth at the position.

I thought Kupp and Njoku were fine. Mike Williams was a winner for me, his movement looked great for a man of that size.

I kinda felt a bit bad adding Njoku, just a contextual thing in comparison to OJ. OJ was supposed to be the all-rounder, Njoku the superior athlete. I mainly added him because he wrote a cheque with his mouth and his body didn't cash it.

Kupp tested okay for what he is but, as I wrote, it capped his value. Still love him, still keeps the same grade, I just hoped he might shock me and run sub 4.55.

The guy that I wanted to include as a winner was Robert Davis, the Georgia State WR. I'm going to need to find out if he can play like he can move. Incredibly impressive athlete. Above average to elite in every category but agility - https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/robert-davis

Edited by Blokestradamus

I kinda felt a bit bad adding Njoku, just a contextual thing in comparison to OJ. OJ was supposed to be the all-rounder, Njoku the superior athlete. I mainly added him because he wrote a cheque with his mouth and his body didn't cash it.

Kupp tested okay for what he is but, as I wrote, it capped his value. Still love him, still keeps the same grade, I just hoped he might shock me and run sub 4.55.

The guy that I wanted to include as a winner was Robert Davis, the Georgia State WR. I'm going to need to find out if he can play like he can move. Incredibly impressive athlete. Above average to elite in every category but agility - https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/robert-davis

Davis is my clear winner, as front offices have no choice other than to go back and watch more tape of him.

He was really productive as GSU--I will also be adding him to my file for a look-see

What did you guys think of the QB's yesterday? Trubisky had the best arm of the bunch, I was impressed with him. I didn't see him play this year so I'm going to do some digging today. He has my attention after yesterday. Does he have the head to go with that arm?

Watson looked good but I'm going to keep my stance. I don't want him in Buffalo. His passes often float a bit and I don't think that is a good recipe for success playing outdoors in the AFC east. Watson seems to have everything else though, his big games speak for themselves, he is a winner. I wouldn't hate the pick, maybe that's because I expect it and want to believe.

Mahomes was solid, as expected. I thought his arm would look more alive than it did. He would be a guy that I'd want to sit down with and talk things out. He looked like a space cadet at some points yesterday and that worries me.

Kizer is not my guy. I have a hard time seeing Whaley take him. It would look like the same approach they had with EJ, not saying I think he is EJ type of bad. He just fits the mold of the perfect QB body which failed Whaley and his scouts on their previous pick so I think it's safe to assume they will attempt a different route.

Edited by Commonsense

What did you guys think of the QB's yesterday? Trubisky had the best arm of the bunch, I was impressed with him. I didn't see him play this year so I'm going to do some digging today. He has my attention after yesterday. Does he have the head to go with that arm?.

He's got more head than arm imo. Every time I watch him it feels like I'm watching an NFL veteran

Goes thru reads like a boss. Check out the throw at 3:13, makes it look easy.

My scout report on Utah OT Garett Bolles. Spoiler - he's kinda good.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/05/bills-2017-nfl-draft-targets-utah-ot-garett-bolles-scouting-report/

2nd rounder on my board.

What did you guys think of the QB's yesterday? Trubisky had the best arm of the bunch, I was impressed with him. I didn't see him play this year so I'm going to do some digging today. He has my attention after yesterday. Does he have the head to go with that arm?

I think he has the weakest arm of the 4.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.