2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his write up on Watson (who he has number 22 on his big board)

"He was the most accurate passer at the combine, which was a surprise for a quarterback who threw an FBS-high 30 combined interceptions over the past two seasons."

Only a surprise if you haven't been back and looked at each of those interceptions. Daniel Jeremiah posted his breakdown of them the other week and the overwhelming majority were from decision making being over aggressive with the football. This idea that he is somehow fundamentally inaccurate is not supported by the tape.

He is number 11 on my big board FWIW.

From his write up on Watson (who he has number 22 on his big board)

"He was the most accurate passer at the combine, which was a surprise for a quarterback who threw an FBS-high 30 combined interceptions over the past two seasons."

Only a surprise if you haven't been back and looked at each of those interceptions. Daniel Jeremiah posted his breakdown of them the other week and the overwhelming majority were from decision making being over aggressive with the football. This idea that he is somehow fundamentally inaccurate is not supported by the tape.

He is number 11 on my big board FWIW.

I don't understand how people can simply brush aside the big game performances by Watson. This guy isn't Tebow or Vince Young on a college football field and I'm not convinced a 1 pm October game against the Jets in Metlife is more difficult than Bama in the National championship game. Everyone whose been around him just raves about him having the "it" factor. Honestly, I expect he'll be the first QB off the board and long gone by 10, but if he's still there I'd run to the podium. I don't think I'd take any of the other QBs at 10 nor would I trade up to get them with our 2nd.

Interesting draft rumors at Walter Football: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

Interesting news on Davis and Watson.

I don't understand how people can simply brush aside the big game performances by Watson. This guy isn't Tebow or Vince Young on a college football field and I'm not convinced a 1 pm October game against the Jets in Metlife is more difficult than Bama in the National championship game. Everyone whose been around him just raves about him having the "it" factor. Honestly, I expect he'll be the first QB off the board and long gone by 10, but if he's still there I'd run to the podium. I don't think I'd take any of the other QBs at 10 nor would I trade up to get them with our 2nd.

It's just that things are lining up for us to pick BCBA at #10. Or trade down.

I don't see us going for a QB that early, and I think Whaley is gunshy about that after EJ.

CB is yuuge right now.

Walterfootball has an absolute obsession with Kizer. It is not surprising that no team thought he had the best workout. He was inaccurate in shorts and against air.

Yes, I don't think he will go as high as some think. Unless the ESPN/Kiper/McShay hype machine gets a hold of him leading up to the draft.

I'd honestly probably stop rooting for the team for as long as he is on the roster if they drafted Mixon. The guy completely caved in a woman's face.

I finally saw the video.

he shouldn't have hit her I'll grant that. however she laid her hands on him first. there were a lot of mistakes made by both parties but I didn't think the video was as bad as I thought it would be before I saw it. also he was 17 at the time.

Drafting Kelly would be worse than stupid. The kid is a partier and you are gonna have him in his hometown with all his buddies.

What could possibility go wrong?

Plus if he was bad, he'd never hear the end of it. Your uncle was awesome and you suck!

What is interesting is that usually the qb hype machine is in overdrive after the combine pushing qbs up

I dont get the sense of that this year and I think one of these qbs is gonna be available to us at the 2nd round pick

Give me a offensive playmaker in the 1st

The draft is still a month and a half away. I think the Patriots holding onto Garappolo will start sending ripples turning into big waves to teams with aging QBs like the Saints, Cardinals, Steelers, Chargers and Giants. All of them were interviewing QBs at the combine. So not only are you competing with the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Texans...you now are all of a sudden competing with a whole bunch of teams. You can also add in the the Redskins who will need a QB in 2018. There's also a lot of talk about the Chiefs wanting to move on from Smith.

The Bills still need to find a franchise QB. The Taylor signing did nothing to change this fact.

This year's QBs will almost certainly shoot up the draft boards basically because of the supply and demand principle. People can make fun of fans that want to draft a QB even if it is seen as a big reach, but if you don't have a legit franchise QB you're team is like a house with a cracked foundation, or a car with a bad engine. Now the Patriots look solid even after Brady leaves. Think that isn't scaring these franchises with aging QBs?

I predict at least 4, maybe 5 QBs will be gone by the second round.

Edited by 1billsfan

Drafting Kelly would be worse than stupid. The kid is a partier and you are gonna have him in his hometown with all his buddies.

What could possibility go wrong?

Plus if he was bad, he'd never hear the end of it. Your uncle was awesome and you suck!

He could also be reigned in by his uncle and be pretty damn good. The tape don't lie!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.