2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really tight coverage. The guy is near him but not in position to catch the ball.

Okay, but to me that's like the flip side of McKelvin in his early years. Always in the WR's pocket, but never able to make a play on the ball. My point was that ability to create separation is maybe #2 in importance to a WR after availability.

Okay, but to me that's like the flip side of McKelvin in his early years. Always in the WR's pocket, but never able to make a play on the ball. My point was that ability to create separation is maybe #2 in importance to a WR after availability.

Getting open in the primary skill for an NFL WR. I can only put a 1st round value on guys who get open with advanced route running skills (like Davis) or guys with extreme speed (Ross). It's why I went nuts over guys like Amari Cooper, that will always translate from the WR perspective.

Then you have to consider the strengths of the quarterback you have and the scheme you run to add context.

Players like Mike Williams have a place in the NFL but the lack of sharp breaks and long speed means more targets will be contested, gives you a lower margin for error and a higher potential failure rate.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Getting open in the primary skill for an NFL WR. I can only put a 1st round value on guys who get open with advanced route running skills (like Davis) or guys with extreme speed (Ross). It's why I went nuts over guys like Amari Cooper, that will always translate from the WR perspective.

Then you have to consider the strengths of the quarterback you have and the scheme you run to add context.

Players like Mike Williams have a place in the NFL but the lack of sharp breaks and long speed means more targets will be contested, gives you a lower margin for error and a higher potential failure rate.

Mike Williams will have no problem gaining separation in the NFL.

LOL, you guys are correct.

Rd 1: Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
Rd 2: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC
Rd 3: Anonio Garcia OT Troy
Rd 5: Nathan Peterman QB Pittsburgh

Rd 5: *Gotta Be* Chunky Clements DT Illinois
Rd 6: Orion Stewart S Baylor

Brain fart, I'm very prone to them after the surgery.

I assumed drafting Peterman temporarily sucked the universe into an abyss and we skipped the pick.

:w00t: LOL :w00t:

@chasegoodbread

WR Corey Davis measured 6-2 7/8 at WMU pro day this morning.

hate those 1/8th measurements that is 6'3"

Mock this mock and I'll clean your clock. JK

Rd 1: Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State

Rd 2: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC

Rd 3: Anonio Garcia OT Troy

Rd 5: Nathan Peterman QB Pittsburgh

Rd 6: Orion Stewart S Baylor

Flame on.

we have two 5th round picks, solid draft though

@movethesticks

According to a scout at Clemson today-- Mike Williams ran 4.58 & 4.56

@nfldraftscout

Scout at the Clemson pro day just text me that Mike Williams is another Michael Thomas. (That's a compliment)

I think Mike Williams is somewhere between a 15 and 20 pick

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.