2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dream! I Traded our 2nd for Denver's 2nd round pick & 3rd round comp pick. (2-12 for 2-19 & 3-37). CBS Board.

10: R1P10
LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA
51: R2P19
S OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT
75: R3P11
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
101: R3P37
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
156: R5P12
EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE
171: R5P27
CB JALEN MYRICK
MINNESOTA
195: R6P11
K ZANE GONZALEZ
ARIZONA STATE

Dare to dream!!

I watched Jalen Myrick again last week while watching Wisc. and Wash. St., excellent bump and run CB, stays in phase on go's down the sideline, good job maintaining zone disciplines, competitive on a down by down basis, good CoD skills. Late locating the ball more than one would like, but has natural field speed that will match his track speed at the combine. Reminds me of Ron Brooks, but better general awareness on the field, love him in the 5th round range as a sub package guy that can handle spot duty on the perimeter. Can help in the return game is a bonus.

Can we ring the NFL tell them they don't need to do the real draft we will take this one?

No answer... Ill try back later.

The Dream! I Traded our 2nd for Denver's 2nd round pick & 3rd round comp pick. (2-12 for 2-19 & 3-37). CBS Board.

LB REUBEN FOSTER

ALABAMA

S OBI MELIFONWU

CONNECTICUT

QB PATRICK MAHOMES II

TEXAS TECH

WR ZAY JONES

EAST CAROLINA

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS

LOUISVILLE

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

K ZANE GONZALEZ

ARIZONA STATE

So, after spending three draft picks (including a second rounder) on ILB last year, we go ILB with the no. 10 pick in the draft this year? No thank you.

So, after spending three draft picks (including a second rounder) on ILB last year, we go ILB with the no. 10 pick in the draft this year? No thank you.

Foster can play all 3 LB spots, he's not limited to ILB. Ragland could be the Sam or ILB in base D, Foster could as well, and Foster's athletic enough to be the WILL as well, he would actually upgrade the position as a whole and provide tremendous flexibility at the LB core. Foster would not have to leave the field no matter the situation, they could run base D in passing situations potentially.

LB REUBEN FOSTER

ALABAMA

S OBI MELIFONWU

CONNECTICUT

QB PATRICK MAHOMES II

TEXAS TECH

WR ZAY JONES

EAST CAROLINA

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS

LOUISVILLE

CB JALEN MYRICK

MINNESOTA

K ZANE GONZALEZ

ARIZONA STATE

That's a nice draft!!

Foster can play all 3 LB spots, he's not limited to ILB. Ragland could be the Sam or ILB in base D, Foster could as well, and Foster's athletic enough to be the WILL as well, he would actually upgrade the position as a whole and provide tremendous flexibility at the LB core. Foster would not have to leave the field no matter the situation, they could run base D in passing situations potentially.

Is Foster a pass rusher?

Is Foster a pass rusher?

He is a capable blitzer, I wouldn't call him a classic edge rushing LB, but I've seen him create pressure up the middle and get the edge off the edge and take a QB down, he's twitchy and fast enough that he's an very effective delay blitzer. The only drafting pass rushers theory gets you Gaines Adams or Jamal Anderson instead of Patrick Willis or Lawrence Timmons.

If all things are equal, pass rusher or LB like I believe it's close this year with Foster and Garrett, then I would also go with Garrett, but if it's between Foster and the field of Passrushers other wise (maybe sub S. Thomas) it's Foster for me all day long, his over all skill set is that good IMO per my evaluations. The same as I would take Luke Keuchly over any pass rusher in the 2012 draft, hindsight included.

Do you think Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly were worth their picks? Foster is drawing those comparisons from some scouts.

My original statement was probably a bit too broad. For example, I would almost never use a premium pick on a RB, but Zeke Elliott is an exception to that rule. Given the steep investment in Ragland, who is still an unknown, Foster seems like a luxury pick we cannot afford, but I suppose it would depend who else was still on the board.

Corey Davis, widely seen as one of the top two receivers in the class, had ankle surgery last month and will not participate

LB Reuben Foster, viewed as a first-round prospect, recently had rotator cuff surgery and is on a four-month rehabilitation program.

Malik Hooker, forecast as a top 10 pick, is also going to miss the Combine workouts due to core muscle and hip surgeries

Fournette expected to run

He was hampered by a low and high ankle sprain and a bone bruise in his foot all through the 2016 campaign

Ryan Ramczyk, considered the best offensive tackle in the class, is also won’t be on the field at the Combine following hip surgery for a torn labrum

Edited by ALF

Corey Davis, widely seen as one of the top two receivers in the class, had ankle surgery last month and will not participate
LB Reuben Foster, viewed as a first-round prospect, recently had rotator cuff surgery and is on a four-month rehabilitation program.
Malik Hooker, forecast as a top 10 pick, is also going to miss the Combine workouts due to core muscle and hip surgeries
Fournette expected to run
He was hampered by a low and high ankle sprain and a bone bruise in his foot all through the 2016 campaign
Ryan Ramczyk, considered the best offensive tackle in the class, is also won’t be on the field at the Combine following hip surgery for a torn labrum

There are more medical redflags in this draft than any I can remember, many seem like they are not serious in nature, but team doctors will be earning their keep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.