Dolphins toss out rookie minicamp in favor of classroom

Rookies in Miami won't have minicamp practices like other teams. They will learn how to be "professional football players" instead.

Thoughts?

Dolphins testing innovative idea of tossing out rookie minicamp practices

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/2/11566230/miami-dolphins-rookie-minicamps-practices

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think those rookies are going to be bored to tears after a few hours of lectures in a classroom and won't retain most of what they're given.

As for injuries, they still have to take the field sooner or later and their first time being with the vets could cause a higher rate of injuries as they are trying to keep up (probably not, but it's as legit as saying injuries will go down by not doing the 3 day camp).

Also, I don't think those three days of camp are going to do a whole lot to combat the late season slump.

IMO, a combination of the two might be a good idea. Plan to spend more time in the classroom and do lighter stuff on the field to help practice what they preach.

I took a look at that 2000 Baltimore Ravens playbook.

After that, it's not a half bad idea.

For those of you who dismiss it, don't you feel Preston Brown would have benefited from some classroom learning about the defense?

For those of you who dismiss it, don't you feel Preston Brown would have benefited from some classroom learning about the defense?

They get classroom work already. The Fish are just taking all of the on-field stuff away.

There are positional meetings and film time...that's their classroom work

With the huge and growing differences between the pro and college games, a 3 day crash course in shell cover schemes might not be a bad idea at all.

It will also be a very strong indicator of who really wants to get better when it comes to preparation.

I hear Chris Carter is giving a lecture on "Posse Construction: Fall Guy Strategies and the Importance of Loyal Homies."

Seriously though, I give the Phins organization credit for doing this. It's a great idea, actually.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear Chris Carter is giving a lecture on "Posse Construction: Fall Guy Strategies and the Importance of Loyal Homies."

Seriously though, I give the Phins organization credit for doing this. It's a great idea, actually.

GO BILLS!!!

Look around the room. If you can't identify the fall guy - then the fall guy is you.