Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

We brought in some UDFAs too. I know the rule is "sucks till proven otherwise" but maybe we get lucky?

I think they're planning to use their good luck quotient on the WR position by bringing in several vets who have produced elsewhere before, albeit in limited roles.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We brought in some UDFAs too. I know the rule is "sucks till proven otherwise" but maybe we get lucky?

We dont need these UDFAs if our line looks like Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Slauson-Henderson with Mills, Miller and Velasco as depth. Thats about as solid as you are going to get in the NFL today.

I think they're planning to use their good luck quotient on the WR position by bringing in several vets who have produced elsewhere before, albeit in limited roles.

I seriously doubt the WR position is set for the regular season. We really need at least one if not 2 WRs. Unless you think Listenbee is ready for prime time. Look to the Slauson-type cuts which we can jump on.

I'm pretty sure this is right on the mark, and that's why Rex was non-committal about him. He would be good depth, but if he sees himself as a starter... it's well, a non-starter.

common man! how long youse been around hear? you learn nuttin?

too long, lol, this place has given me a learning disability

I seriously doubt the WR position is set for the regular season. We really need at least one if not 2 WRs. Unless you think Listenbee is ready for prime time. Look to the Slauson-type cuts which we can jump on.

Depends. Do you think Woods is a #2 WR or better suited for the slot?

Your confident in Miller? I get it he was a rookie. But he struggled significantly and they are taking a little bit of a gamble in him this year. Slauson would provide great insurance and we have plenty of cap now.

Scott,

I actually am confident in him

But even if one says that they are not WE HAVE ALREADY SIGNED BACKUP INSURANCE

You dont give up on a player going from year 1 to year 2

And we dont have plenty of cap now......everything we can save now we can roll into next year as well.

Makes sense - but I think he would certainly be in the mix to start at right guard. I know Rodak said RT and that's not crazy considering how much we run the ball but I see him as a better fit at guard. I can see not guaranteeing a starting spot though and I think SD can probably do that.

Your confident in Miller? I get it he was a rookie. But he struggled significantly and they are taking a little bit of a gamble in him this year. Slauson would provide great insurance and we have plenty of cap now.

Slauson isn't signing here (or anywhere) to be insurance. He's a starter.

I think he wants to be a starter and get starter money. I don't think The Bills are looking at him for that.

It's ridiculous to think the Bills believe Mills is a better option than a player of Slauson's level. They wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he was going to be the new starter at RT.

My guess is the Bills told him they wanted him to play RT, to which he said "Ok, then I want a long-term contract comparable to the top half of the tackles in this league." Buffalo would have trouble with that. So he left.

Slauson isn't signing here (or anywhere) to be insurance. He's a starter.

It's ridiculous to think the Bills believe Mills is a better option than a player of Slauson's level. They wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he was going to be the new starter at RT.

My guess is the Bills told him they wanted him to play RT, to which he said "Ok, then I want a long-term contract comparable to the top half of the tackles in this league." Buffalo would have trouble with that. So he left.

I think you got it all right.

This is frustrating. He's a quality player and an instant upgrade at either RG or RT. If he only wants to play guard, then let him play guard. He's better than Miller and only around 3 mil a year.

If Miller has a problem with that, play better and take the job from him. It's not about feelings, it's about having the best team out there and we are better with Slauson