RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsher discipline for DUI violations was one of the headliners of the league's recent drug policy makeover. Whereas first-time offenders were often let off without suspension in the past, they'll now face a minimum two-game ban.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/26/6850991/nfl-dui-policy-suspensions-leveon-bell-josh-gordon

He might be able to avoid any conviction and suspension iif he's a first time offender.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the problem with that? He was doing a community service as the designated less drunk driver.

That really is a sad clip. Stupid, but sad.

Well, strictly from a legal standpoint extremely smart of him to not take the breathalyser.(sp)

He was polite, contrite, etc...i

He might be able to avoid any conviction and suspension iif he's a first time offender.

This has been discussed. No chance in Arkansas. You're either convicted (after trial or plea) or acquitted at trial.

@TMZ_Sports

Buffalo Bills Rookie -- Drunk Driving Arrest Video ... 'Officer, I Just Got Drafted' (Video)

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/757651668229955584

He's screwed. He can't even take one step in the FST. Then he is babbling in the backseat. Any juror can spot the drunk driver in that video.

40 ounces x 4. He's twisted like a 12 year old girls hair in Cabo.

If he cannot handle 40 ounces of beer I attest this to school/college system which he went to making his math skills terrible.

Press should have had a press day with that one. Three and 1/3 beers and you could not figure out which cards were license and registration?

2 games for first conviction.

I know what he'll get eventually. What I want to know is when will they decide and for which games are they going to suspend him? If it's going to be l, say in the second month of the season, Jonathan Williams should just plead guilty and he probably won't have his suspension overlap Karlos' suspension.

I know what he'll get eventually. What I want to know is when will they decide and for which games are they going to suspend him? If it's going to be l, say in the second month of the season, Jonathan Williams should just plead guilty and he probably won't have his suspension overlap Karlos' suspension.

But wait---what about the Bills having him simply delay the process for when it is convenient for their offensive backfield needs? You know, "profiling", challenging the FST, all that?

Oh---you must have checked out the video. Now it's "just plead guilty".

Always a pleasure, doc.

But wait---what about the Bills having him simply delay the process for when it is convenient for their offensive backfield needs? You know, "profiling", challenging the FST, all that?

Oh---you must have checked out the video. Now it's "just plead guilty".

Always a pleasure, doc.

I missed this the first time.

I never said he wasn't guilty. I said those are the excuses I'd give as his attorney to try and get him off. But yes, the video looks bad although as you painfully know, videos can be so deceiving. But if a suspension might not come until after Karlos returns, might as well plead guilty.

They may do this, they may not.... As a league or team representative I would aggressively explore offering a free transportation service to all players with no questions asked or an uber charge account, limo service, basically anything... Then in turn come down on them much more harshly for these types of offenses, once they've been made aware of the program.

It is very preventable and its in everyone's best interest to eliminate